Windows 10: Using "removing file properties" does not remove them.

Discus and support Using "removing file properties" does not remove them. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello, Before updating to the 1083 build If I right clicked and removed image file properties, it would create a copy with just the size and pixel... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Texez, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Texez Win User

Using "removing file properties" does not remove them.

Hello,

Before updating to the 1083 build If I right clicked and removed image file properties, it would create a copy with just the size and pixel amount. Now when I attempt to remove properties, there is a copy created with my desktop info and file directory location still in the properties. This happens with .PNG files created with the Snip tool.

Is this a known thing, an error, or something simple I'm missing?

Prior builds would remove this information.

Thanks for the help

:)

Texez, Nov 18, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 18, 2018
  3. w0000992 Win User
    How do you remove the properties of a file?

What do you mean by "Disable the Preview pane"? I changed from thumbnail view to list view, but com surrogate is still the app that starts when I select file properties.

Note: we're trying to remove attributes, not delete the file.

w0000992, Nov 18, 2018
  4. Using "removing file properties" does not remove them.

You need permission to perform this action when removing file properties.

Hi.

There are numerous reasons why this issue happens. For us to better understand your issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• When you tried to remove file properties on a non-.mkv and non-.avi files, what are the results? It is better if you'll be sending to us a screenshot.
    • Which error message have you encountered? Kindly send to us a screenshot too.
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

We look forward for your response.

Janeane Cru, Nov 18, 2018
Thema:

Using "removing file properties" does not remove them.

1. Using "removing file properties" does not remove them. - Similar Threads - Using removing file

2. Remove file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove file: Recently I received TEC Assistance via telephone. Allowed TEC to logon to my PC and my problem was resolved. Later I noticed a NRnR.exe on my desktop. What is this file and why is needed? How to delete it if not needed. Any and all assistance will be appreciated. Billy...
  3. Accidentally Removed Files from Downloads folder using Windows File Removal app

Accidentally Removed Files from Downloads folder using Windows File Removal app: I accidentally removed the files in the Downloads folder using the Windows 10 app (NOT manually deleting the folder in File Explorer). The info was vague to me and I thought it was going to delete temporarily downloaded files. There are very important files in the Download...
  4. file removal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    file removal: how do I stop the 'McAfee process Validation service? I do not run their software and want to remove it. McAfee says they need remote access to my computer before they can remove this service, I will not grant anyone remote access....
  5. How to remove NETWORK PROPERTIES ?

How to remove NETWORK PROPERTIES ?: Under Settings > Network & Internet > View your network properties there are some details of some previously connected network... one of the example is bellow Name: Local Area Connection* 21 Description: Microsoft Wi-Fi Direct Virtual Adapter #12 Physical address (MAC):...
  6. Recent Items: How to remove them?

in Windows 10 Support
    Recent Items: How to remove them?: Hi all, I've got some sensitive personal material on my PC that are in .DOC files. I just wanted to know how I can remove this "Recent items" feature so that my .DOC files do not appear. Thank you for any help! 74255
  7. 1511 - Can no longer remove video file properties

in Windows 10 Support
    1511 - Can no longer remove video file properties: As per title. Since the 1511 update I can't remove file properties from any video file. It always says that the file is open in Windows Explorer... *really 32615
  8. Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10: How to: Add, Change, and Remove File Property Details in Windows 10 [img] Information The properties of some files (ex: music, images, videos, etc...) can contain details (metadata) that tell a lot about the file and possibly personal information. While property details...
  9. Remove Security tab in Files and Folders Properties in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Remove Security tab in Files and Folders Properties in Windows 10: How to: Remove Security tab in Files and Folders Properties in Windows 10 How to Remove Security tab from Drives, Files, and Folders Properties in Windows 10 [img] Information You can right click or press and hold on a drive, file, and folder in Windows, and click/tap...
  10. Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Details tab in File Properties in Windows 10 [img] Information You can right click or press and hold on a drive, file, and folder in Windows, and click/tap on Properties to see...