Windows 10: Using Reset PC to reinstall Windows

Discus and support Using Reset PC to reinstall Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Going forward I intend to use Reset PC. Ive used it before but its been a while. The tutorial on here shows that Reset PC now has a new cloud download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sportsfan148, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Using Reset PC to reinstall Windows

Going forward I intend to use Reset PC. Ive used it before but its been a while. The tutorial on here shows that Reset PC now has a new cloud download option which wasn't available then. I always used to use Reset PC and it just did a local reinstall. I selected Remove Everything and it just clean installed Windows 10 from existing Windows files.
    What are the pro's and cons of using Reset PC with this new cloud download option?
    It seems to me that the cloud download option would take a lot longer (For example, In my case when Ive clean installed using the Media Creation Tool USB method, just the download itself takes 2 hrs and 30 mins because my internet is quite slow). Im thinking that a clean installation would still be the end result whether I was to use Reset PC with the local install method or the new cloud download option. Is my thinking correct?
    How exactly does Reset PC work nowadays using the local reinstall method? Lets say, for example, you originally clean installed Windows 10 using a USB flash drive with version 1709 and have added feature updates ever since when they became available right up to today's version 1909. Would a Reset PC performed today install version 1709 to begin with or do your existing Windows files get updated along with each subsequent feature update that gets installed while using your PC over time so version 1909 would get installed as this was the current working version running on the PC?

:)

sportsfan148, Dec 9, 2019

2. UNABLE TO REINSTALL OR RESET THE PC

Hi Abijeet,

When troubleshooting, answering these few basic questions can help isolate the issue:

• May we know why you reset your PC?
    • Are you on an Insider build?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • When do you get the error message?
    • Are you able to go to the desktop before getting the error message?
    • Have you tested running your Windows on Safe Mode?

To start your PC in Safe Mode, follow the simple steps in this link.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Jezhel Uga, Dec 9, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 9, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Using Reset PC to reinstall Windows

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Using Reset PC to reinstall Windows

1. Using Reset PC to reinstall Windows - Similar Threads - Using Reset reinstall

2. Unable to download please try Reset this pc using the local reinstall option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to download please try Reset this pc using the local reinstall option: Unable to download please try Reset this pc using the local reinstall option https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-download-please-try-reset-this-pc-using/bbfce3f2-f2f9-4930-ade7-401d635648e4
  3. PC keeps resetting it’s reinstall progress??

in Windows 10 Customization
    PC keeps resetting it’s reinstall progress??: HELP????????? I’VE BEEN ON THIS PROBLEM FOR SO LONG JUST FOR MICROSOFT TO MAKE IT WORST!!!!MY FIRST PROBLEM WAS THAT MICROSOFT DENIED ACCESS TO MY PC FOR SOME REASON??? “SET UP MY PIN” DOESNT SHOW ANYTHING!!!!!! I CONTACTED A SUPPORT AGENT TO FIX MY PROBLEM. BUT IT MADE IT...
  4. PC keeps resetting it’s reinstall progress??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC keeps resetting it’s reinstall progress??: HELP????????? I’VE BEEN ON THIS PROBLEM FOR SO LONG JUST FOR MICROSOFT TO MAKE IT WORST!!!!MY FIRST PROBLEM WAS THAT MICROSOFT DENIED ACCESS TO MY PC FOR SOME REASON??? “SET UP MY PIN” DOESNT SHOW ANYTHING!!!!!! I CONTACTED A SUPPORT AGENT TO FIX MY PROBLEM. BUT IT MADE IT...
  5. PC keeps resetting it’s reinstall progress??

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Reset my pc reinstalled PRO!

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Reset my pc reinstalled PRO!: I have just bought a new laptop which can with Home (key bios embedded). I upgraded to Pro, and messed around but did something dumb (don't ask) and I decided to reset my pc from cloud option. Imagine my surprise, that it reverted to factory state including all the Asus stuff...
  7. need to reinstall windows 10 after pc reset

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    need to reinstall windows 10 after pc reset: cannot reinstall free version of windows !0 as this was a free upgrade from microsoft how do i reinstate windows 10. Did a reset of my pc and this got rid of windows....
  8. Can't reinstall using cloud download option when reset a pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't reinstall using cloud download option when reset a pc: I've try so many way to test my pc health performance to see what is the problem causing the issue when reset the pc using cloud download. Whenever I use cloud download, it say unable to download. Please try again using local reinstall option. If anyone know how to fix this...
  9. Can't update windows, reinstall drivers, reset pc

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update windows, reinstall drivers, reset pc: Hi, i've been having problems with updating windows, reinstalling drivers and resetting my pc. i get the error code 0x800703f1 when i try to update, i get there was a problem with resetting your pc when resetting, and i get the system cannot find the file specified or the...
  10. Cannot reinstall windows or reset pc.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot reinstall windows or reset pc.: Whenever i try to reinstall windows with the windows media tool, or reset using the built in system, it always encountered an error and starts to undo the changes made. how can i fix this so i can reset my pc? Edit: Specs- gtx 1070ti core i7 7700k 32gb corsair vengeance ram...