Windows 10: Using Sky Go and Windows 10 overseas (via VPN)

Discus and support Using Sky Go and Windows 10 overseas (via VPN) in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am hoping that someone can help please? I am temporarily based overseas from the UK, but have been using UK Sky account details via a VPN, and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by mattsmith, Sep 19, 2015.

1. mattsmith Win User

Using Sky Go and Windows 10 overseas (via VPN)

Hi, I am hoping that someone can help please?
    I am temporarily based overseas from the UK, but have been using UK Sky account details via a VPN, and have had no problems when signing in and downloading programs........
    (Regardless of whether I should or should not be doing this, this is what I have been doing).
    We currently receive a message for Sky ID error code 288.......which I am led to believe is something to do with being overseas, so the official Sky help form can not or will not help!
    Since downloading windows 10 we have been unable to sign in (have uninstalled and reinstalled both the VPN and Silverlight)........
    Can anyone offer any advice on how to solve this problem please?
    Thanks
    Matt

:)

mattsmith, Sep 19, 2015

2. SKY GO AND ERROR 6036

I have tried to get SKY GO via Internet Explorer on my Windows 10 laptop and have followed instructions from SKY, including installation of Starlight, but without success. I would welcome any suggestions how I might proceed.

Lionel Swain_642

LionelSwain_642, Sep 19, 2015
  3. Andre Da Costa, Sep 19, 2015
Thema:

Using Sky Go and Windows 10 overseas (via VPN)

1. Using Sky Go and Windows 10 overseas (via VPN) - Similar Threads - Using Sky overseas

2. SKY Users -- sneaky issue after SKY GO update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    SKY Users -- sneaky issue after SKY GO update: Hi folks looks like some of these streaming services are getting a bit tougher -- they don't seem to like you attempting to save a show so you can watch it later After latest sky go update (and you can't avoid the update) -- it's actually easy to bypass but that's another...
  3. sky go app problems with cisco videogaurd

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    sky go app problems with cisco videogaurd: can anyone help please? everytime I try to install sky go it says my computer cant run cisco videogaurd,WHY https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sky-go-app-problems-with-cisco-videogaurd/19329efb-c83d-444b-bf76-cbce12099ff4
  4. Sky Go not running under Windows

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sky Go not running under Windows: I have no problem using Sky Go on my Ipad but it won’t run at all on my laptop under Windows 10. The app seems to check for updates, then download them and then time out. I have tried to unisnstall and reiinstall. I have also, following some suggestions online, deleted...
  5. SKY GO on a Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    SKY GO on a Virtual Machine: Hi folks anybody here managed to get SKY GO up and running on a Windows Virtual Machine. I'm bashing my head against a brick wall here. Netflix, BBC Iplayer and Amazon prime all work perfectly so what's with SKY. - Even BT sports works fine on a VM. Once Netflix /...
  6. Edge no longer supported with SKY GO !!!!

in Browsers and Email
    Edge no longer supported with SKY GO !!!!: Hi there As SKY GO is a popular application I would suggest SKY TV and Ms get their acts together pretty quick. Edge doesn't work (not supported any more !!). [img] I'm trying to download (LEGALLY) some of the box sets for watching later as per my SKY GO EXTRA...
  7. Any Sky Go users here we need SKY to start using Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Any Sky Go users here we need SKY to start using Edge: Hi there. Just wondering if there are any SKY GO users here --I love it for UK football (Premier league on Sky sports). However because it still uses Silverlite security one is forced to continue to use IE11 (although I believe there are some unofficial workarounds to get...
  8. Edge + SKY GO - FAIL, IE11 + Sky Go - Pass (Windows 10 PRO RTM)

in Browsers and Email
    Edge + SKY GO - FAIL, IE11 + Sky Go - Pass (Windows 10 PRO RTM): Hi there While Silverlight is as everybody knows RUBBISH it IS a requirement for watching SKY GO on Windows. Sky GO on Android doesn't use it so It must be possible for Ms to have some other method of protecting DRM material. So (and SKY GO is used by loads of SKY...
  9. Sky Go not recognising laptop after Windows 10 update.

Sky Go not recognising laptop after Windows 10 update.: After updating to Windows 10,I had to re-register my laptop with sky go.Another change cannot be made for a month.Does anyone know if the very latest update will have the same effect;i.e.that Sky does not recognise the laptop again?John Phaff. 30886
  10. Sky Go

Sky Go: Sky Go App doesn't work in W10, I have tried different Silverlight settings to no avail! *Sad 13693

Users found this page by searching for:

1. sky vpn for windows 10

2. sky go running slow on windows 10