Windows 10: Using restore media on other device.

Discus and support Using restore media on other device. in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 laptop which turn on, I couldn't boot up from the USB and now I don't have power the battery wasn't charging?. Can I take the Disk... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by PATurmel, Aug 11, 2020.

1. PATurmel Win User

Using restore media on other device.

I have a Windows 10 laptop which turn on, I couldn't boot up from the USB and now I don't have power the battery wasn't charging?.

Can I take the Disk Drive out and put it in another laptop so I can run the recovery media from there?

:)

PATurmel, Aug 11, 2020
  2. Law-II Win User

Windows Media Center Live TV Help

Hi

go here - Hauppauge | Page Not Found select "Windows Media Center install" tab

look at - Setting up your TV tuner in Windows 7 Media Center - select download (will open a pdf with screen by screen instructions)
    "Download
    Here is a screen by screen view of the setup of Windows Media Center. It was based on the WinTV-HVR-1600, but the setup with other WinTV-HVR products will be similar."

Follow the guide stage by stage

let the TPU community know at what "step" Media Center gets stuck at Example: step 1, step 2

nb: It may be to do with your zip code and or post code not being entered

In regard to your DVD Rom drive - go to -control panel/device manager/DVD/CD-ROM drives -make a note of the make and model number Example: Pioneer DVD-RW DVR-215D ATA Device - highlight the device you have installed -press right mouse button-select properties-details-property and select Install Date from the drop down list and let us know this.

atb (all the best)

Law-II

Law-II, Aug 11, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Restore USB device

Thank you for the update. We suggest running the Hardware and devices troubleshooter to help you with your issue. To do that, follow the steps below:

• Type Troubleshoot in the Cortana search box then press
      Enter.
    • On the pop-up window, select Hardware and Devices.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter and see if it will resolve your concern.

Keep us updated with the result.

John Fer, Aug 11, 2020
  4. topgundcp Win User

Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Using restore media on other device. [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, Aug 11, 2020
Thema:

1. Using restore media on other device. - Similar Threads - Using restore media

2. Screen corruption after using with other device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screen corruption after using with other device: My laptop is visually corrupted beyond use and I'm unable to factory re set it due to being told I need to delete files, but I can't see anything on my computer well enough to delete stuff so idk what to do...
  3. Screen corruption after using with other device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screen corruption after using with other device: My laptop is visually corrupted beyond use and I'm unable to factory re set it due to being told I need to delete files, but I can't see anything on my computer well enough to delete stuff so idk what to do...
  4. Screen corruption after using with other device

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Media playback slower than on other devices

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Media playback slower than on other devices: Media on my device has a slower playback rate than on other devices as well as a stopwatch. It's just over a second slower per minute. One minute on the stopwatch is >58 and <59 on the playback. It hasn't always been like this but I'm unsure when it started. Affected playback...
  6. Media playback slower than on other devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media playback slower than on other devices: Media on my device has a slower playback rate than on other devices as well as a stopwatch. It's just over a second slower per minute. One minute on the stopwatch is >58 and <59 on the playback. It hasn't always been like this but I'm unsure when it started. Affected playback...
  7. Media playback slower than on other devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unknown Media & Other Devices?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unknown Media & Other Devices?: Hi.I just did a clean install. Downloaded the ISO file from Microsoft official page. https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/software-download/windows10I noticed there's 2 unknown media devices and something in Other Devices which has no name.Is this normal?...
  9. restoring other devices to device manager tab

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    restoring other devices to device manager tab: I accidentally removed an unknown device from device manager. now other devices is gone. How do I get it back? In other words how do I get other devices tab back inbetween network adaptors and portable devices in the device manager tab so I can instal the drivers in the...
  10. In Settings, Devices under Other devices there are 60+ Genie Media Servers that are not...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    In Settings, Devices under Other devices there are 60+ Genie Media Servers that are not...: How do I get rid of these without having to remove them one by one? Desktop, Core i3, 3.30GHz, Local built. Version 1809, Build 17763.292 Release Preview...