Windows 10: using scanner in windows 10

Discus and support using scanner in windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; my hwlett packard envoy 4500 with scanner is connected to my new computer with windows 10 and prints fine. How do I get it to scan?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by jessbee, Dec 7, 2018.

1. jessbee Win User

using scanner in windows 10

my hwlett packard envoy 4500 with scanner is connected to my new computer with windows 10 and prints fine. How do I get it to scan?

:)

jessbee, Dec 7, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 7, 2018
  3. bobkn Win User
    bobkn, Dec 7, 2018
  4. using scanner in windows 10

What flat bed scanners work under Windows 10?

At least with the Canon, I didn't come across any Windows 10 drivers, but that's reasonable to expect with such an old scanner. Did you really buy this one recently from Amazon?

My suggestion would be to just look in to any recent scanner and make sure it lists Windows 10 compatibility. Know what you are buying before you purchase.

DeaconFrost, Dec 7, 2018
Thema:

using scanner in windows 10

1. using scanner in windows 10 - Similar Threads - using scanner

2. I have a Canon MX410 Scanner. How do I initiate a scan using Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have a Canon MX410 Scanner. How do I initiate a scan using Windows 10?: I have a Canon MX410 Printer which is older. I can create scans using my Windows 7 computer but I cannot create scans using Windows 10. I have tried going to Settings, clicking on Printers and Scanners but I can't open the printer driver to operate the scanner....
  3. Scanner not detected by Windows 10 yet been used for printing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Scanner not detected by Windows 10 yet been used for printing: I want to scan photographs using my Canon MG5350 printer/scanner but Windows 10 brought up a message saying it can't detect a scanner but it has printed a document using this printer. I have changed from Vista to Windows 10 and finding 10 a nightmare, I am hopelessly lost...
  4. how to use finger print scanner on lap top

how to use finger print scanner on lap top: i need to use my lap top finger print scanner to do an online biometric registration how do i go about it i use a dell 5480 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-finger-print-scanner-on-lap-top/1acd7b88-3c4f-4d0b-9fea-3724e4164341
  5. I have to readd my printer/scanner to use it after every shutdown "No scanners were detected."

I have to readd my printer/scanner to use it after every shutdown "No scanners were detected.": I recently did a clean reset on my pc and I added my Canon MG7770 printer. Tested and everything worked fine. The following day I needed to scan something so I put the document in and press the "New Scan" in the "Windows Fax and Scan" application. Now for some stupid reason...
  6. Surface Pro giving watchdog_timeout error whenever I use my Epson Scanner WF2510 - also...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro giving watchdog_timeout error whenever I use my Epson Scanner WF2510 - also...: I have been using this for years on my older laptop, also using Windows 10. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance/surface-pro-giving-watchdogtimeout-error-whenever/50016e99-9615-4505-bc33-6636e93efa62
  7. 'unable to write to file' when using scanner

'unable to write to file' when using scanner: Help Please! I have been using a V300 Epson Photo scanner, but since getting a new computer with Windows 10, it won't allow me to write to a file after scanning. It gives an 'unable to write to file' message. I have already uninstalled & re-installed software & drivers &...
  8. Unable to connect to Scanner using Windows 10

Unable to connect to Scanner using Windows 10: I am not being able to access my epson scanner. no problem using the printer, but the PC lately is not able to find the scanner regardless that it is an all in one EPSON WF 3640...
  9. Scanner inoperative when used on Windows 10

Scanner inoperative when used on Windows 10: Trying to use VuPoint Solutions FS-C1-VP scanner on Windows 10. Unable to gain an image in the user screen. Black frames. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/scanner-inoperative-when-used-on-windows-10/e39a6817-b203-4e74-841e-5b067b6802b5
  10. Help w/ Using Nirsoft NetBios Scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help w/ Using Nirsoft NetBios Scanner: Trying to scan my home network and I created a firewall rule in Norton Security that allows inbound and outbound communications on UDP port 137 from any computer. But when I scan the range of addresses from 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.1.255 but nothing is found. Want am I doing...