Windows 10: using Quicken 2017 receiving message "unable to open source file" when trying to backup files

Discus and support using Quicken 2017 receiving message "unable to open source file" when trying to backup files in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; using Quicken 2017 receiving message "unable to open source file" when trying to backup files... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GeorgeMoxley, Sep 14, 2018.

1. using Quicken 2017 receiving message "unable to open source file" when trying to backup files

using Quicken 2017 receiving message "unable to open source file" when trying to backup files

:)

GeorgeMoxley, Sep 14, 2018

2. Unable to open my Quicken 2017 file. I have received no message of anything being wrong.

Unable to open my Quicken 2017 file. I have received no message telling me anything is wrong.

Linda Clark 294, Sep 14, 2018
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 14, 2018
  4. using Quicken 2017 receiving message "unable to open source file" when trying to backup files

Cant open quicken files

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

• What the exact error message you are getting?

Please be informed that Quicken 2002 might not be compatible with Windows 10.

I suggest you to install that program in compatibility mode and check.

Compatibility mode runs the program using settings from a previous version of Windows.

Follow these steps to install the program in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

a. Download the program from the manufacturer’s website.

b. Right-click on the program setup file and click on
    ‘properties’.

c. Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box
    ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed with the installation. Once this is done, restart the computer.

If the issue persists I suggest you to contact the Quicken support for further help.

http://quicken-support.com/

Hope this information helps you. Kindly post back with the updated issue for further assistance.

Thank you.

Rajeshwari_Patil, Sep 14, 2018
Thema:

using Quicken 2017 receiving message "unable to open source file" when trying to backup files

1. using Quicken 2017 receiving message "unable to open source file" when trying to backup files - Similar Threads - using Quicken 2017

2. error message 0x8007017F when trying to open onedrive file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    error message 0x8007017F when trying to open onedrive file: i have a video, mp4, i am trying to import into my video editing software and i keep getting the error code along with " an unexpected error is keeping you from copying the file. if you continue to receive this error, you can use the error code search for help with this...
  3. Error message when trying to open saved files or apps

Error message when trying to open saved files or apps: This file does not have an app associated with it for opening this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed , create an association in the Default Apps Settings Page. It doesn't matter whether it's a PDF, a Word or Excel file...
  4. error message when try to open zipped file

error message when try to open zipped file: How do I open a zipped file -I have a password to enter not sure how/where? please advise... when I try to open the zipped file -- why do I get error message below. windows cannot complete the extraction , the destination file could not be created-error how do I...
  5. BSOD while using Quicken 2017

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while using Quicken 2017: Got a BSOD while working in Quicken 2017 . Description The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000c2 0x000000000000000d, 0xffff82856a30ebc0, 0x00000000ffff8285, 0x9044f8f00870e2d8. A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\020920-18312-01.dmp....
  6. Received an interesting message when starting backup

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Received an interesting message when starting backup: Got a new-to-me HP Reconditioned laptop on Monday and started my first backup on Tuesday and got this message. Never saw anything like it on any computer I have backed up. I'm hoping some of you experts can give me some help. I'm still doing backups every morning but don't...
  7. Unable to backup files

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to backup files: After removing the folders I was trying to back up I can not add new folders. I click on 'Add folders' and it gives me options in C or E drive. I choose one eg. E:\Users\documents and it attempts to add the folder but the backup folder list remains blank. ***Modified...
  8. In using Backup Files in Windows 10 I received this message: "Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In using Backup Files in Windows 10 I received this message: "Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2...: In using Backup Files in Windows 10 I received this message: "Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002))." How do I get these pictures files to copy (along with all the other files that did copy)? Thanks for your reply....
  9. In using Backup Files in Windows 10 I received this message: "Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    In using Backup Files in Windows 10 I received this message: "Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2...: In using Backup Files in Windows 10 I received this message: "Error:(STATUS_WAIT_2 (0x80070002))." How do I get these pictures files to copy (along with all the other files that did copy)? Thanks for your reply....
  10. quicken files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    quicken files: My 2015 quicken backup file will not open. What do i use to open it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/quicken-files/a8e66b75-a86b-41f0-b29f-0daf026b560b

Users found this page by searching for:

1. unable to open selected file quicken 2017

2. unable to open selected file in quicken

3. quicken error cannot open source file

4. quicken will not backup cannot open source file,
  5. quicken 2017 cannot open source file,
  6. quicken backup unable to open source file,
  7. quicken 2017 wont open file to backup,
  8. quicken backup says unable to open source file,
  9. quicken 2017 unable to open source file