Windows 10: Using Remote Desktop with Microsoft Account

Discus and support Using Remote Desktop with Microsoft Account in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, I am trying to connect to my computer via RDP and my Microsoft account but it showing an error regarding my password is not correct. I changed my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/davoodansari, Dec 31, 2020.

1. Using Remote Desktop with Microsoft Account

Hi,

I am trying to connect to my computer via RDP and my Microsoft account but it showing an error regarding my password is not correct. I changed my password on my Microsoft account but still getting same error message.

my Microsoft account already added as RDP user.

also, I can RDP to that computer with a local account.

any solution?

submitted by /u/davoodansari
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/davoodansari, Dec 31, 2020

2. remote desktop

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please help me with the below details to understand your issue in a better way:

1. Are you using the Microsoft remote desktop app?

If you are using the Microsoft remote desktop app downloaded from
    Microsoft store then, I suggest you to follow the steps to
    fix problems with apps from Microsoft Store

If the issue still persists with the Microsoft remote desktop app, then you can contact the support team by going to the

link
    and scrolling down to the bottom and clicking on
    Microsoft remote desktop support under the Publisher info.

However, if you are using the Remote desktop connection, which comes pre-installed with Windows 10, then I suggest you to please post your question in the
    TechNet forum.

Hope it helps.

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Dec 31, 2020
  3. Remote Desktop

Okay guys need some help here before going crazy...
    I am trying to setup a remote desktop connection and see exactly what the logged on user is looking at with out going through Windows Remote Desktop.

Since its local network I don't have any password or want to setup a password.

Any suggestions are appreciated

kikicoco1334, Dec 31, 2020
  4. Geethu B Win User

Using Remote Desktop with Microsoft Account

Trying to access previously made remote desktop account.

Hi Susan,

I will surely help you.

To understand the issue better, I would need more information from your end.

• Are you facing issues while trying to User Account or Remote Desktop session?
    • Do you get any error messages? If yes, what is the exact error message?

If you are facing issues with connecting to Remote Desktop, I suggest you to post the query in TechNet Forums. Because issues related to Remote Desktop are supported in that Forum.

Technet forums - Windows 10 Virtualization

Hope this information helps.

Thank you.

Geethu B, Dec 31, 2020
Thema:

Using Remote Desktop with Microsoft Account

1. Using Remote Desktop with Microsoft Account - Similar Threads - Using Remote Desktop

2. Unable to use Remote Desktop with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to use Remote Desktop with Microsoft Account: I have a Desktop PC running Windows 11.I have a Laptop PC running Windows 11.Both of these machines are signed in using my Microsoft account.Neither device can remote desktop to the other using the Microsoft account.WHY, IN THE YEAR 2023, CANNOT I REMOTE TO MY WONDPWS 11...
  3. Unable to use Remote Desktop with Microsoft Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to use Remote Desktop with Microsoft Account: I have a Desktop PC running Windows 11.I have a Laptop PC running Windows 11.Both of these machines are signed in using my Microsoft account.Neither device can remote desktop to the other using the Microsoft account.WHY, IN THE YEAR 2023, CANNOT I REMOTE TO MY WONDPWS 11...
  4. Remote Desktop with Microsoft account passwordless

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop with Microsoft account passwordless: I can't make the Remote Desktop works with my Microsoft account. It seems it does not work with Accounts that have passwordless option ON. Could you please confirm this information?...
  5. Remote Desktop with Microsoft account passwordless

Remote Desktop with Microsoft account passwordless: I can't make the Remote Desktop works with my Microsoft account. It seems it does not work with Accounts that have passwordless option ON. Could you please confirm this information?...
  6. Remote Desktop with Microsoft Passwordless Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop with Microsoft Passwordless Account: Hello, I got a question about MS Passwordless account. I've had it for couple of months and now that I need to use RD, it makes it impossible. I've had problems with MS Accounts and RD, but it was fine refreshing the local password with:runas /u:MicrosoftAccount\*** Email...
  7. Remote Desktop with Microsoft Passwordless Account

Remote Desktop with Microsoft Passwordless Account: Hello, I got a question about MS Passwordless account. I've had it for couple of months and now that I need to use RD, it makes it impossible. I've had problems with MS Accounts and RD, but it was fine refreshing the local password with:runas /u:MicrosoftAccount\*** Email...
  8. Remote desktop not working with microsoft account

Remote desktop not working with microsoft account: I have my Win 10 desktop set up with a Microsoft account, and would like to access the desktop with remote desktop, more specifically the RD Client app on android made by Microsoft. I have not been able to get the app to work with a Microsoft account however. Whenever I try...
  9. Remote desktop not working with microsoft account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remote desktop not working with microsoft account: I have my Win 10 desktop set up with a Microsoft account, and would like to access the desktop with remote desktop, more specifically the RD Client app on android made by Microsoft. I have not been able to get the app to work with a Microsoft account however. Whenever I try...
  10. Adding Desktop to Microsoft Account remotely.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adding Desktop to Microsoft Account remotely.: I gave a Dell Inspiron 8347 to my nephew. I removed it from my Microsoft Account. I would like to put it back on there. Is that possible without logging into the desktop. The desktop is locked and I have to send him a recovery CD. I would like to add it remotely....