Windows 10: Using Remote Desktop Client in secure folder

Discus and support Using Remote Desktop Client in secure folder in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Remote Desktop Client is working on my Galaxy Note 10+ 5G. However, whenever i try to use it within my secure folder it says either my password or ID... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TRU B3LI3V3R, Sep 12, 2019.

1. Using Remote Desktop Client in secure folder

Remote Desktop Client is working on my Galaxy Note 10+ 5G. However, whenever i try to use it within my secure folder it says either my password or ID is incorrect. Any fixes for this?

:)

TRU B3LI3V3R, Sep 12, 2019

2. Windows 10 - Remote Desktop

Hi,

We will surely assist you with the issue you are facing with Windows 10.
    - Which version of Windows 10 Operating System are you using?

- Were you able to upgrade to Windows 10 successfully?

I suggest you to refer the below steps and see if this helps.

• Enable remote desktop in settings
      • Control Panel\System and Security\System, Click "Remote Settings" on the left side

• Verify my port forwarding settings were properly forwarding to my computers local IP address
      • run "cmd.exe" and then type "ipconfig". Find your IP from that list
    [*]
    • Make sure your firewall settings are open
    • Go to "Control Panel\System and Security\Windows Firewall\Allowed apps"
    • On the left, click "Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall"
    • Click "Change Settings"
    • Find "Remote Desktop" in the list and make sure both "Private" and "Public" is checked.

Let us know if this helps.

Thank you.

Credits to : Jace_Sango.

Akheel Ahmed, Sep 12, 2019
  3. Remote Desktop

Yep. No doubt. That will work; however, firewall on or off on the Home Edition will make no difference if you are trying to connect to it via straight remote desktop as it does not have the feature necessary to accept an unattended incoming remote desktop
    service connection.

The Windows __ Home Editions have always had the CLIENT portion of the Remote Desktop Services.

START --> RUN --> type in:

MSTSC

... Click OK.

That is the Remote Desktop Client. All Windows OSes have that.

Just not all Windows OS editions have the HOST/SERVER part - the part that allows one, with the remote system unattended, to remotely connect like you were sitting in front of it. The "Home" (and "starter / RT, etc. - other lower editions) editions are practically
    the ONLY editions of Windows that fall in this category (and always have.)

Android and MacOS have downloadable (official) Microsoft Remote Desktop Clients available so you can remote into your business/professional/server level Microsoft systems (unattended systems that is - again, remote assistance is allowed even on "Home" editions)...

Again, sorry... but there are many free third party alternatives.

Shenan Stanley, Sep 12, 2019
  4. Using Remote Desktop Client in secure folder

remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 12, 2019
Thema:

Using Remote Desktop Client in secure folder

1. Using Remote Desktop Client in secure folder - Similar Threads - Using Remote Desktop

2. Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT: Hi There, I would like to access my computer1 running OS windows10 from another computer2 by using the Remote Desktop WEB Client.PC1 - OS win 10 <-------------------RD web client FIREFOX - PC2 Do you guys know if it's possible on windows 10 ?Does any one have a detailled...
  3. Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT: Hi There, I would like to access my computer1 running OS windows10 from another computer2 by using the Remote Desktop WEB Client.PC1 - OS win 10 <-------------------RD web client FIREFOX - PC2 Do you guys know if it's possible on windows 10 ?Does any one have a detailled...
  4. Remote Desktop WEB CLIENT

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Remote Desktop/Windows Desktop VDI Client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop/Windows Desktop VDI Client: Hello,Could you please provide me with the answers to the following questions regarding Remote Desktop/Windows Desktop VDI Client?What is the latest version of the application? When was the release date for the latest version of this application? When was the release date for...
  6. Bug with Remote Desktop Client

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bug with Remote Desktop Client: Hi, I have been trying to trace a bug that has been happening within our organisation for the last month or so. Users started reporting that when they login to RDP sessions internal or external if they are required to enter there credentials the MSTSC client just sits and...
  7. Bug with Remote Desktop Client

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bug with Remote Desktop Client: Hi, I have been trying to trace a bug that has been happening within our organisation for the last month or so. Users started reporting that when they login to RDP sessions internal or external if they are required to enter there credentials the MSTSC client just sits and...
  8. Bug with Remote Desktop Client

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Multi-monitor remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?: So here's the skinny. I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work, and I want to remote in with multi-monitor support. Notes: - I am remoting in from a Windows 10 Home computer into a...
  10. Dual Screen remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Dual Screen remote in using Remote Desktop Connection client with a VPN?: So here's the skinny. I'm working remotely on the weekends using a VPN through a third-party client right now. It makes me use one monitor to work, and I want to remote in with multi-monitor support. Notes: - I am remoting in from a Windows 10 Home computer into a...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft way redmondhow to use alarms in windows 10

2. way redmondhow to use alarms in windows 10 laptop closed