Windows 10: Using Photos' Trim changes the FPS of the original

Discus and support Using Photos' Trim changes the FPS of the original in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Greetings, I used 'open with -- Photos' to trim a video recorded at 60/59.92 FPS. The trimmed product is reduced to 30 FPS. Is there any way to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CalvaryZender, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Using Photos' Trim changes the FPS of the original

Greetings,

I used 'open with -- Photos' to trim a video recorded at 60/59.92 FPS.
    The trimmed product is reduced to 30 FPS.

Is there any way to retain the original FPS but use Photos to trim it?

Thank you.

:)

CalvaryZender, Sep 26, 2018
  2. Marine967 Win User

Video trimming capped at 30 fps

Whenever i try to trim a video using Photos, the trimmed one is always capped at 30fps even though the original is 60fps. Is there anyway to increase the cap to 60fps or remove it altogether?

Marine967, Sep 26, 2018
  3. tobicalvi Win User
    Able to trim but unable to save the edits in Photo App

Original Title: Photo App

I am trying to trim a video in the Photo App Windows 10. Able to trim but unable to save the edits. Would appreciate any and all guidance.

tobicalvi, Sep 26, 2018
  4. Martmcd Win User

Using Photos' Trim changes the FPS of the original

trim video

in the photos app, drag the white circle from the left side to trim off the beginning of the video, you should see the video change as you do it.

Drag the white circle from the right side to trim off the ending.

it will not allow you to trim the video to less than 1 second

you can play the video at any time to see what remains after trimming.

when you are happy with the result click save a copy in the top right of the screen or right click anywhere and select save a copy, it will be saved in the original location with trim added to the filename.

Martmcd, Sep 26, 2018
Thema:

Using Photos' Trim changes the FPS of the original

1. Using Photos' Trim changes the FPS of the original - Similar Threads - Using Photos' Trim

2. Windows Photos Trimming not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Photos Trimming not working: I recently made some updates to my PC hardware so I decided to reinstall my windows 10Before that, I was using the trimming option on the photos APP just fine, it was working perfectly with no problemsAfter reinstalling my windows at the start it was also working fine but I...
  3. Windows Photos Trimming not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Photos Trimming not working: I recently made some updates to my PC hardware so I decided to reinstall my windows 10Before that, I was using the trimming option on the photos APP just fine, it was working perfectly with no problemsAfter reinstalling my windows at the start it was also working fine but I...
  4. Trim FPS in Photos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trim FPS in Photos: Hello,I like using photos to trim my videos, however, it always trims to 30 FPS. Are you kidding me?Is there a way to change it to 60? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trim-fps-in-photos/a520d3b6-4cc2-498d-a1c7-a79bccd56ec2
  5. Trim FPS in Photos

Trim FPS in Photos: Hello,I like using photos to trim my videos, however, it always trims to 30 FPS. Are you kidding me?Is there a way to change it to 60? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trim-fps-in-photos/a520d3b6-4cc2-498d-a1c7-a79bccd56ec2
  6. Trim Videos in Photos

Trim Videos in Photos: Can I trim a video clip in an assembly of video clips, and trim it by one frame? I cannot seem to be able to advance a video by one frame at a time. Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/trim-videos-in-photos/1e1840da-1c14-4020-b08a-af8211f6870c
  7. I have problems trimming videos using photos.

I have problems trimming videos using photos.: I can trim the video and save it but while saving the file I can do nothing on my computer. If I even move the cursor the saving stops and it never finishes. I have to cancel it and again trim it. And also it takes about 12 to 15 minutes to save a 40 minutes video. I cannot...
  8. Trimming videos using Photos App...

Trimming videos using Photos App...: Re: Trimming videos using the Photos App Any ideas why, when I trim an .mp4 created using Xbox game bar, that the resulting .mp4 is an exponentially smaller file? E.g. I cut 5 mins off a 2 hour video and the file size went from 2mb to .65mb? I personally don't notice...
  9. Precisely trim in photos app

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Precisely trim in photos app: I am trying to edit a video in the photos app. I would like to know if there is a way to precisely trim it down to a specific frame. It always just reverts to the nearest start of a second in the video. If not does anyone know where I can go to do this? Thanks....
  10. Video trimming capped at 30 fps

Video trimming capped at 30 fps: Whenever i try to trim a video using Photos, the trimmed one is always capped at 30fps even though the original is 60fps. Is there anyway to increase the cap to 60fps or remove it altogether?...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft photos 60 fps

2. App to trim clips in 60fps

3. trim clips in 60 fps turns 30 fps

4. how to keep your fps when trimming clips in photos