Windows 10: Using Restore Point Only Listed in Command Prompt

Discus and support Using Restore Point Only Listed in Command Prompt in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Good Evening, I am using Windows Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.746). I've read through the tutorials on how to access and perform System Restores.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by BriGuy832, Feb 7, 2021.

1. BriGuy832 Win User

Using Restore Point Only Listed in Command Prompt

Good Evening,

I am using Windows Version 20H2 (OS Build 19042.746).

I've read through the tutorials on how to access and perform System Restores. However, I am having an issue selecting the Restore Point that is desired. It does not appear on the Restore program in Windows, but can be seen in the list within the Command Prompt. The specific one I need to use was manually created prior to doing some driver updates (1/19 7:51pm), and the only ones available are after the driver updates were performed (1/21 10:12pm).

Is it possible somehow to select this restore point through the Command Prompt, or possibly making the Windows program recognize these earlier Restore Points?

Using Restore Point Only Listed in Command Prompt [​IMG]

Thank you!

:)

BriGuy832, Feb 7, 2021
  2. Ctrl-Z Win User

Windows 10 Restore Point creation error 0x800423F4 and possible workarounds

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

• Close the command prompt and restart the PC and check if it works.
    Please post back with the information asked and the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thanks to all who contributed to this post.

I encountered this problem after installing the Windows 10 Creators Update.

After deleting all previous restore points on my system and making sure the VSS service was enabled, I followed the above recommendations and successfully created a restore point.

None of the scans indicated the presence of a problem so I suggest that you NOT give up if your sfc and dism scans come back clean.

Ctrl-Z, Feb 7, 2021
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    Create restore point does not stop

Hi Nigel,

Restore points are usually saved in
    Local Disk (C), kindly check that the Local Disk (CUsing Restore Point Only Listed in Command Prompt :) (System) is
    selected when creating a restore point. If it is correctly selected and the issue still persists, kindly go to the
    Local Group Policy Editor
    and check if the
    "Turn off Configuration"
    and
    "Turn off System Restore State"
    is set to
    Not configured. To do this, press
    Windows key + R, type
    GPEdit.msc
    and hit
    Enter. Go to the location
    Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > System Restore and check if both state is set to "Not configure".
    If it is set to the correct state, perform these troubleshooting:

Check Disk:

To do this, follow these steps:

• Access
      Command
      Prompt as
      Administrator.

• Type
      chkdsk /f /r
      and hit
      Enter.

Run SFC Scan: 

To run an
    SFC scan, follow these steps
    (Kindly perform it 3 times):

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type
      sfc /scannow
      and hit
      Enter.   

Run DISM Tool: 

To perform
    DISM, follow these steps:

• Run
      Command Prompt as Administrator.  

• Type the following command:  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /scanhealth  

• DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth  

NOTE:
    This might take a while to finish scanning.
    Do not cancel (after running DISM, run SFC again 3 times).

If the issue persists, kindly provide us the screenshot of the return message so that we can investigate this matter
    further.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Feb 7, 2021
  4. cwtech Win User

command prompt will not open in safe mode with command prompt

Would I just follow the same steps within safe mode after hooking up to the other system?

cwtech, Feb 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Using Restore Point Only Listed in Command Prompt - Similar Threads - Using Restore Point

2. how to zip and unzip using command prompt only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to zip and unzip using command prompt only: hi there,i am trying to zip 5 photos, using cmd command prompt.the prompt i am using is: tar -a -c -f compressed.zip *jpgand this works perfectly fine as all the files are getting zipped in a folder called compressed.zipbut the issue is all files are getting compressed in one...
  3. how to zip and unzip using command prompt only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to zip and unzip using command prompt only: hi there,i am trying to zip 5 photos, using cmd command prompt.the prompt i am using is: tar -a -c -f compressed.zip *jpgand this works perfectly fine as all the files are getting zipped in a folder called compressed.zipbut the issue is all files are getting compressed in one...
  4. How to create a Restore Point using Command Prompt or PowerShell in Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to create a Restore Point using Command Prompt or PowerShell in Windows 10: [ATTACH]The regular pathway for creating a restore point in Windows 10 is via the System Protection tab from the System Properties window. In this post, we will guide […] This article How to create a Restore Point using Command Prompt or PowerShell in Windows 10 first...
  5. How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt: In a link it suggested several registry troubleshooting steps for a Windows with black screen. For Windows 10 1909 how do you backup and restore one registry change using a windows 10 iso command prompt? If more than one registry entry is modified how do you backup and...
  6. How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt

in Windows 10 Support
    How to backup and restore registry using only win10 iso command prompt: In a link it suggested several registry troubleshooting steps for a Windows with black screen. For Windows 10 1909 how do you backup and restore one registry change using a windows 10 iso command prompt? If more than one registry entry is modified how do you backup and...
  7. Create a File List at a Command Prompt

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Create a File List at a Command Prompt: From the directions on the support page: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/196158/how-to-create-a-text-file-list-of-the-contents-of-a-folder dir > filename.txt doesn't work for me in Windows 10. I get the error "There is not enough space on this disk." Even though...
  8. How to restore using windows.old using command prompt

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How to restore using windows.old using command prompt: After the last win 10 update in october 2018 my Asus Laptop (with 32gig eMMC ) crashed and it will only boot to the Bios . I had to format the C: partition. The X: partition has the operating system ( I guess) I managed to get the command prompt I see the windows.old backup...
  9. Using Restore Points

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Using Restore Points: found this: v [img] Still confused about restore point. Found this, says it's off. Shouldn't I click 'configure' to set this up to be able to set some 'restore points' now and then? If things got cranky, fix it up easily "...by reverting your computer to a previous restore...
  10. Command for Command Prompt restoring missing file

in Windows 10 Customization
    Command for Command Prompt restoring missing file: Hey i saw your post about how you can boot into Command Prompt and push to restore the file, do you have that command still??...