Windows 10: Using SD card in an HP notebook/laptop

Discus and support Using SD card in an HP notebook/laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is a simple question. I do not see the presence of my SC card in the Drives so I cannot see what is on it. Only C and D are showing up. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MonaHett, Apr 15, 2020.

1. MonaHett Win User

Using SD card in an HP notebook/laptop

This is a simple question. I do not see the presence of my SC card in the Drives so I cannot see what is on it. Only C and D are showing up. I have successfully taken photos with it on my Canon PowerShot. Andwhy do I not see the icon in the hidden icons for removing the sd card.

:)

MonaHett, Apr 15, 2020

2. SD card failure

Hi Andrew,

I would need to ask few questions so I can isolate your concern properly. Kindly answer the following:

• Did you get a specific error message?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • What's the current build of your computer? Press Windows key + R and then type winver.
    • Did you try to run a full system scan using your anti-virus? Can you tell us the result?
    • Does your SD card has a write protection?

Meanwhile, you may try these troubleshooting steps:

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter. Open Settings> Update & Security> Troubleshoot> Hardware and Devices> Run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: Check SD Card in Disk Management.

1. Open Disk Management.
    2. Your SD card will appear as a removable disk.
    3. Check if it has a drive letter.
    4. If it does not show anything, right click the SD card and then select “Change Drive Letter and Paths”.
    5. Click “Add” and select a drive letter, then click “OK”.

Step 3: Update SD card driver.

1. Open Device manager.
    2. Find your SD card and right click it.
    3. Select Properties.
    4. Click the driver tab and then select Update Driver.

Note: You may need to use a keyboard and mouse to connect to your laptop to perform the said steps if it does not allow on tablet mode.

Raymond Ave, Apr 15, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    battery not charging on my hp notebook

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I see that your laptop’s battery is not charging. We would like to know, if you get a message stating plugged in not charging when hovering the mouse over the battery icon.

If you see the message plugged in not charging, I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. Press Windows Logo key + X, and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand Battery.
    3. Right click on Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery, and select
      Uninstall.
    4. Click OK to confirm.
    5. Restart the computer.

You may also want to look at the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the HP articles

HP Notebook PCs - Testing and Calibrating the Battery (Windows)
    and

HP Notebook PCs - Battery Does Not Power Notebook or Hold a Charge

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 15, 2020
  4. Using SD card in an HP notebook/laptop

dorsetknob, Apr 15, 2020
Thema:

Using SD card in an HP notebook/laptop

1. Using SD card in an HP notebook/laptop - Similar Threads - Using card notebook

2. sd card not detected windows 11 hp laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    sd card not detected windows 11 hp laptop: windows 11 hp laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-not-detected-windows-11-hp-laptop/c28b9da7-d1d4-463f-a680-85a2433d0909
  3. sd card not detected windows 11 hp laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    sd card not detected windows 11 hp laptop: windows 11 hp laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sd-card-not-detected-windows-11-hp-laptop/c28b9da7-d1d4-463f-a680-85a2433d0909
  4. Formatting micro SD card for use on laptop.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Formatting micro SD card for use on laptop.: Hi. My laptop has a slot for a micro SD card that I wish to put to use. Based on reviews, I purchased a Samsung 256 GB 100MB/s MicroSDXC EVO card. I plan on storing and playing my music from it, and photos on it since I have limited space on the SSD. Before I start moving...
  5. Formatting mucro SD card for use on laptop.

in Windows 10 Support
    Formatting mucro SD card for use on laptop.: Hi. My laptop has a slot for a micro SD card that I wish to put to use. Based on reviews, I purchased a Samsung 256 GB 100MB/s MicroSDXC EVO card. I plan on storing and playing my music from it, and photos on it since I have limited space on the SSD. Before I start moving...
  6. my windows 10 hp laptop sd card slot use

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my windows 10 hp laptop sd card slot use: hi, I have a windows 10 hp laptop and I was curious on what type of SD card I need for it? , meaning brand and size?... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-windows-10-hp-laptop-sd-card-slot-use/f0e02ed7-f8fa-4076-a25f-9c81e6c951c8"
  7. My HP laptop doesn’t recognize SD card

My HP laptop doesn’t recognize SD card: I have HP laptop running Windows 10, which I bought two tears ago. I’ve had problems for the last half a year because it recognizes SD card ones for a while. However, right now it stopped to recognize it at all and I cannot use USB cards. My troubleshooting actions doesn’t...
  8. SD card for HP Stream

SD card for HP Stream: Computer keeps telling me I am running out of storage. I have a lot of photos and that's about it. No extra apps or software. Would a SD card help. I can move photos to it can't I. I have to keep it in the memory card slot all of the time though. What about an external...
  9. Using SD Card

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using SD Card: Can I use SD card as a recovery device? I don't have flash drive available with 16gb size because im planning on resetting my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/using-sd-card/d77d7bb6-b873-440d-9ec5-d769d2eae873
  10. Using an SD card to install?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using an SD card to install?: Is it possible to use a SD card to make a boot drive instead of a USB flash drive? None of my flash drives have the space for this but the SD card does, I've used this drive to dual boot linux once, so using it like it was a USB drive should work right? All my attempts do...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to view sd card on hp laptop

2. micro sd in hp laptop