Windows 10: using sd card to expand memory

Discus and support using sd card to expand memory in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My C drive is close to full. I need more space so I can update my laptop. Can a SD card be used for that purpose?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by gdnuf4u, Aug 31, 2019.

1. gdnuf4u Win User

using sd card to expand memory

My C drive is close to full. I need more space so I can update my laptop. Can a SD card be used for that purpose?

:)

gdnuf4u, Aug 31, 2019

2. SD CARD

All appps are installed in phone memory. There is no way around this. You can install a game FROM the SD card but it is then installed in the device's main memory.

STEP 1: Copy all the .xap files which you want to install in your Windows 8 phone to your SD card.

STEP 2: Now go to Start -> Store -> SD card and wait for few minutes for all the .xap files to be loaded.

STEP 3: Select the app which you want to install -> Select Install option.

STEP 4: If your apps are compatible then you can see them in the Compatible apps list if not it will be shown in the Incompatible apps list.

STEP 5: Once you have successfully installed the apps, you can see those apps listed in the Apps list from start.

http://windows8search.com/forum/how-install-xap-files-windows-8-phone-2630.html

Jack Cook - aka Help_Line, Aug 31, 2019
  3. wolf2009 Win User
    Memory Stick to SD Adapter Question

I have a Sony W120. As SD cards are less expensive than Memory Stick's , can I use a SD card with a Memory Stick to SD adapter in this camera ?

Which adapter would you suggest ?

wolf2009, Aug 31, 2019
  4. using sd card to expand memory

SD CARD ERROR

Hi,

Since you already performed a hard reset and the issue was only resolved for a short period of time. We suggest that you format your SD card using the steps below:

• Connect your memory card to a PC with a USB reader that has a microSD card slot. If your card reader or PC has a regular SD card slot, you can use a microSD card adapter.
    • Use the File Explorer and browse to the removable storage on your computer, right-click the memory card and select Format.
    • For 4-32 GB cards, select the file system FAT32 and allocation unit size 32 kilobytes and press Start. For 64-200 GB cards, select the file system exFAT and allocation unit size 128kB.
    • Press OK to confirm the data loss warning message. When the formatting process is complete, press OK.
    • Restore only the data that is compatible with your phone (JPEG or MP4 in the photos folder or MP3 in the music folder).
    • Right-click the memory card, select Eject, and wait until it is safe to remove the card.
    • Insert the memory card into the memory card slot in the phone until it locks into place.
    After formatting a SD card, try to check if the issue persists.

If formatting your SD card didn't resolved the issue, we suggest that you use another SD card to check if the issue still persists.

Let us know the results.

Regards.

Justin Sor, Aug 31, 2019
Thema:

using sd card to expand memory

1. using sd card to expand memory - Similar Threads - using card expand

2. Using SD Card in Windows

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using SD Card in Windows: can i use a 2 terabyte sd card in my hp computer [Original Title: sd capacity] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-sd-card-in-windows/47a6af69-5c0e-416f-825f-28d14c38bbea
  3. expandable SD card

expandable SD card: hello I have a tablet running windows 10 with expandable SD card m3mory up to 128gb,I want to know can I use a 256gb SD card and will it have any trouble https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/expandable-sd-card/bb69dcee-45b9-4801-bd9c-1d914170e3af
  4. erase a sd memory card

in Windows 10 Customization
    erase a sd memory card: how to erase sd card https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/erase-a-sd-memory-card/3fcbab5f-fd97-4d55-92e5-18fb0d611e7a
  5. Cannot read SD memory card

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot read SD memory card: Hello. I have a refurbished Dell laptop running Windows 10. This laptop is equipped with a variety of ports and should be a huge asset. today I shot some photos on my Nikon D5100 SLR. once done, I removed the SD card and put it into the SD card reader on the side of the...
  6. Using Micro sd card for storage

Using Micro sd card for storage: Good day to all. I have this hp laptop with a ssd drive with the operating system, All my documents photos etc are on an external ssd in an enclosure connected with USB cable.I'm quite happy with the setup works okay I'd does what I want it to do. Friend of mine has a similar...
  7. use memory card

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    use memory card: I would like to transfer items to memory card. For some reason the card won't take it. I'm getting an error stating I can't update my window because of no space....
  8. Use SD card D drive for Upgrades. SD card not recognized for upgrades?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Use SD card D drive for Upgrades. SD card not recognized for upgrades?: I'm setting up a budget computer lab and I'm in possession of a bunch of windows 10 Mini pcs Z8350, with 2GB Ram and 32GB eMMC ss drives. These little pcs work great to a point, after some quick optimization, and migration of larger files and applications to a SD card D:...
  9. Using SD Card

Using SD Card: Can I use SD card as a recovery device? I don't have flash drive available with 16gb size because im planning on resetting my laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/using-sd-card/d77d7bb6-b873-440d-9ec5-d769d2eae873
  10. Using an SD card to install?

Using an SD card to install?: Is it possible to use a SD card to make a boot drive instead of a USB flash drive? None of my flash drives have the space for this but the SD card does, I've used this drive to dual boot linux once, so using it like it was a USB drive should work right? All my attempts do...