Windows 10: Using PC to open PDF files in Cellphone

Discus and support Using PC to open PDF files in Cellphone in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello. I was able to view and print PDF documents stored on my Android phone by connecting my cellphone to my Windows 7 PC via USB cable. I am... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Linda1976, Oct 26, 2019.

1. Linda1976 Win User

Using PC to open PDF files in Cellphone

Hello. I was able to view and print PDF documents stored on my Android phone by connecting my cellphone to my Windows 7 PC via USB cable.

I am unable to do that with my Windows 10 PC. When I try to view the document on my phone, the MSN.com site pops up.

Before I downloaded Adobe, PDF documents stored on my PC opened up using Edge.. but I was able to view the document.

But, I can't even view a PDF document stored on my cellphone, using my PC.

Anyone else ever have this problem? I sign want to to the "connect phone & pc". I want to be able nto use my phone as you would use a usb device.

in phone settings i have "use as media device MTP".

:)

Linda1976, Oct 26, 2019

2. Trouble Opening PDF's

Hi Parker,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. We will assist you in resolving the issue.

Before assisting further, I would like to ask you few questions:

• Does the issue persist in Edge browser?
    • Do you get similar error when you open the PDF file in Adobe reader?

Check if you are facing similar issue in Edge browser.

Step 1: Open PDF file in Adobe reader and check if you are facing similar issue.

To open PDF file directly from Adobe reader, follow the steps below:

• Open Adobe application and click on Edit.
    • Click on Preferences and select Internet.
    • Uncheck Display PDF in Browser option and check if you are able to open the PDF file without getting the error code.

Step 2: If you are able to open PDF file in Adobe reader, I suggest you to
    Turn off Internet Explorer,
    enable it again and check if the issue is resolved.

For further assistance, I suggest you to post your query in Adobe support forum.

https://forums.adobe.com/community/adobe_reader_forums

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 26, 2019
  3. microsoft print to pdf files will not open after saving

We suggest that you save the PDF files on your device and check if the issue persists. You may also want to associate the PDF files to Microsoft Edge as the default program to make sure that you have a default application that will open all of your PDF files.
    Here are the steps:

• Search for Default Programs.
    • Go to Associate a file type or protocol with a program.
    • Select the .pdf file type and then click the Change program button on the upper right of the
      Set Associations window.
    • Choose Microsoft Edge and then click OK.
    Let us know how it goes.

Jamille Nar, Oct 26, 2019
  4. Using PC to open PDF files in Cellphone

Cannot open PDF files

Hi Alice,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the information required to help you resolve the issue.

Before we proceed, I would like you to provide the information stated below:

• What happens when you open the pdf file?
    • Do you wish to open the file from the web browser or is it locally stored in your PC?

For now, I suggest that you download Adobe PDF Reader and check if you can read the pdf files that you wish. You can also right click and select Open with> Look for an app in the Store.

Your reply is very important to ensure a proper resolution. Please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Vanessa Sohtun, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Using PC to open PDF files in Cellphone

1. Using PC to open PDF files in Cellphone - Similar Threads - Using open PDF

2. File Manager not Opening PDF's

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File Manager not Opening PDF's: Wen looking for a file, I clicked on a PDF and in the Preview Screen, it says: File cannot be previewed because of an error in the PDF Preview Handler.Should I find another copy of File Manager and try that? Can I download one from MS?...
  3. Can't open PDF files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't open PDF files: After installing Win 10 updates today, I cannot open PDF files. When attempting to do so, I get the error message "Windows cannot find C:\users......pdf Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. I looked at the community - and see this is not new. But...
  4. pdf files opening

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pdf files opening: When I try to open my statement in pdf it want me to save it, but I just want to open it and read it. Is there anything I have to do in setting to be able to just read pdf files? Thank you....
  5. Unable to open PDF on PC

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to open PDF on PC: Unable to display a previous reconciliation statement due not having Adobe - does anyone else have a fix for this? ***Original title: Displaying previous Bank Reconciliation in QB 2019 - states I need PDF?***...
  6. PDF FILES NOT OPENING

PDF FILES NOT OPENING: HI, J HAVE WINDOWS10. PREVIOUSLY ALL WAS OK SINCE LAST 4 DAYS PDF FILES ARE NOT OPENING, IN ANY SOFTWARE IT IS OLY OPINING IN MICORSOFT ADGE ON DESKTOP OR IN SOFTWARE PDF FILES IS NOT OPEN I HAVE UNINSTALLED ACROBATE REDER DC AND REINSTALLED, PROBLEMS NOT SOLVE...
  7. Opening Zipped PDF Files using Windows 10

Opening Zipped PDF Files using Windows 10: I know the question has been asked, but I am helping a user. She zips 3 files one excel the other 2 are pdf. She zips the files and then to make sure they done she goes in and unzips the file and tries to open the 2 pdf and receives: "Windows cannot complete the extraction....
  8. Opening PDF files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Opening PDF files: Hi. I'm having trouble opening PDF files on my laptop, Windows 10. Once I click on the file, the toolbar shows a file named "Untitled". Instead of the file opening up, the toolbar starts to shake back and forth uncontrollably. My only option is to close down the whole...
  9. open pdf files using Edge

in Windows 10 Customization
    open pdf files using Edge: I cannot open a PDF online. I am using Win 10 and Adobe Acrobat 9. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/open-pdf-files-using-edge/c94f483d-1aba-4fca-acad-949ae4d5e628
  10. opening pdf file

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    opening pdf file: I am suddenly unable to open pdf files on my computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/opening-pdf-file/f2a05bcd-930c-4f64-818e-88f726258f03

Users found this page by searching for:

1. open pdf file