Windows 10: using Quicken 2017 receiving message "unable to open source file" when trying to backup files

Discus and support using Quicken 2017 receiving message "unable to open source file" when trying to backup files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; using Quicken 2017 receiving message "unable to open source file" when trying to backup files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeorgeMoxley, Sep 14, 2018.

1. GeorgeMoxley Win User

using Quicken 2017 receiving message "unable to open source file" when trying to backup files

using Quicken 2017 receiving message "unable to open source file" when trying to backup files

:)

GeorgeMoxley, Sep 14, 2018
  2. Linda Clark 294 Win User

Unable to open my Quicken 2017 file. I have received no message of anything being wrong.

Unable to open my Quicken 2017 file. I have received no message telling me anything is wrong.

Linda Clark 294, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Andre Da Costa Win User
    Andre Da Costa, Sep 14, 2018
  4. Rajeshwari_Patil Win User

Cant open quicken files

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• What the exact error message you are getting?

Please be informed that Quicken 2002 might not be compatible with Windows 10.

I suggest you to install that program in compatibility mode and check.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the program in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the program from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the program setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer.

If the issue persists I suggest you to contact the Quicken support for further help.

http://quicken-support.com/

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

1. using Quicken 2017 receiving message "unable to open source file" when trying to backup files - Similar Threads - using Quicken 2017

2. Can not open my quicken backup, WHY?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can not open my quicken backup, WHY?: I can not open my quicken backup. It just shows some messed up letters, WHY? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-winapps-appscat_tools/can-not-open-my-quicken-backup-why/6c2ed08a-d539-43b8-89ac-c1de9d052490
  3. 'unable to write to file' when using scanner

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    'unable to write to file' when using scanner: Help Please! I have been using a V300 Epson Photo scanner, but since getting a new computer with Windows 10, it won't allow me to write to a file after scanning. It gives an 'unable to write to file' message. I have already uninstalled & re-installed software & drivers &...
  4. Error when trying to open an image file in windows 10.

in Windows 10 Support
    Error when trying to open an image file in windows 10.: Hello, so all of the sudden whenever I try to open an image file i get the following error message: C:\Users"my username"\Desktop"file's name" File system error (-2147219196) . Does anyone have any idea how to fix this? Regards. 114392
  5. Backup using File History

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Backup using File History: Does File History (Libraries) Backups utilize the time schedule I created for Automatic Backups? 62035
  6. Size of backup file using Windows Backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Size of backup file using Windows Backup: I have an HP a6547c desktop that has gone from Vista to Windows 8.1 and finally to Windows 10. Attached is a Western Digital 1TB external hard drive that was wiped clean. I started the Windows Backup program (worried at first when it said Backup Win 7) and after a number of...
  7. Unable to open .bat file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open .bat file: As the title says - I'm unable to open .bat files and it's driving me absolutely nuts*Dinesh Previously I had Windows 7 and all was well until I upgraded. I miss using .bat files so much that if I can't solve this I will seriously consider going back to Windows 7 as I have a...
  8. Unable to open TWAIN source

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to open TWAIN source: CanoScan LiDE60 yes its old but you can still buy them new. Its been working well on my new Dell XPS8700 running Windows 10 for over 6 months. Suddenly I get "Unable to open TWAIN source Please check connection Then re-start Toolbox" Unplugging and plugging the connection the...
  9. Disk full error message when trying to save a file

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Disk full error message when trying to save a file: Hi, I have the following error message when I try to save a (any) file: [img] According to File Explorer, I have 463 GB HD and 173 GB is free. The disk management has the following information: [img] Please help me find out what eats up my HD. Thank you. 69854
  10. DISM source files could not be found: Trying to repair system files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    DISM source files could not be found: Trying to repair system files: Hi Team Ten! I have been having random blue screens, generally around memory_management. I ran memtest86 (not plus) for multiple passes, which first gave errors. Then running individual sticks in multiple slots it had no errors.I haven't run Prime95 yet, but will shortly....