Windows 10: Using Onenote simultaneously with a lecture video

Discus and support Using Onenote simultaneously with a lecture video in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, I am a medical student using a Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 and I have a unique question that I find myself stumped on. I'll preface my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Slowtyper51, Jul 16, 2019.

1. Using Onenote simultaneously with a lecture video

Hello, I am a medical student using a Surface Pro 6 with Windows 10 and I have a unique question that I find myself stumped on. I'll preface my question with the problem I've encountered over the last few days. While watching school lectures on my external monitor, connected to my surface, I have been trying to simultaneously write down notes in Onenote to become a more active learner. Our videos are convenient in that we have the ability to use the space-bar and arrow keys to pause or skip through the video, which makes the process of note-taking less of a chore. However, this keyboard functionality stops working when I start writing down my notes on OneNote as it is now the "active program" and not the video itself. For instance, after writing my notes, if I press the left arrow key to move the video back 15 seconds, OneNote will instead show my cursor moving left while the video keep playing unabated. This brings me to my question, is there anyway for me to retain the ability to navigate my video using my keyboard while still taking notes on OneNote? Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Moved from: (Office | OneNote | Windows 10 | Office 2019)

:)

Slowtyper51, Jul 16, 2019

2. Send to onenote

Hi,

It may be an issue with the add ins in OneNote, we suggest that you disable OneNote add-on and enable it. To do so, follow the steps below:

• Open Internet Explorer.
    • Click Manage add-ons.
    • On the left pane, click Toolbars and Extensions.
    • On the right hand side of the page check for Send to OneNote add-on. Highlight
      Send to OneNote and click on disable.
    • Once the add-on is disabled highlight the add-on again and enable it.
    Note: To enable the File menu in Internet Explorer press the
    Alt
    key on your keyboard.

You may also perform an online repair in Office 2007, to do an Online repair, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows + X.
    • Click Control Panel.
    • Click Programs and Features.
    • Right click Microsoft Office, click Change.
    • Choose Online repair.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jesebel Ova, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Brink Win User
    What is new with OneNote in the classroom

Source: What's new with OneNote in the classroom—LMS integrations, Researcher and more stickers - Office Blogs

Brink, Jul 16, 2019
  4. Brink Win User

Using Onenote simultaneously with a lecture video

OneNote October roundup

Source: OneNote October roundup - Office Blogs

Brink, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

Using Onenote simultaneously with a lecture video

1. Using Onenote simultaneously with a lecture video - Similar Threads - Using Onenote simultaneously

2. ONLINE LECTURE VIDEO CAN'T BE PLAYED

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ONLINE LECTURE VIDEO CAN'T BE PLAYED: Good afternoon, folks. Please, l need help. I can't watch my paid online lecture videos on my system. whereas l can play it on my android phone and tablet but cannot play it on my "Lenovo ThinkPad T450 corei7, 16GB of Ram". My browsers, Edge and Chrome are up to date. My...
  3. ONLINE LECTURE VIDEO CAN'T BE PLAYED

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    ONLINE LECTURE VIDEO CAN'T BE PLAYED: Good afternoon, folks. Please, l need help. I can't watch my paid online lecture videos on my system. whereas l can play it on my android phone and tablet but cannot play it on my "Lenovo ThinkPad T450 corei7, 16GB of Ram". My browsers, Edge and Chrome are up to date. My...
  4. ONLINE LECTURE VIDEO CAN'T BE PLAYED

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Onenote issues of use

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Onenote issues of use: I loaded all my worksheets from Excell onto Onenote. I thought it would be great if I moved to another PC in future. Now I can't get to a worksheet via the start menu as I normally did I have to go to my pc where is shows all the apps on my system and there I find Onenote and...
  6. Onenote issues of use

Onenote issues of use: I loaded all my worksheets from Excell onto Onenote. I thought it would be great if I moved to another PC in future. Now I can't get to a worksheet via the start menu as I normally did I have to go to my pc where is shows all the apps on my system and there I find Onenote and...
  7. I use Windows 10 and Word 7 and Notepad for Dictation of video lecture notes. It listens...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I use Windows 10 and Word 7 and Notepad for Dictation of video lecture notes. It listens...: After I start the "Listening" with Windows key + "h", it starts the "Listening" horizontal bar at the top with the microphone icon on the left. I'm using Windows 10 so don't have any idea of Windows 11 does better dictation.But this one, it mostly does good dictation, but the...
  8. I use Windows 10 and Word 7 and Notepad for Dictation of video lecture notes. It listens...

I use Windows 10 and Word 7 and Notepad for Dictation of video lecture notes. It listens...: After I start the "Listening" with Windows key + "h", it starts the "Listening" horizontal bar at the top with the microphone icon on the left. I'm using Windows 10 so don't have any idea of Windows 11 does better dictation.But this one, it mostly does good dictation, but the...
  9. using touchpad and keyboard simultaneously

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    using touchpad and keyboard simultaneously: how using touchpad and keyboard simultaneously https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-touchpad-and-keyboard-simultaneously/464b3377-7604-4487-bed2-5ad76a62f627
  10. Using (2) Displays simultaneously

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using (2) Displays simultaneously: I have (2) Displays - One big monitor and One on my laptop. Is there a way to bring up an Excel Spreadsheet on one and a download from my online class on the other?...