Windows 10: Using Screen Saver with two monitors

Discus and support Using Screen Saver with two monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My setup uses two monitors. I am running a screen saver (a very old one by Firehand which works fine) but I can't get it to work the way I want with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Sigurd, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Sigurd Win User

Using Screen Saver with two monitors

My setup uses two monitors. I am running a screen saver (a very old one by Firehand which works fine) but I can't get it to work the way I want with the two screens. At present when it kicks in, the displayed image alternates between the two monitors. One displays the new image and the previous one on the other monitor goes to blank screen and so on.
    I am sure that when I used it with Windows 8.1 it worked as I want - each image remains on screen until it is replaced. i.e. I have the current image on one monitor the and past image on the other, then it switches and a new image appears on a monitor with the previous image remaining on the other one.

A possibly related issue is that although I have the desktop image set to change every few minutes it doesn't do so and I have a different image on each monitor (which is fine). But why won't they change?

Thanks

:)

Sigurd, Sep 8, 2015
  2. RedGumNut Win User

Unable to access dual monitors after upgrade to Windows 10

I use two monitors on a desktop computer. I used to have the screen saver (gPhotoShowPro) running on monitor one while watching either a video or tv on monitor two. It worked great.

My problem only happened since Windows 10 was installed.

If I run gPhotoShowPro, it works properly for about half a minute before both screens flash a single color.

Or, when the Windows screen saver (Photos) starts on monitor one, monitor two just goes blank.

For your information and request a fix please.

Original title: Two Monitors

RedGumNut, Sep 8, 2015
  3. Windows 10 Screen Saver Dual Screen

I have a high-performance 64-bit Workstation with special NVIDIA Quadro 4000 drivers for the dual monitors designed for AutoCAD 3D. When I first upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10, the screen saver
    displayed properly on only one screen while I was able to use both screens during normal operation. I recently had to re-install Windows 10 and discovered that the screen saver now uses the PC Display settings of Monitor 1 only, Monitor 2 only, Duplicate,
    or Extended. In Extended mode, the screen saver displays on the crack between the two monitors. In Monitor 1 (or 2) Only or Duplicate mode, I cannot use the two monitors for work. The system recognizes the two monitors and the drivers and operates normally.
    I re-installed all drivers for all hardware devices including the graphics card and the monitors, performed a hardware diagnostics and checked for updates to Windows 10: no joy. Any advice?

RaphaelSussman, Sep 8, 2015
  4. Bullet100 Win User

It sounds like you're using a third-party screensaver? There is a possibility it isn't compatible with the newer operating system. Have you checked the developers website for an updated version?

Also can you verify that Windows default screensavers work on both monitors.

Bullet100, Sep 8, 2015
  5. Sigurd Win User
    I am using a 3rd part screen saver, one which dates back 10 years or more. It works better than any of the MS supplied ones.

3D text just appears on "screen 1", the main one, with nothing on screen 2 on the left. Mystify is mainly on 1 but some swirls go over to 2. In other words it treats the two screens as an expanded single screen. MS's Photo screen saver puts the image on the left screen (2) with a bit of overlap onto 1 - the opposite of Mystify.
    So it does seem to be a driver issue which produces a different problem with all of them.

Unfortunately Firehand no longer exist - they (he!) produced a very good screen saver and image viewer which I still use today. This is the first issue I have had with either.

Sigurd, Sep 8, 2015
  6. djrusty Win User
    Has anyone been able to updated Firehand Ember for usage with Windows 10. I got it to sign in as an Administrator, but cannot get the Crop feature to work. If you know how I can solve this problem, please contact me at L: gennut3@gmail.com. I miss my Firehand program soooooo much. Thanks in advance.

djrusty, Sep 12, 2016
  7. Duplicate "cross-post" for this one here?

https://www.tenforums.com/general-sup...dows-10-a.html

If so, there's no need to create multiple posts for the same issue.
    Doing so creates clutter and confusion for everyone.

Also, I suggest removing your email address from your posts, to avoid harvesting by spammers.

Cheers,
    MM

MoxieMomma, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Using Screen Saver with two monitors - Similar Threads - Using Screen Saver

2. Dual monitor screen saver

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dual monitor screen saver: My setup is a laptop and an external screen, I would like to have a screen saver on both monitors, when on the lock screen the same as what I see on the main monitor if that is possible.I'm on Windows 11, and I've noticed on videos I watch on Youtube that they are able to...
  3. Dual monitor screen saver

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dual monitor screen saver: My setup is a laptop and an external screen, I would like to have a screen saver on both monitors, when on the lock screen the same as what I see on the main monitor if that is possible.I'm on Windows 11, and I've noticed on videos I watch on Youtube that they are able to...
  4. Using Two Monitors

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Using Two Monitors: [img] I want to add a second monitor and I'm wondering, do they have to be the same size? I have one monitor that is roughly 13" by 22", and the other is 13" by 17". Thanks for the help Carl 177807
  5. screen saver sizing on monitor

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    screen saver sizing on monitor: hello everyone I‘m using the fliqlo screen saver on my laptop. When I hook up the external monitor the screensaver on the monitor is weirdly sized. I can only see the top right corner of the screen saver. The clock on the laptop is sited correctly. Does anyone know how to...
  6. Using two monitor intead of laptop screen

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using two monitor intead of laptop screen: Hi, Im a photographer and for work with the pictures it would be good to use two monitor but when i connect two monitor for my laptop with a VGA adapter: its a lamberg VGA split cabel the laptop detects three screen but uses the third as its the second. I check every place...
  7. Screen saver for dual monitors

Screen saver for dual monitors: I used to have a screen saver (Firehand Ember) which worked well with my two monitors but as Windows has moved on it got left behind and the person who produced it gave up! So did the screen saver. It used to display different images on the two screens - not individually,...
  8. Screen saver spreads image between the two monitors

Screen saver spreads image between the two monitors: Although I have setup the two screens to work independently - one app running on one screen and a different app running on the other, when Windows screen saver kicks in, the image appears half on each screen. i.e. as if I was using a very wide monitor and the image is in the...
  9. using two monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    using two monitors: When I move a excel sheet from monitor to monitor it doesn't bring the whole sheet across It only brings a tab over that I have to click on to maximize the screen. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-two-monitors/905c5df3-158a-4fa7-b277-8127b41d872d
  10. screen saver on dual monitors

in Windows 10 Customization
    screen saver on dual monitors: this question was asked in January and has not been answered:windows 10 programs and apps work fine, my problem is the screen saver mode. I have dual monitor images but when the screen saver starts it only shows on the main monitor not the second one. How do I stretch the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. extend screen saver on two screens

2. How can I get my screen saver to extent across 2 monitors in Windows 10?

3. name any two screens saver

4. windows to use both monitors for screen saver