Windows 10: Using RDP on two monitors... resizes when moved to one monitor

Discus and support Using RDP on two monitors... resizes when moved to one monitor in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have two monitors and use RDP. Everything works perfectly when maximized and used on two monitors. However, when I "move" my RDP session to one local... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FFC10831, Sep 29, 2018.

1. FFC10831 Win User

Using RDP on two monitors... resizes when moved to one monitor

I have two monitors and use RDP. Everything works perfectly when maximized and used on two monitors. However, when I "move" my RDP session to one local monitor, the RDP resizes and squeezes the two RDP monitors onto one local monitor.... it should just slide over and keep the same RDP size.

It worked perfectly until I hit some hot button and changed the settings... don't know what I did or how to restore.

:)

FFC10831, Sep 29, 2018
  2. GerardF Win User

RDP session opens on wrong monitor

I also have a similar issue with RDP: I have a link that starts an RDP session full screen. In Windows 8.1 it remembered the monitor on which it openned (I have two monitors), on Windows 10, it always opens on the main monitor and I have to move it to the
    second monitor.

GerardF, Sep 29, 2018
  3. PtSernz Win User
    Windows 10 Pro RDP Multi-Monitor Access

I have a Windows 10 Pro computer (Computer 1) running two monitors that operates correctly.

I would like to RDP from a Windows 10 Home laptop computer (Computer 2) into Computer 1 so that I can switch between the two monitors on Computer 1.

I've established the RDP session on Computer 2 with the box "Use all my monitors for the remote session" ticked. I'm not sure how you switch between monitors on Computer 1 but moving the mouse across the screen doesn't switch.

Either I'm not holding my mouth correctly or this is a limitation imposed because Computer 2 is running Windows 10 Home.

Can someone comment before I invest in an upgrade of Computer 2.

Thanks much.

Peter

PtSernz, Sep 29, 2018
  4. Using RDP on two monitors... resizes when moved to one monitor

Trouble with 2 monitors

Hi Tim,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to change the settings to Extended Monitor and check if it helps.

Please follow below steps:

• Right Click any ware of the Desktop, and launch Personalization.
    • Go to dual monitor settings under personalization, and change it Extended Monitor.
    Please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Sep 29, 2018
Thema:

Using RDP on two monitors... resizes when moved to one monitor

1. Using RDP on two monitors... resizes when moved to one monitor - Similar Threads - Using RDP monitors

2. Using Two Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Using Two Monitors: [img] I want to add a second monitor and I'm wondering, do they have to be the same size? I have one monitor that is roughly 13" by 22", and the other is 13" by 17". Thanks for the help Carl 177807
  3. DisplayPort Monitors and Windows Resizing/Moving

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    DisplayPort Monitors and Windows Resizing/Moving: I built a new setup using a 38" LG ultrawide and a 27" LG in portrait both connected with DisplayPort to a RTX 3070 FE. Every time the monitors turn off or the PC goes into sleep, when waking my windows resize and move monitors. I've tried every "fix" I can find online and...
  4. Win10 RDP one monitor to two remote monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10 RDP one monitor to two remote monitors: I am using WIn10 Pro RDP on my client and remote machine. My client is a Dell E6530-PC 64-bit laptop and has one screen/monitor. My remote machine is a Dell Opti7050 64-bit machine and has 3 screens/monitors. On my client machine screen I can Alt+Tab between all remote...
  5. Windows Moving to One Monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows Moving to One Monitor: Hi all, I posted here a few months ago I believe about the same issue. I set my monitors to turn off after a while of my computer not receiving any input. Whenever I do anything to turn it back on, all my windows go from my second monitor to my main. I was wondering if there...
  6. using two monitors

using two monitors: When I move a excel sheet from monitor to monitor it doesn't bring the whole sheet across It only brings a tab over that I have to click on to maximize the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-two-monitors/905c5df3-158a-4fa7-b277-8127b41d872d
  7. Running one monitor two machines

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Running one monitor two machines: I am wonder ng what one can use if ever someone wanted to use two machines with one monitor is there a switch type hub that can take the input from either machine one or machine two and display the output on one monitor keeping in mind there is only one keyboard and one...
  8. Problem moving the cursor between monitors after replacing one of two monitors.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Problem moving the cursor between monitors after replacing one of two monitors.: After replacing one of two monitors, the cursor wouldn't move correctly between monitors. One of the other threads on this topic was helpful, but it took me awhile to fully understand the suggested solution. Below is what I did to fix my problem. If you have the same...
  9. Moving cursor between two monitors

Moving cursor between two monitors: I have a monitor connected to my lap top in order to have two screens available. Cannot figure out how to move the cursor from one screen to the other....
  10. BSOD when using two monitors

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when using two monitors: Hello all, I am facing issue as I am using two monitor at same time to extend the screen. I didn't have this Issue before, but I am not exactly sure what caused this issue. I am assuming windows 10, because I don't recall having this sort of problem in previous windows....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 RDP to 2 monitors from 2 monitors

2. switch between rdp multi mon and maximized on one monitor

3. windows 10 rdp resizes when moved