Windows 10: Using Reset PC to reinstall Windows

Discus and support Using Reset PC to reinstall Windows in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Going forward I intend to use Reset PC. Ive used it before but its been a while. The tutorial on here shows that Reset PC now has a new cloud download... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by sportsfan148, Dec 9, 2019.

1. Using Reset PC to reinstall Windows

Going forward I intend to use Reset PC. Ive used it before but its been a while. The tutorial on here shows that Reset PC now has a new cloud download option which wasn't available then. I always used to use Reset PC and it just did a local reinstall. I selected Remove Everything and it just clean installed Windows 10 from existing Windows files.
    What are the pro's and cons of using Reset PC with this new cloud download option?
    It seems to me that the cloud download option would take a lot longer (For example, In my case when Ive clean installed using the Media Creation Tool USB method, just the download itself takes 2 hrs and 30 mins because my internet is quite slow). Im thinking that a clean installation would still be the end result whether I was to use Reset PC with the local install method or the new cloud download option. Is my thinking correct?
    How exactly does Reset PC work nowadays using the local reinstall method? Lets say, for example, you originally clean installed Windows 10 using a USB flash drive with version 1709 and have added feature updates ever since when they became available right up to today's version 1909. Would a Reset PC performed today install version 1709 to begin with or do your existing Windows files get updated along with each subsequent feature update that gets installed while using your PC over time so version 1909 would get installed as this was the current working version running on the PC?

:)

sportsfan148, Dec 9, 2019

2. UNABLE TO REINSTALL OR RESET THE PC

Hi Abijeet,

When troubleshooting, answering these few basic questions can help isolate the issue:

• May we know why you reset your PC?
    • Are you on an Insider build?
    • What other troubleshooting steps have you done?
    • When do you get the error message?
    • Are you able to go to the desktop before getting the error message?
    • Have you tested running your Windows on Safe Mode?

To start your PC in Safe Mode, follow the simple steps in this link.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Jezhel Uga, Dec 9, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    How to factory reset Cisco 1700 Router

Hopefully I can help you here....its a very common thing to happen.

First, I take it you dont know the passwords for console access or telnet/ssh?

I will assume that these devices belong to you.

step 1. Plug a cisco console cable into a serial port on your pc
    step 2. Plug other end into Cisco console port
    step 3. Using hyperterm or putty or similar connect to the serial port
    step 4. boot router, and make sure you clearly can see the output (this confirms you have good serial comms)
    step 5. if this fails, adjust the comm port settings (9600, 8,1,n are the default)
    step 6. now you have to do the only hard part...send the break command:

Break command list: Break Commands

Go down the list and match your OS and SW and try the sequence suggested.

If this fails several times do what I do: Install putty (free) and then to send a break so you can get into rommom just hit "ctrl-a b".

IggSter, Dec 9, 2019
  4. P4-630 Win User

Using Reset PC to reinstall Windows

How to reset Windwos 8 Password?

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/what-do-forget-windows-password#1TC=windows-8

• If you've forgotten your Windows password, there are several ways to retrieve or reset it:
      • If your PC is on a domain, your system administrator must reset your password.
      • If you're using a Microsoft account, you can reset your password online. ...
      • If you're using a local account, use your password hint as a reminder.

P4-630, Dec 9, 2019
Thema:

Using Reset PC to reinstall Windows

1. Using Reset PC to reinstall Windows - Similar Threads - Using Reset reinstall

2. reset computer/reinstall Onedrive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    reset computer/reinstall Onedrive: I want to reset my computer but I cant. My setting screen will not respond and I have no D drive to download games from a disk. I did not get a recovery disk when I purchased my computer. I also get a message that OneDrive is not found. Please help!...
  3. Optimize Windows 10 PC reset using the cloud

in Windows 10 News
    Optimize Windows 10 PC reset using the cloud: EDITOR’S NOTE: I am publishing this article on behalf of Aaron Lower. Aaron is a Program Manager on the Core OS and Intelligent Edge (COSINE) Fundamentals team at Microsoft. His team focuses on the underlying technologies and platforms that are used to install and reinstall...
  4. resetting and reinstalling windows 10

resetting and reinstalling windows 10: Ok i am about to reset my pc as gaming performance is bad my bios is UEFI . Question is should delete secure boot keys in bios or load defaults after deletion before reinstalling windows thanks 140119
  5. Windwos 10 reinstall and reset

Windwos 10 reinstall and reset: I recently ugraded my dell laptop to Windows 10 by downloading from microsoft website. I was having a genuine copy of Windows 8.1. My laptop was runnig slow. So I decided to reset and reinstall windows 10. Do I need the windows product key to do it? And if I am not havimg it...
  6. Reset PC or or use Start Afresh option?

Reset PC or or use Start Afresh option?: Hi, I have a Dell PC but I clean installed with the Media Creation Tool a long time ago so theres no Dell bloatware etc. Ive used Reset PC in the past. Is there any difference between using Reset PC and the Start Afresh option where... if Im understanding correctly... the...
  7. Reset or reinstall Windows 10

Reset or reinstall Windows 10: I wonder if reinstalling Windows Using the Rcovery system, I will have the same copy of the one I had previously installed on my computer or I have to get a new one. Because when I clean a virus, the virus leave damage to the system....
  8. Can I reset 'System32 and SysWow64' by using 'Reset This Pc'?

Can I reset 'System32 and SysWow64' by using 'Reset This Pc'?: hi , I just wonder if I use ( Settings -> Update&Security ->Recovery -> Reset This Pc ) can I reset the System32 and Syswow64? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-i-reset-system32-and-syswow64-by-using-reset/1c724768-e1f2-4b12-a9ae-02b294c316ac
  9. Windows 10 will not recover, reset, or reinstall

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 will not recover, reset, or reinstall: I have a Surface Book with 16G of memory, I7, and over half of the memory drive available. Last week I tried to recover my computer that simply said "There is a problem that prevents recovery". Nothing has changed. I tried a reset and even a clean install. Nothing is...
  10. Windows 10 Reset; Norton's will Not Reinstall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows 10 Reset; Norton's will Not Reinstall: One of our eMachine (AMD Chip) PC’s, Windows 10 will notinstall Norton’s Security after I reset Windows. I follow prompts then an error pops, with gotechnical support. It says to reload,the Downloader starts then the programs loads and runs, and then just disappearsafter...