Windows 10: using ps2 controller with steam games

Discus and support using ps2 controller with steam games in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi guys, I need some help here. I want to use my PS2 Controller on my PC to play Tomb Raider on Steam. I have the PS2 controller, a USB adapter,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by billt4g, May 30, 2017.

1. billt4g Win User

using ps2 controller with steam games

Hi guys,

I need some help here. I want to use my PS2 Controller on my PC to play Tomb Raider on Steam.
    I have the PS2 controller, a USB adapter, and have downloaded the x360ce controller emulator.

I need Step by Step help from this point on.

Bill.*Huh

:)

billt4g, May 30, 2017
  2. drjackool Win User

XBOX Game issue

Hi

I installed Gears of War 4 on my PC and I connected a PS2 game controller but the game dies not detect the controller! Also in the video clips posted on XBOX live from mentioned game i see the player moves quickly and faster in the game than me! Cat be this
    for I using the keyboard as controller? if i connect a XBOX One S controller can solve the issue?

Note: My PC specification is enough to run the game at high details and support recommended system requirements.

drjackool, May 30, 2017
  3. Surfero29 Win User
    xbox one controller crash

Ok so i just updated my xbox controllers using the xbox accessories app. I tried plugging the thing in and pc still crashed. Playing ac4 on steam

If ur telling me that yoi downgraded ur nvidia driver to previous version and are still getting the glitch we cant say its nvidias uodate since i removed geforce experience and u downgraded driver.

I tried plugging and unplugging without any gamong program oppened. Pc doesnt crash.

I tried playing an origin game with the controller

When i closed bf4 and unplugged the controller no problem at all.

I launched ac4 again that game opens both uplay and steam. I close the game unplug controller pc crashes.

Atthis point i am thinking it could be steam or uplay so i try other games. Tales from borderlands as stated before gets me lots of lag with controller on. Withought controller no lag.

Bug batcher everything smooth

I am starting to suspect steam. Maybe they want to make us buy a steam controller lol

Ten without oppening any games i open uplay. Unplug the controllerwithout having oppened any game and booom pc crashes.

Are you and ur cousin playing a ubisoft game?

I think i got my hand on it

Surfero29, May 30, 2017
  4. badrobot Win User

The question is if PS2 controllers are supported. At the least I think it should be DS3s.
    Google up "motionjoy for DS2" if you can still find one.

badrobot, May 30, 2017
Thema:

1. using ps2 controller with steam games - Similar Threads - using ps2 controller

2. Hdd parking when use xbox360 controller in Steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hdd parking when use xbox360 controller in Steam: Hello . After installing Windows 11 when using xbox360 controller in Steam after pressing any button on controller my d: hdd parking and start acceleration, in task manager showing 100% use when no read/write data on any process. After 1-5 min it works normal untill button on...
  3. Hdd parking when use xbox360 controller in Steam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hdd parking when use xbox360 controller in Steam: Hello . After installing Windows 11 when using xbox360 controller in Steam after pressing any button on controller my d: hdd parking and start acceleration, in task manager showing 100% use when no read/write data on any process. After 1-5 min it works normal untill button on...
  4. PS1/PS2 controller adapter not working on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PS1/PS2 controller adapter not working on Windows 11: Hello. I recently purchased a PS1 controller, and am trying to use a PS1/PS2 controller adapter to connect it to my PC. My PC runs Windows 11, and it is not being read as a controller by my PC. I was wondering if there is something I am doing wrong or something I can do to...
  5. Mouse invisible when using controller "steam desktop configuration"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse invisible when using controller "steam desktop configuration": I use my controller as mouse sometimes. But I noticed mouse pointer is being invisible when no any mouse hardware connected. I wanna save my Bluetooth mouse battery so I just want my controller to be connected as mouse. It seems like windows automatically disappearing my...
  6. I cant download games using steam

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant download games using steam: Hi recently i tried downloading game with steam and it doesnt work cause it something is making it crash every time i tryi found this error report The program steam.exe version 7.15.2.67 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the...
  7. I cant download games using steam

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant download games using steam: Hi recently i tried downloading game with steam and it doesnt work cause it something is making it crash every time i tryi found this error report The program steam.exe version 7.15.2.67 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the...
  8. Third Party PS2 controller detected by Windows but not working with games.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Third Party PS2 controller detected by Windows but not working with games.: Hello I bought a cheap third party ps2 usb controller to play games on win 10 pc. I plug it in windows detects it able to calibrate it but for some reason my games and apps will not respond to controller. If any ideal to what is going on it would help....
  9. Steam detecting my Pro Controller as two controllers while using Betterjoyforcemu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Steam detecting my Pro Controller as two controllers while using Betterjoyforcemu: Screenshot: https://i.imgur.com/fBmBK1W.png I'm trying to use my Switch Pro Controller on Steam as a Xbox 360 controller using BetterjoyforCemu, but Steam detects two controllers instead, when it's actually 1 controller. It detects the actual controller, the Switch Pro...
  10. Windows 10 Build 10074 not recognizing controller in Steam games?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Build 10074 not recognizing controller in Steam games?: Hey everyone, My boyfriend and I both just upgraded today to build 10074 and my Surface has had no issues. On the other hand, my boyfriend's gaming PC seems to not recognize the Xbox One controller when playing games. On the Steam "Big Picture Mode," he can use the...