Windows 10: Using Rufus to create installation USB

Discus and support Using Rufus to create installation USB in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been having ridiculous amounts of trouble getting the Media Install tool (whatever its called) from Microsoft to create an USB Installer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Iahon, Apr 17, 2019.

1. Iahon Win User

Using Rufus to create installation USB

Hi all,

I've been having ridiculous amounts of trouble getting the Media Install tool (whatever its called) from Microsoft to create an USB Installer for windows - I'm done with it, don't want to use it. I've heard there's a program called Rufus, from here: https://rufus.ie . Is this a safe application to use?

Thanks!

:)

Iahon, Apr 17, 2019
  2. sinlog Win User

Partitions created by rufus

I downloaded the windows 10 install iso and I used rufus to copy it to a usb stick. I then installed the OS. Four partitions were created in my hard drive. I can also see that rufus created its own partition uefi_ntfs in the usb stick.

How can I get rid of the partitions added by rufus in the hard drive and in the usb stick ? I don't need them, for years I have booted in uefi without rufus' help. I feel invaded.

sinlog, Apr 17, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    Create Bootable USB Flash Drive to Install Windows 10

Use Option Two in Brinks tutorial and in step #6 choose DVD instead of USB.

Edwin, Apr 17, 2019
  4. thraxed Win User

Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Apr 17, 2019
Thema:

1. Using Rufus to create installation USB - Similar Threads - Using Rufus create

2. Using Rufus to install a Windows iso. image

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Rufus to install a Windows iso. image: I am far from expert but, I have tried to use Rufus to install onto a flash drive a Windows10 iso file. Everything seemed to be ok until the very, very end when I had a message on the screen saying that I was missing an app to complete. I only remember something about...
  3. Using Rufus to install a Windows iso. image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Rufus to install a Windows iso. image: I am far from expert but, I have tried to use Rufus to install onto a flash drive a Windows10 iso file. Everything seemed to be ok until the very, very end when I had a message on the screen saying that I was missing an app to complete. I only remember something about...
  4. Using Rufus to install a Windows iso. image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Getting error while creating a bootable USB drive using Rufus. Please help.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting error while creating a bootable USB drive using Rufus. Please help.: I downloaded the latest available windows 10 iso file using the media creation tool. > Plugged the 32gb drive> Opened Rufus in Admin mode > selected the iso and everything > after a few seconds I'm getting either 1. error: device is already in use by another process or 2....
  6. Partitions created by rufus

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Partitions created by rufus: I downloaded the windows 10 install iso and I used rufus to copy it to a usb stick. I then installed the OS. Four partitions were created in my hard drive. I can also see that rufus created its own partition uefi_ntfs in the usb stick. How can I get rid of the partitions...
  7. New - Rufus v2.0.639 - Create bootable USB drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New - Rufus v2.0.639 - Create bootable USB drives: Version 2.0 (2015.03.03) Major UI improvements (improved font, new info field, no separate progress dialog, etc.) Add support for Windows To Go (when Rufus is running on Windows 8 or later) Add support for Grub4DOS and GRUB 2 based images (e.g. FreeNAS) Add portable...
  8. Testing a Win10 Bootable USB media created with Rufus?

Testing a Win10 Bootable USB media created with Rufus?: I had downloaded the latest Media Creation Tool which is the Windows 10 AU update and downloaded the ISO file. Then, I used Rufus to create a bootable USB flash drive whenever I need to perform a clean re-install of Windows 10 AU. I do not want to install the AU update...
  9. Help in creating Windows 10 Bootable USB /Rufus

Help in creating Windows 10 Bootable USB /Rufus: Hi All, I downloaded Windows 10 via MediaCreation tool and selected Pro x86 and x64 ("Both"). After the download was completed an ISO was created. Then i though of using Rufus but it is giving me error "iso image extraction failure". I used winzip to extract files and see...
  10. Question about using Rufus to create a Bootable USB flash drive

Question about using Rufus to create a Bootable USB flash drive: Hi all, Having had a problem using the Media Creation Tool to create a bootable Windows 10 USB flash drive Ive decided to use the Media Creation Tool to download the Windows 10 ISO and then use Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive. After downloading Rufus onto my...