Windows 10: Using product key on the wrong account

Discus and support Using product key on the wrong account in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, My company just bought me a 1 year subscription of an Office 365 license and I ended up using it for the wrong account. Is there a way to transfer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by LadeOdunsi, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Using product key on the wrong account

Hi,

My company just bought me a 1 year subscription of an Office 365 license and I ended up using it for the wrong account. Is there a way to transfer it to the right account or unredeem it. While trying to set it up, I created an account as I was confused as to go about it and now it seems I am an admin with a different Microsoft account from the company one I am supposed to use the product key for.

I hope you understand me.

:)

LadeOdunsi, Apr 27, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 27, 2020
  3. AndreTen Win User
    Where is my Product Key if I want to re-install?

Like davidhk said. But if you really want to see your windows key, I would suggest Belarc advisor. It will give you some useful information about your system, product keys of your software is among them (not only Microsoft, you will have listed most of your keys).

AndreTen, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Using product key on the wrong account

Product key

Hi Megan,

A product key is used when activating a software.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps that can resolve your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions:

• What product are you trying to activate?
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Office application?
    • Which version of Office are you trying to activate? To check this, you can perform the steps posted on this
      link.
    • Are you looking for the product key to activate your Windows?

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Using product key on the wrong account

1. Using product key on the wrong account - Similar Threads - Using product key

2. Product key is wrong

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Product key is wrong: I'd like to add the extra features to 8.1 but I need a product key and I apparently don't have the right one. Windows IS activated and I tried several times to enter the key but it won't allow me to because it starts with two 0's....and I recall trying to type the key in for...
  3. Product key is wrong

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Product key is wrong: I'd like to add the extra features to 8.1 but I need a product key and I apparently don't have the right one. Windows IS activated and I tried several times to enter the key but it won't allow me to because it starts with two 0's....maybe it's two O's darn it I didn't think...
  4. Use product key with a different account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Use product key with a different account: Hello,I need to reinstall Windows 10 on my computer and was wondering if I could take this chance to change which Microsoft account is associated to my product key. It is currently linked to an old Hotmail account that I don't really use anymore, and would like to use my...
  5. Use product key with a different account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use product key with a different account: Hello,I need to reinstall Windows 10 on my computer and was wondering if I could take this chance to change which Microsoft account is associated to my product key. It is currently linked to an old Hotmail account that I don't really use anymore, and would like to use my...
  6. Use product key with a different account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Control keys using wrong key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Control keys using wrong key: I used the Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator 1.4 to create a keyboard layout. This layout has English set a the language and uses QWERTY. Pressing the Y key enters a y on the PC, but when I press Controll+Y it treats it as Control+Z and pressing Controll+Z is treated as...
  8. wrong product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    wrong product key: laptop has downloaded windows pro but product key is windows home. site will let me go from hoe to pro but not pro to home. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-product-key/ad245d17-ad23-4250-8af0-51599ffa135d
  9. Find Windows 10 Product Key Using Notepad always give me wrong product key

in Windows 10 Customization
    Find Windows 10 Product Key Using Notepad always give me wrong product key: I followed https://official-kmspico.com/windows-10-product-key and Find Windows 10 Product Key Using Notepad I copied the code to a text file: Set WshShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell") MsgBox ConvertToKey(WshShell.RegRead("HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows...
  10. wrong product key

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    wrong product key: i have entered wrong win 10 key in my genuine activated win 10 home laptop how to get back my genuine key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wrong-product-key/db646134-1023-4abe-ba18-e6c75563cb14"

Users found this page by searching for:

1. wrong acc sign in windows activation