Windows 10: Using "Select Target Feature Version" ... What Happens After 18 Months?

Discus and support Using "Select Target Feature Version" ... What Happens After 18 Months? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; If I use the group policy "Select Target Feature Version" to keep Windows 10 at a specific version, what happens after 18 months when the version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/HarryMuscle, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Using "Select Target Feature Version" ... What Happens After 18 Months?

If I use the group policy "Select Target Feature Version" to keep Windows 10 at a specific version, what happens after 18 months when the version reaches end of life? Will Windows 10 respect the group policy still and keep the version of Windows unchanged (yes I'm aware that this would be a security concern) or will it force an update to happen and if so to which version, the next version or the most up to date version?

submitted by /u/HarryMuscle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/HarryMuscle, Oct 20, 2020

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Oct 20, 2020
  3. How to remove all entries in windows 10 Optional Feature History

Hello,

To help you with your concern, we suggest that you try to follow the steps provided below:

• Open Settings > System, and select Apps & features from the left side.
    • Click on the Manage optional features link.
    • To remove an app or a feature, select the feature and click on the Uninstall button.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marivel Man, Oct 20, 2020
  4. Using "Select Target Feature Version" ... What Happens After 18 Months?

Problem updating Windows Surface Pro 4 with Windows 10 feature updates

Hi,

I have manage to install image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4 by going to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...erecoveryimage and download a recovery image for Microsoft Surface Pro 4.

What I did to reset your Surface from a USB recovery drive was:
    Step 1: Make sure your Surface is turned off and plugged in (hold down the power
    button for 30 seconds).
    Step 2: Insert the USB recovery drive into the USB port on your Surface.
    Step 3: Press and hold the volume-down button while you press and release the
    power button on your Surface.
    Step 4: When the Surface logo appears, release the volume button.
    Step 5: When prompted, select the language and keyboard layout you want.
    Step 6: Select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC.
    If prompted for a recovery key, select Skip this drive at the bottom of the
    screen.
    Step 7: Select the target operating system you wish to reset. This
    refers to the current operating system installed on your Surface.
    Step 8: Select Yes, repartition the drives, and on the next page, select Next.
    Step 9: Choose Just remove my files.
    Step 10: Select Reset.
    Surface restarts and the Surface logo displays while the reset process continues
    (this can take a while).

This always fails and I have to do the below which continues installation.
    Windows 10 Installation Media:

1. Insert the Media (DVD/USB) in your PC and restart.
    2. Boot from the media.
    3. Select Repair Your Computer.
    Select Troubleshoot.

1. Choose Command Prompt from the menu:
    Type in the command:
    Diskpart
    Type in the command:
    List disk (Note which disk is your Boot drive number mine is 0)
    Type in the command:
    Sel disk 0
    Type in the command:
    List vol (Note which volume is the EFI partition mine is 4)
    Type in the command:
    Sel vol 4
    Type in the command:
    assign letter=V:
    Type in the command:
    Exit
    Type in the command:
    V:
    After you have assigned a drive letter Using Diskpart You can format the EFI partition:
    Example: if you assigned a letter V to the partition the command would be:
    format V: /FS:FAT32
    Type in the command:
    bcdboot C:\windows /s V: /f UEFI

Now I have an issue that I cannot install Feature Updates. They keep failing to install.
    Any ideas how to resolve issue?

jaburmester, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Using "Select Target Feature Version" ... What Happens After 18 Months?

1. Using "Select Target Feature Version" ... What Happens After 18 Months? - Similar Threads - Using Select Target

2. What are the exact words of the Target version for Windows 11?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the exact words of the Target version for Windows 11?: I had changed by registry to stop Windows 11 from downloading. I have a new target version for Windows 10 latest edition.My question is If down the line, I am going to be forced to upgrade and download Windows 11, will that new download of Windows 11 override the target...
  3. Select what happens with removeable drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Select what happens with removeable drives: i get this error randomly while playing games but i dont have any removeable drives i have 1 hdd and when that error shows up anything on my hdd crashes and it happens so often what might be the problem...
  4. Select what happens with removeable drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Select what happens with removeable drives: i get this error randomly while playing games but i dont have any removeable drives i have 1 hdd and when that error shows up anything on my hdd crashes and it happens so often what might be the problem...
  5. Select what happens with removeable drives

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. "Select Target Feature Update Version" Group Policy for 2010/20H2

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    "Select Target Feature Update Version" Group Policy for 2010/20H2: Can anyone confirm what is the correct entry to use with the "Select Target Feature Update Version" group policy to stay on the 2020 October version of Windows 10? Is it "2010" or "20H2"? For anyone not familiar with for group policy here's some more info on it:...
  7. Office Insider Monthly (Targeted) v2002 build 12527.20138 - Feb. 18

in Windows 10 News
    Office Insider Monthly (Targeted) v2002 build 12527.20138 - Feb. 18: New Office Insider Monthly (Targeted) version 2002 build 12527.20138 has been released. Release notes are not yet available from Microsoft. This post will be updated when available. Source: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/off...annel-targeted...
  8. Re-activation request after owning for 18 months

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-activation request after owning for 18 months: I have been receiving a pop up screen stating I need to activate my Windows 10 Pro. I have had this product for over 18 months. I had Windows 8 but needed to upgrade my hard drive at which time I upgraded to Windows 10 Pro. The problem is I am out of town for the next...
  9. Windows 10 Activation broken after 18 months

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Activation broken after 18 months: The PC has been playing up the last few weeks and I suspected a virus although Norton says there is not a virus, it means nothing. When I went to reset my software today it says Windows isn't activated as you do not have a valid license key error 0xC004F012 I haven't...
  10. What happened to the screen saver feature?

in Windows 10 Customization
    What happened to the screen saver feature?: All of a sudden I've lost my screen saver function. It used to be under Personalization in the Control Panel but that option has suddenly disappeared from the panel and the 'Settings' panel is next to usless. Now I don't have a screen saver and I have no log on screen...