Windows 10: Using settings shortcuts from taskbar displays a cmd prompt

Discus and support Using settings shortcuts from taskbar displays a cmd prompt in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Every time I try to use one of the shortcuts in the taskbar to open sound settings, taskbar settings, or notification settings it results in a command... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by forsakenstag, Nov 17, 2021.

1. Using settings shortcuts from taskbar displays a cmd prompt

Every time I try to use one of the shortcuts in the taskbar to open sound settings, taskbar settings, or notification settings it results in a command prompt window which says:This is valid only for the account I use for my everyday activities. Another User on the same device does not have any such problem. I cannot get rid of the apps and data in this account. So, please suggest a method to solve this without getting rid of my original user account.Things I tried:Command Prompt Window with Administrator privileges: C:\Users\%UserName%>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Sour

:)

forsakenstag, Nov 17, 2021

2. Pinning "Settings" to the Taskbar

I've tried both suggestions. But thanks to your(?) earlier post, I do have an icon pinned to the taskbar for settings.

Both were my posts Using settings shortcuts from taskbar displays a cmd prompt :) In fact, at first I forgot to post the usual steps to pin Settings to taskbar, and rather complicated (which I thought) by suggesting you create a shortcut. Hence the 2nd post. Anyway, glad the shortcut method helped.

Ramesh Srinivasan, Nov 17, 2021
  3. How do I add a shortcut to the Taskbar on Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your concern on Microsoft Community.

As per the issue description you are unable to add a shortcut to the taskbar in Windows 10. You are right that there is no option to pin the shortcut to the taskbar. However, you should be able to drag and drop the shortcut to the taskbar. If you are unable
    to do that try the steps provided below and see if it helps you to fix the issue.

• Open the network connection page by clicking on the shortcut.
    • Once that page is open, you could see the same in the taskbar.
    • Now, right click on the icon of network connection in the taskbar which is representing your shortcut.
    • Select the option pin to the taskbar.
    • Now the shortcut will be pinned to the taskbar.

Hope this would help. If issue still persists post back with current status of your computer and result of the proposed suggestion, we will be happy to assist you.

Regards,

Ramesh.Kumar, Nov 17, 2021
  4. Flava0ne Win User

Using settings shortcuts from taskbar displays a cmd prompt

Creating Shortcuts with Batch File

No error, when I run the BAT file the CMD prompt shows and looks like it did stuff. But no shortcut on my Desktop.

Flava0ne, Nov 17, 2021
Thema:

Using settings shortcuts from taskbar displays a cmd prompt

1. Using settings shortcuts from taskbar displays a cmd prompt - Similar Threads - Using settings shortcuts

2. Unable to open settings from taskbar and using some windows shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to open settings from taskbar and using some windows shortcuts: I don't know the correct reason but previously I added Hindi language and got an windows update after I was unable to open settings I have to open it from win + R and some keyboard shortcuts are also not working like ctrl + v , win+shift+s...
  3. Unable to open settings from taskbar and using some windows shortcuts

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to open settings from taskbar and using some windows shortcuts: I don't know the correct reason but previously I added Hindi language and got an windows update after I was unable to open settings I have to open it from win + R and some keyboard shortcuts are also not working like ctrl + v , win+shift+s...
  4. CMD Prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CMD Prompt: Hi,I have several strange things happening recently. I am running Windows 11 and have not had a problem until the last week or so. I tried running DISM and SFC but I can't launch the Command Prompt with Admin rights from Search. It seems to launch via Task Manager but the App...
  5. CMD Prompt

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CMD Prompt: Hi,I have several strange things happening recently. I am running Windows 11 and have not had a problem until the last week or so. I tried running DISM and SFC but I can't launch the Command Prompt with Admin rights from Search. It seems to launch via Task Manager but the App...
  6. Using settings shortcuts from taskbar displays a cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using settings shortcuts from taskbar displays a cmd prompt: Every time I try to use one of the shortcuts in the taskbar to open sound settings, taskbar settings, or notification settings it results in a command prompt window which says:This is valid only for the account I use for my everyday activities. Another User on the same device...
  7. Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cmd prompt and cmd prompt csscript.exe: Hello Lovely people,Im from the Netherlands so my english isnt that very good,But couple of days when i start my up i got an cmd prompt but its empty so it doesnt say anything it stays a few sec and then it goes away and then i get the cmd prompt but with cscript.exe and then...
  8. CMD prompt for refreshing Family Settings

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    CMD prompt for refreshing Family Settings: I was given this command to enter to refresh our Family settings on my child's computer and then the agent never responded. The command is incorrect and upon research tried different ways in order to "correct," again without Microsoft help. Command Given:...
  9. Cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cmd prompt: I had win 10 setup so that shift right click context menus showed cmd prompt, as powershell does a lousy job with batch files, which I use a lot. Latest update killed that setting and I can't get it back. None of the suggestions on the web are working. So two questions:...
  10. Cmd prompt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cmd prompt: My cmd prompt isn't opening for my file (use for Minecraft modding) The option doesn't even show up to use it all that shows up is powershell https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cmd-prompt/5f084111-fa7d-4cdd-b450-68c430dcd7b0