Windows 10: Using Paint.net with SVG Files

Discus and support Using Paint.net with SVG Files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently began a program called "Doodly". It lets me create videos using drag-and-drop. It means I have to use "SVG" files. I've opted to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by eyore15, Feb 17, 2019.

1. eyore15 Win User

Using Paint.net with SVG Files

I recently began a program called "Doodly". It lets me create videos using drag-and-drop. It means I have to use "SVG" files. I've opted to use Paint.net with the SVG plugin.

How can I change the file association for SVG to Paint.net?

When I check file associations, SVG is associated with Edge. Every effort to change the association to Paint fails.

With the association set to Edge, the thumbnail of the SVG image is the Edge icon - not the actual image thumbnail. What I end up with is a series of files with identical image/icon. It's impossible to determine what specific image is/are available.

This is the icon displayed in SVG.

Using Paint.net with SVG Files 1e909a28-2257-4bdf-85f9-264ef2c05467?upload=true.jpg

This is the icon for the same file displayed as a JPG file [before conversion to SVG].

Using Paint.net with SVG Files 32cf9772-eb41-49cf-ba97-71f52f8ea586?upload=true.jpg

I need to be able to see the actual SVG image just as I can with the jpg file.

Any suggestion on how to achieve this goal is appreciated.

FYI, I am not tied to Paint.net . If there's a better option, I'm willing to change. My preference is to NOT go with a full-service program [i.e., Inkscape or Gimp] unless it is really necessary.

:)

eyore15, Feb 17, 2019

2. svg files

the svg are downloading to paint. that is not a chosen path it is just happening, I use cricut design space and the files will not upload and they should. what do I need to do?

JohnnieSavage, Feb 17, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    svg files

Hi Johnnie,

Right click an svg file, choose Open With - Choose Another App

At the bottom of the resulting menu, check the box marked, 'Always use this app to open .svg files'

Look for cricut in the list of apps, if it is there, choose that

If it is not there, scroll to the bottom and choose More Apps

If you still cannot find cricut, scroll to the bottom and choose 'Look for another App on this PC'

Locate the cricut program in either C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)

Then click OK

That will reset the file association on svg files . . .

DaveM121, Feb 17, 2019
  4. Using Paint.net with SVG Files

EPS to SVG files

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

It would be grateful if you can reply to this question in order to assist you further:

• What exactly do you mean by convert an EPS file to a SVG file for cutting in cricut machine?
    • Are you trying to convert file type for some documents in Windows 10?

Reply with the necessary information to help you troubleshoot the issue. I will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Feb 17, 2019
Thema:

Using Paint.net with SVG Files

1. Using Paint.net with SVG Files - Similar Threads - Using Paint net

2. Export files from Whiteboard to svg files.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Export files from Whiteboard to svg files.: Hello,Since the update of Microsoft Whiteboard, I'm not able to export my notes to svg. Is this function still available ? How can I use it ?Best regards....
  3. Can't save SVG file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't save SVG file: I have Silhoutte Studio Business edition. Since the latest update to Microsoft, when I try to save an SVG file it automatically saves the file as Microsoft Edge; which is useless. I've tried changing the default program that SVG are saved to Chrome but it still saves an MEdge...
  4. Can't save SVG file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't save SVG file: I have Silhoutte Studio Business edition. Since the latest update to Microsoft, when I try to save an SVG file it automatically saves the file as Microsoft Edge; which is useless. I've tried changing the default program that SVG are saved to Chrome but it still saves an MEdge...
  5. Can't save SVG file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. the svg are downloading to paint. that is not a chosen path it is just happening, I use...

the svg are downloading to paint. that is not a chosen path it is just happening, I use...: The svg are downloading to paint. that is not a chosen path it is just happening, I use Cricut design space and the files will not upload and they should. what do I need to do? And I have already tried changing the path and it will not give me any options to do so. Can...
  7. SVG file help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SVG file help: saving a file from silhouette studio as "SVG" opening up blank when i try to open in graphtec pro studio, any ideas?
  8. SVG downloaded files

SVG downloaded files: I want any svg files that I download to come in as IE files. This was working until I installed the latest Inkscape program. Now all svg files download as Inkscape. How do I fix this?...
  9. svg files

svg files: I want to know why all of a sudden my downloads for my cricut design space are converting to svg documents and not svg files!! and how can I convert what I downloaded already from svg documents to svg files for me to be able to use for my cricut design space....
  10. SVG Files in Windows 10

SVG Files in Windows 10: How can I make windows 10 display thumbnails for svg files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/svg-files-in-windows-10/38b2d505-47b6-4a8b-819b-d7e218c93024"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why can paint.net not open svg files