Windows 10: Using Sharescreen on Zoom to play a DVD

Discus and support Using Sharescreen on Zoom to play a DVD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; When playing a dvd on zoom sharescreen the sound is not being heard. I am using Windows 10 on a Lenovo ideapad 510. What am I doing wrong.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndrewMunden, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Using Sharescreen on Zoom to play a DVD

When playing a dvd on zoom sharescreen the sound is not being heard. I am using Windows 10 on a Lenovo ideapad 510. What am I doing wrong.

:)

AndrewMunden, Oct 1, 2020

2. Playing dvds

Hi Dan,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Is it happening on all the DVDs that you are trying to play on the Media Player?
    • Have you tried playing the DVDs on other computers? If so, are you getting the same error?
    • When did you start encountering the issue?
    • What specific troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    Meanwhile, to help resolve your concern, we suggest that you run the Windows Media Player troubleshooter. To do this. follow the steps below:

• On the Start menu, type Troubleshooting and hit
      Enter.
    • On the left pane, choose View all.
    • Run the Windows Media Player DVD, Windows Media Player Library, and
      Windows Media Player Settings.

Using Sharescreen on Zoom to play a DVD d40dab60-b76b-4f48-962b-c93b0dece089.png
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Oct 1, 2020
  3. playing a DVD on PC with Windows 10

Hi,

In order for us to determine the troubleshooting steps to resolve the issue, we'd like to clarify the following:

• What happens when you try to play a DVD?

• Did you try a different DVD?

• Did you get any error messages?

• Are you able to see the content of DVD on the file explorer?

• What is the file format of the files inside the DVD?

Regards.

Zedrick Del, Oct 1, 2020
  4. Using Sharescreen on Zoom to play a DVD

Windows DVD Player installed in Windows 10 but not recognizing DVD to play

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

The DVD Player app only supports the following:

a. DVDs from a file backup is not supported, the app currently only plays DVD movies on optical discs.

b. The App will only play DVD's not Blu-ray discs.

If you satisfy both the categories, I would suggest you follow the steps below and see if it helps:

Update DVD/CD-ROM drives from Device Manager.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Update.
    If this does not work you might have to Uninstall and then reinstall your drivers in compatibility mode.

Follow the steps to uninstall and reinstall the driver.

• Press Windows key + R key. Type "devmgmt.msc" and click Enter.

• Expand the DVD/CD-ROM drives.

• Double-click on the DVD/CD-ROM drive.

• In Properties, go to Drivers Tab and click on Uninstall.

• Reinstall your audio driver from Manufacturer's Website in Compatibility mode.

• Restart your system
    Hope this helps. Please respond if you have further related queries.

Regards,

Jesinta Rozario, Oct 1, 2020
Thema:

Using Sharescreen on Zoom to play a DVD

1. Using Sharescreen on Zoom to play a DVD - Similar Threads - Using Sharescreen Zoom

2. dvd not playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    dvd not playing: hello my hp pc isnt letting me sse the dvd it says for ,e to upgredw to a new dvd sytem but its charging me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-playing/ef26426c-ae77-4b4f-975f-a21337f84361
  3. dvd not playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    dvd not playing: hello my hp pc isnt letting me sse the dvd it says for ,e to upgredw to a new dvd sytem but its charging me https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dvd-not-playing/ef26426c-ae77-4b4f-975f-a21337f84361
  4. Non zoom audio not playing in headphones but zoom audio is playing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Non zoom audio not playing in headphones but zoom audio is playing: When I played audio from chrome or any other application except zoom it does not play from the headphones but plays from the system speakers. I tried to change the audio output from the settings but it didn't have an option to change it to headphone audio for the system audio...
  5. playing dvd's

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    playing dvd's: The disc tray has suddenly stopped playing any disc. It just makes "odd" noises! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/playing-dvds/18e776d9-08a1-4546-93c7-1fde1fddb855
  6. play a DVD

play a DVD: How do I play a DVD on mylaptop? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/play-a-dvd/52b29f98-ef80-400c-ba6d-7058f13d254e
  7. Playing DVD

Playing DVD: Bought windows media player and have put dvd in drive but cant find it when I open media player and its not opening automatically. Can anyone help. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/playing-dvd/886fa2d2-fa99-4f3c-94c1-91fcf5a7f1ec
  8. DVD will not play

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DVD will not play: I received a dvd with a recent purchase, why won't it play in WMP? Also I cannot play any video that is on website. Youtube works fine when watching videos but I was trying to listen to some videos on the Pittsburgh Steelers website and they would not play. Any suggestions?...
  9. DVD will not play

DVD will not play: I have an ASUS 501ux laptop with Windows 10. It doesn't have an internal DVD player. I purchased an external USB3 DVD drive but the laptop needs something to play the DVD. It won't open the DVD. What do I need? 51767
  10. Playing DVD

in Windows 10 Support
    Playing DVD: Hello, Recently downloaded a whole movie, it is MP4 format. Since this cannot be played on home dvd player, had to convert it into AVI , in user manual it says AVI can be played - but it did not. So then I converted it into VOB format, but again dvd refused to play it....