Windows 10: Using Resource Hacker to modify Veracrypt to check the "display password" box by default -...

Discus and support Using Resource Hacker to modify Veracrypt to check the "display password" box by default -... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; There is no option within the program to check this box by default. I'd like to modify the .exe file to check it by default. Any idea what I should... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Andrewx3n, Nov 13, 2018.

1. Andrewx3n Win User

Using Resource Hacker to modify Veracrypt to check the "display password" box by default -...

There is no option within the program to check this box by default. I'd like to modify the .exe file to check it by default.

Any idea what I should change to get that effect?

Using Resource Hacker to modify Veracrypt to check the "display password" box by default -... d619c43b-defd-4c15-8884-b8afce7e37ab?upload=true.png

Using Resource Hacker to modify Veracrypt to check the "display password" box by default -... bbe97272-a4aa-44f1-bf5d-8ae0bd740781?upload=true.png

:)

Andrewx3n, Nov 13, 2018

2. Bitlocker enabled itself after VeraCrypt reboot

Hi, I installed veracrypt on my desktop this morning running windows 10. Everything went perfectly. I then tried installing VeraCrypt on a microsoft surface pro 3 running windows 8.1. After the initial VeraCrypt reboot, I entered my VeraCrypt password
    (which was successful) and then it took me to a bitlocker recovery screen.

I've never touched bitlocker, specifically because I don't trust it. This was the whole reason I installed VeraCrypt. Since I didn't enable it I obviously don't have the recovery key, and after checking my microsoft account, I don't have any recovery keys
    listed there either.

I was able to remove the VeraCrypt Prompt (after booting the USB that cointained the EFI folder) because VeraCrypt hadn't actually encrypted the drive yet, it was a simple restart to test the password prompt. For whatever reason, this enabled BitLocker
    and I'm pretty sure I'm completely screwed. No system restore points visible, can't boot into safe mode, no advanced recovery options working.

really_screwed, Nov 13, 2018
  3. Cheap Photo box that will get the job done

WEll i took on this project for PP hes a hardware reviewer and wants to get the professional looking pics for the Pc parts

Materials:
    • Big cardboard box
    • a razor
    • white material 3 yards
    • cone lights
    • stapler
    • medical tape
    • pvc pipe about 6 inches longer than your box
    • white paint any cheap finger paint would work
    the project I'm guessing will cost me $30 if it works out properly
    I will post pictures and step by step as i do it

MomentoMoir, Nov 13, 2018
  4. Using Resource Hacker to modify Veracrypt to check the "display password" box by default -...

Arrow disappered at the end of a password box

Hi Bruner,

Thank you for being a part of Windows 10.

I would like to know, whether you have any other user account?

Try the following steps and check if it helps:

Step 1:

Try to enter your password and press Enter key from the Keyboard.

If the issue persists then follow the below step.

Step 2:

I suggest you to restart you system and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps:

• Press and hold the Shift key from the Keyboard and click on
      Power
      button.
    • Click on Restart and check if the issue persists.
    If the issue persists then follow the below step.

Step 3:

If you have any other user account then, I suggest you to click on your other user account which will be listed at the bottom left corner on the lock screen.

Hope the above information helps. Reply with necessary information and the result to help you further.

Thank you.

Harshavardhan Rathod, Nov 13, 2018
Thema:

Using Resource Hacker to modify Veracrypt to check the "display password" box by default -...

1. Using Resource Hacker to modify Veracrypt to check the "display password" box by default -... - Similar Threads - Using Resource Hacker

2. Veracrypt

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Veracrypt: Hello, Long time no see I have installed Veracrypt for some time ago! but now it keeps dismounting the drive i have encrypted and i have the following settings: but it keeps dismounting 179135
  3. veracrypt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    veracrypt: I am trying to build a 2+TB container on a 5TB USB 7200RPM hard drive using a dell 5584 with a IntelR CoreTM i5-8265U CPU @ 1.60GHz. It wants to take more than 4 days. Mostly this appears through the task manager to be that it is writing less than 0.8MB per sec, and often...
  4. Password box is displayed on startup

in Windows 10 Customization
    Password box is displayed on startup: My desktop computer recently installed Windows version 2004 automatically. Since then the startup behavior has changed. When I start up, it now displays the password box. It used to start up and display the lock screen image. To display the password box, I pressed the space...
  5. Check your resources usage

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Check your resources usage: Between, NOW, using Edge Dev as DWB with Sleeping tabs AND 20H2, I suggest both are contributing to the significantly less resource use showing. Less or lower than before these 2 things. Anyone else with the same conditions notice this Cheers, Drew [ATTACH]...
  6. default browser been used in mail box

default browser been used in mail box: Good day How can I change the browser that my windows 10 mailbox uses to open links? it keeps using explorerwhich I hate I want to change it to edge or firefox. Note that my default browser on my windows is already set on edge. Explorer doesn't open some of the links I...
  7. [Question] Trying to use “netplwiz” but the check box is missing to turn off password. How...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    [Question] Trying to use “netplwiz” but the check box is missing to turn off password. How...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/howmanymeninthenorth [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/gzu1l9/question_trying_to_use_netplwiz_but_the_check_box/
  8. Use external display by default

Use external display by default: I'm using a Lenovo laptop with an external wired monitor. Every time I shut down the laptop, I need to go to Settings < Display and select Display 2 on the laptop display. Is there a way to make the external monitor the default one when I turn the laptop on?...
  9. Computer not displaying password box

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Computer not displaying password box: I turned on my windows 10 desktop computer and I was sent to the lock screen as per usual, when i pressed space to bring me to the password screen the box to input the password was not there at all, the 3 buttons in the bottom right are there but not the password box what do...
  10. How to replace tray icons? Resource Hacker?

How to replace tray icons? Resource Hacker?: I know how to use Resource Hacker to add/replace/remove normal .exe icons, but there is one .exe that I minimize to tray and by itself it contains no resources for icons or images and YET somehow produces a low resolution ugly icon in tray. I went ahead and just added a...