Windows 10: Using SFC and GWX/GWX Control Panel on Win7 PC Heads Up

Discus and support Using SFC and GWX/GWX Control Panel on Win7 PC Heads Up in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 8700 that I previously upgraded to Win10 and then rolled back to Win7 for game compatibility. After the restoration of Win7, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by SoFine409, Oct 24, 2015.

1. SoFine409 Win User

Using SFC and GWX/GWX Control Panel on Win7 PC Heads Up

I have a Dell XPS 8700 that I previously upgraded to Win10 and then rolled back to Win7 for game compatibility. After the restoration of Win7, I disabled GWX. Yesterday I ran GWX Control Panel to insure that I had killed any Win10 pending upgrade. Out of curiosity I ran SFC and when it reported that it had found errors and corrected them I checked the CBS.log file and discovered that it had restored GWX and all of fits supporting files. Needless to say I used GWX Control Panel to nuke the upgrade again. Curiosity is always a good thing!

:)

SoFine409, Oct 24, 2015

2. Windows 10 Upgrade Message- Computer crashes

Try downloading and installing GWX Control Panel. Then clicking the right buttons to stop Win10. If you still have problems, it may be that some portion of Win10 actually installed and corrupted your Win7. If that is the case, you may have to re-install
    Win7. Let me know if GWX Control Panel works.

Canadian Tech, Oct 24, 2015
  3. gwforeman Win User
    Why MUST I look at the constant forced upgrade to Win10?

I have been using GWX Control Panel successfully.

GWX Control Panel

gwforeman, Oct 24, 2015
Thema:

Using SFC and GWX/GWX Control Panel on Win7 PC Heads Up

1. Using SFC and GWX/GWX Control Panel on Win7 PC Heads Up - Similar Threads - Using SFC GWX

2. GWX Contol Panel unable to turn off Windows upgrades

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    GWX Contol Panel unable to turn off Windows upgrades: I just got a message from the GWX Control Panel app that my upgrade options had changed. I opened it up and tried to click on "Click to Prevent Windows Upgrades" and it tries but does not succeed. This has never happened before. Has Microsoft implemented some new strategy...
  3. GWX on a laptop broken by updates (BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO) . . . . .

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    GWX on a laptop broken by updates (BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO) . . . . .: Hi Guys, First post in here so not entirely up to speed with the "jargon" . . . . I tried many ways to repair the above error to no avail. My Win10 Home N showing error code 0xC004C003. activation area showed Current code is ****WXCHW I had gone for the GWX way back...
  4. No GWX notification icon in taskbar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    No GWX notification icon in taskbar: Sir, I cannot see the GWX notification icon. I have a genuine copy of windows 7 running in my laptop and installed all the latest updates including KB3035583. It's been more than a week, still there is no sign of GWX icon. Please guide me as to what should I do? 6884
  5. No GWX by choice, should I install it?

No GWX by choice, should I install it?: On my Windows 8.1 laptop I have avoided all the GWX updates pushed over the last year. I have hidden the KBs as they were offered and reoffered. I have no GWX icon or any other prompt to get Windows 10. Now is the time for me to install Win 10 on this laptop. I think the...
  6. GWX icon on old, non-NX PC?

GWX icon on old, non-NX PC?: Some time ago I posted about an old PC that wouldn't accept Windows 10 ... I've got several problems with this very old Dell Inspiron I8200 PC (NOT the PC in my specs): It has no working DVD Drive It doesn't support boot from USB Trying to install 10586 from a USB in...
  7. Where GWX Files Are Stored

Where GWX Files Are Stored: For anyone interested where all the GWX files(with types) & folders are, I've made a screenshot after using UltraSearch on my Windows 8.1 PC. To see it better just click the image a second time to make it even larger. For even more info just use process explorer. Attachment...
  8. no tasks in my GWX taskscheduler folder

in Windows 10 Support
    no tasks in my GWX taskscheduler folder: I have no tasks in my GWX taskscheduler folder..any suggestions on how to get the icon to show up? thanks! 6906
  9. GWX Control Panel Update Keeps Win 10 Away from Windows 7 PCs Forever

in Windows 10 News
    GWX Control Panel Update Keeps Win 10 Away from Windows 7 PCs Forever: [img] The app now has its very own monitoring mode GWX Control Panel is an application that was specifically designed to help Windows 7 and 8.1 users refuse the upgrade to Windows 10, as it turned out that, in some cases, no matter your settings, you might still...
  10. New files added in GWX directory

in Windows 10 Support
    New files added in GWX directory: [img] I just noticed some change in the Get Windows 10 app.. 8920