Windows 10: Using Onedrive to sync Sharepoint Library

Discus and support Using Onedrive to sync Sharepoint Library in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Good day, I am having a problem synching Sharepoint Library using Onedrive, The Library does not start up/ open automatically when I start my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Thulani Maloka, Mar 15, 2021.

1. Using Onedrive to sync Sharepoint Library

Good day,

I am having a problem synching Sharepoint Library using Onedrive, The Library does not start up/ open automatically when I start my computer, I have to go into onedrive unlink account and login to Sharepoint and click sync then it works but it will work for as long as I don't shutdown or restart the computer. I am using Office365 Business.

I have tried the following.

Uninstall Onedrive and Install it again.

Change the folder path that is used to a different one.

Used the Onedrive.exe /reset and /update commands

Your help will be appreciated.

Thulani Maloka

:)

Thulani Maloka, Mar 15, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

OneDrive sync now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries

Source: OneDrive sync on Windows now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries - Microsoft Tech Community

Brink, Mar 15, 2021
  3. Sharepoint Site Contents Tree View in Windows Explorer

Hi Michael,

You can sync libraries and lists from SharePoint sites to the local sync folder by using OneDrive for Business, but it is not feasible to keep the same navigation tree as in SharePoint Online, the libraries and the lists will be shown as a folder under the
    organization name.

Thanks for your understanding.

Tisky

Tisky Zheng MSFT, Mar 15, 2021
  4. M24VF Win User

Using Onedrive to sync Sharepoint Library

OneDrive for Business (Sharepoint) Application Syncing Old Files?

I have downloaded the latest Onedrive for Business sync client and it does not sync properly. This is on Windows 10. It also has the same behavior on Mac OSX.

I have set it up as per the instructions (adding registry/library settings)

It syncs fine, except for the fact that it syncs an old version of the Sharepoint site. Documents from several months ago, nothing is up to date.

What is going on? How can I fix this?

M24VF, Mar 15, 2021
Thema:

Using Onedrive to sync Sharepoint Library

1. Using Onedrive to sync Sharepoint Library - Similar Threads - Using Onedrive sync

2. OneDrive & SharePoint Syncing Issues

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive & SharePoint Syncing Issues: Good Day to all,I have a brief question regarding a SharePoint Sync to someone's File Explorer via OneDrive.- Long story short, this user had previously set OneDrive to download a local copy of a 200+GB larger SharePoint site, why I have no idea.- OneDrive seen this new...
  3. OneDrive & SharePoint Syncing Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive & SharePoint Syncing Issues: Good Day to all,I have a brief question regarding a SharePoint Sync to someone's File Explorer via OneDrive.- Long story short, this user had previously set OneDrive to download a local copy of a 200+GB larger SharePoint site, why I have no idea.- OneDrive seen this new...
  4. OneDrive & SharePoint Syncing Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Not able to filter SharePoint 2013 libraries

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Not able to filter SharePoint 2013 libraries: Good day, We have 2 SharePoint 2013 servers in a farm WFE and Application server, OWA and SQL server. All running Server 2012.We have an issue where we are not able to filter any library on the sites. When hovering over the filters a Javascript icon appears in the bottom left...
  6. MS Teams not syncing with Sharepoint

MS Teams not syncing with Sharepoint: Hello, I am in process of reorganizing my Teams channels - which requires files and folders to be moved around. I have completed this activity in Sharepoint and have synced back to Teams...or at least, tried to sync. The syncs are claiming to be successful and each...
  7. File path lengths OneDrive sync from SharePoint online

File path lengths OneDrive sync from SharePoint online: I have hunted around for a solution and can't find any recent posts. SP allows path lengths of 400 characters but synching to the OneDrive client runs into errors accessing files with paths over 260 characters. Has anyone found a viable fix for this? Our pilot folders 200GB...
  8. Onedrive Sync / Sharepoint Sync

Onedrive Sync / Sharepoint Sync: Hi In trying to figure out a way to not sync my files in onedrive and sharepoint but still have access to the data stored their via the links in FileManager. We came across Files on-demand on my co-workers computer which works for him but I can't see that setting in my...
  9. Delete another user's local sync OneDrive/Sharepoint files

Delete another user's local sync OneDrive/Sharepoint files: Hi, Prior to me using this computer, my colleague was using it (lets call him Bob). We are all network users but of course it creates local profile and stores data in c:\Users\Bob. Bob is gone now. So I have removed him as a user on this computer, in order to free up...
  10. OneDrive sync now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries

in Windows 10 News
    OneDrive sync now supports IRM protected SharePoint document libraries: Information Rights Management (IRM) lets people set access permissions to help prevent sensitive information from being printed, forwarded, or copied by unauthorized people. When permission for a file is restricted by using IRM, the access and usage restrictions are enforced...