Windows 10: Using School Wifi For Updates

Discus and support Using School Wifi For Updates in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; My personal internet is quite slow. Windows Update take hours upon hours. I'm planning to do a windows update at school (Community College) since its... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by JragicLife, Aug 27, 2018.

1. Using School Wifi For Updates

My personal internet is quite slow. Windows Update take hours upon hours. I'm planning to do a windows update at school (Community College) since its about 10x faster there. Does it make a difference if I use the student wifi vs guest wifi on campus. I'm worry that it isn't safe. I'm careful not to log into my important accounts while on campus, but is worry if I do the update, something bad will happen. Not sure how update works.

2018-08 Cumulative Update for Windows 10 Version 1803 for x64-based Systems (KB4343909)

(It's pending a restart, I've been holding off until school starts.)

:)

JragicLife, Aug 27, 2018

2. How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Aug 27, 2018
  3. Loging on school WiFi.

Hi Terry,

For us to isolate your concern regarding your school WiFi settings, have you tried getting in touch with your IT personnel for an in-depth assistance in setting up your school WiFi security settings?

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 27, 2018
  4. 赃 cat Win User

Using School Wifi For Updates

cannot connect to wifi of school

Yes

I can see wifi networks when I switch on the wifi button.

Below the name of the school wifi, it says “secured”. Then tap to connect, so I input the login and password, it still said, I cannot connect to the school wifi network.

Information Centre says they either donot know what to do to solve this problem.

赃 cat, Aug 27, 2018
Thema:

Using School Wifi For Updates

1. Using School Wifi For Updates - Similar Threads - Using School Wifi

2. can’t connect to school wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can’t connect to school wifi: Hi, I can’t connect to my school’s EAP security WiFi and I don’t know what to do. I have an HP 14t-ep000 windows 11 and I have been trying to connect all different ways but I can’t seem to connect to it. Every time I try to connect, it says “can’t connect to this network”...
  3. can’t connect to school wifi

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can’t connect to school wifi: Hi, I can’t connect to my school’s EAP security WiFi and I don’t know what to do. I have an HP 14t-ep000 windows 11 and I have been trying to connect all different ways but I can’t seem to connect to it. Every time I try to connect, it says “can’t connect to this network”...
  4. Cannot connect to school wifi

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot connect to school wifi: I am not able to connect to the school wifi but can connedt to any other wifi. It shows connected no internet, while working for others or shows some DNS error on google. How do i fix it? I have tried Troubleshooting, restarting, changing the wifi connection, putting on...
  5. Cannot connect to school wifi

Cannot connect to school wifi: I am not able to connect to the school wifi but can connedt to any other wifi. It shows connected no internet, while working for others or shows some DNS error on google. How do i fix it? I have tried Troubleshooting, restarting, changing the wifi connection, putting on...
  6. Windows 10 school wifi not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 school wifi not showing: Hi!My school wifi isn't showing up on avaliable networks. I've tried restarting, network resetting and shutting down my laptop. Sometimes my school wifi shows up, but joining it freezes my laptop. I'm on windows 10, if that helps. I can connect to my home wifi, but not the...
  7. Windows 10 school wifi not showing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 school wifi not showing: Hi!My school wifi isn't showing up on avaliable networks. I've tried restarting, network resetting and shutting down my laptop. Sometimes my school wifi shows up, but joining it freezes my laptop. I'm on windows 10, if that helps. I can connect to my home wifi, but not the...
  8. Windows 10 school wifi not showing

9. Laptop not connecting to school wifi

Laptop not connecting to school wifi: Hi, whenever I try to connect to my school's WIFI, a windows security box pops up which asks me to type in a username and password, I've tried my windows username and password which worked for to see my other passwords for websites and stuff but nothing is working to get my...
  10. Which VPNs work on school WiFi?

Which VPNs work on school WiFi?: Many schools block VPN connections so i want to know the list of VPNs that works on VPN blocks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/which-vpns-work-on-school-wifi/882436a5-9eb5-49f2-9961-46204d505f32