Windows 10: Using Product Key for re-installation

Discus and support Using Product Key for re-installation in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I own a great lenovo T400 notebook. Trustworthy, with a battery still at 70% capacity. Solid. Whatever.My problem: Of course I have the genuine product... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by udippel, Mar 3, 2023.

1. udippel Win User

Using Product Key for re-installation

I own a great lenovo T400 notebook. Trustworthy, with a battery still at 70% capacity. Solid. Whatever.My problem: Of course I have the genuine product key from lenovo for XP. During the years I upgraded to W7 and W10. Perfect. Recently the hard drive passed away. I put I new one. But now, I seem to be unable to reinstall W10 with that old key. I tried XP, in order to follow the previous upgrade path. Alas, to no avail. Maybe I'm wrong, but I don't see why a hard disk replacement should deprive me of using this system due to product key trouble. I used to have a functional one, upgraded, and s

:)

udippel, Mar 3, 2023

2. Activate windows 10 after re-installing (I have lost my product key)

I own a Lenovo T430 laptop. In 2017, I installed Windows 10 using my original Windows 7 product key. Unfortunately, I cannot find that product key anymore. I need to re-install windows 10. Will it be automatically activated after the installation, if I skip the step of asking the product key during the installation?

In my opinion, I believe that my laptop will have a digital entitlement stored on the Microsoft Activation Servers and this will not be a problem. Is that true?

If not, please suggest me a solution or a workaround.

Kushan Randima, Mar 3, 2023
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Mar 3, 2023
  4. tengeezer Win User

Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Cheers, will check it out.

tengeezer, Mar 3, 2023
Thema:

1. Using Product Key for re-installation - Similar Threads - Using Product Key

2. Windows 10 product key not found after re-installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 product key not found after re-installation: Hi. I purchased a second-hand assembled desktop PC from a private seller. The PC was shipped via national postal service so I did not have a chance to check it beforehand and when it arrived I realized that the seller did not perform factory reset; the PC was also...
  3. Using Product Key for re-installation

Using Product Key for re-installation: I own a great lenovo T400 notebook. Trustworthy, with a battery still at 70% capacity. Solid. Whatever.My problem: Of course I have the genuine product key from lenovo for XP. During the years I upgraded to W7 and W10. Perfect. Recently the hard drive passed away. I put I new...
  4. Using Product Key for re-installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Product Key for re-installation: I own a great lenovo T400 notebook. Trustworthy, with a battery still at 70% capacity. Solid. Whatever.My problem: Of course I have the genuine product key from lenovo for XP. During the years I upgraded to W7 and W10. Perfect. Recently the hard drive passed away. I put I new...
  5. Product Key can be re-used?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product Key can be re-used?: I've recently purchased a Nokia PureBook S14 Laptop. Windows-11 Home came pre-installed in it. After activating the windows, I can see product-key in my system. My question is, if in future, I need to change the laptop or move to a desktop or need to change any hardware of my...
  6. Product Key can be re-used?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product Key can be re-used?: I've recently purchased a Nokia PureBook S14 Laptop. Windows-11 Home came pre-installed in it. After activating the windows, I can see product-key in my system. My question is, if in future, I need to change the laptop or move to a desktop or need to change any hardware of my...
  7. Windows 10 installation Re: asking for product key during installation

Windows 10 installation Re: asking for product key during installation: I need to replace my hard disk. during installtion, it keep asking for the product key. I do not have the product key. My previous installation was through the digital key, which was verified during the installation. Kindly help. Paul Cheuk....
  8. Product key re-use

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Product key re-use: I want to use my current product key which is from a laptop I bought from a store, and move it on to a new custom built pc, will the old laptop stop working because I want to give it to a family member...
  9. Re-installing Office with a product key after factory reset.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-installing Office with a product key after factory reset.: Hi all, i have a 28GB hard drive and i can't download anything because i've used up all but 400MB of my C drive, thing is i have nothing on there and it shows that Microsoft takes 21GB while AVG takes up 6GB with 128 thousand files on my computer between them. i'd like to...
  10. Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?: I have an activated version of Windows 10 (obtained through the Insider program last year). My machine is beginning to get a bit slow, so would like to do a re-install. Now, since I don't have a traditional DVD box with the product key, how would I go about...