Windows 10: Using Photos for desktop wallpaper

Discus and support Using Photos for desktop wallpaper in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I had my background set to slideshow photos from a folder in "My Pictures". I noticed the other day the pictures were very grainy so, I was just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Boydn, Dec 20, 2019.

1. Boydn Win User

Using Photos for desktop wallpaper

I had my background set to slideshow photos from a folder in "My Pictures". I noticed the other day the pictures were very grainy so, I was just browsing that folder and noticed there are now what appear to be copies of the pictures named 256x256_fit_one_bestfit 2.jpg with photo increasing my one until it changes the resolution to 1024x768_bestfit 2.jpg, ect...

Why is it doing this and how do I stop it?

Thanks

:)

Boydn, Dec 20, 2019

2. Desktop wallpaper for new users

Hi Alaa,

Setting default users lets you specify the wallpaper on user's desktops and prevents other users from changing the image or its presentation. You can check these steps on how to set wallpapers from all users:

• Type run on the search bar and press Enter.
    • On the window, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
    • Locate and click Administrative Templates.
    • Select Desktop > Desktop > Desktop Wallpaper.
    • Tick Enabled, and name your wallpaper.
    • Select Apply and click OK.

After performing the steps above, you may restart your PC.

Let us know the outcome. We will be glad to assist you.

Justine Pel, Dec 20, 2019
  3. How to Personalize Desktop Wallpaper

Hi Kathie,

You can personalize your desktop wallpaper by simply following the steps below:

• Press Windows key + I to open settings.
    • Click Personalization.
    • Click Background.
    • Click Browse to open File Explorer.
    • Navigate the folder to choose a photo that you desired.
    • Click Choose picture to finish.
    The preview window gives you a sneak peek of what will your desktop looks like if you change your desktop wallpaper.

You can visit this
    link
    for more information on how you can personalize your computer.

Let us know if you need more assistance.

Johann Eva, Dec 20, 2019
  4. Using Photos for desktop wallpaper

My desktop photo just disappeared with this latest Windows update.

Hi,

Welcome to the Microsoft Community and thank you for posting your query.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• When you say ‘’desktop photo’’ do you refer to desktop wallpaper?

• Is the Windows is genuine?

• Is the desktop screen is black? If yes, do you see anything related to Windows activation on the bottom of right corner?
    For now I suggest you try changing the wall paper and check if this helps.

• Go to settings and click on Personalization.

• Now try choosing the wallpaper from the option Choose your picture.
    Hope this helps. Keep posting us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 20, 2019
Thema:

Using Photos for desktop wallpaper

1. Using Photos for desktop wallpaper - Similar Threads - Using Photos desktop

2. Can't delete a private photo that was used a wallpaper

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't delete a private photo that was used a wallpaper: Hi,I received from work a computer with Windows 10 OS. I used private photos as my wallpaper and now would like to delete them so the next person who uses the computer would not have these photos. I was able to delete the original photo I downloaded to the computer, but it...
  3. Can't delete a private photo that was used a wallpaper

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't delete a private photo that was used a wallpaper: Hi,I received from work a computer with Windows 10 OS. I used private photos as my wallpaper and now would like to delete them so the next person who uses the computer would not have these photos. I was able to delete the original photo I downloaded to the computer, but it...
  4. Can't delete a private photo that was used a wallpaper

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. wallpapers desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wallpapers desktop: How can I get information on the excellent, daily changing wallpapers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wallpapers-desktop/adc90286-fd3e-4463-b152-1f532eb8801f
  6. Use windows lock screen wallpapers as desktop wallpaper.

Use windows lock screen wallpapers as desktop wallpaper.: I want keep random wallpaper just like windows lock screen wallpaper that changes automatically. Is there any way or feature of windows 10 to keep random wallpapers that updates automatically?...
  7. Desktop Wallpaper

Desktop Wallpaper: My Windows 10 desktop background keeps changing despite me taking it off of slideshow mode. I used to have it on slide show going through a folder but I decided to change it to one picture recently. Now it keeps changing and going through a slideshow even if I chose a picture...
  8. photo to be used for wallpaper

photo to be used for wallpaper: I have uploaded my photos to computer and would like to display them as my wall paper, where is that option to set that up? tx B https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/photo-to-be-used-for-wallpaper/9cbf4ac2-b69b-4bbe-ab37-e8529d10aa76
  9. Desktop Wallpaper

Desktop Wallpaper: Hello, I am trying to make a picture that has a resolution of 1920x1080 my desktop wallpaper, my monitors resolution is also 1920x1080 but it is extremely blurry when I set it as my background. The only way I can get it to not be blurry is if I set it to tile or center, but...
  10. Desktop Wallpapers

Desktop Wallpapers: Where is the option from 7 & 8.1 to "Change Picture Every" and "Shuffle". Am I missing something? Thanks for all help. 16319