Windows 10: Using small TV as Second monitor on laptop.

Discus and support Using small TV as Second monitor on laptop. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am attempting to use a Tv (SAMSUNG T24B350ND) as a second monitor on my Lenova Legion (Model 81q6) The second screen is croped or not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BryceBeaumont, Sep 1, 2019.

1. Using small TV as Second monitor on laptop.

Hello,
    I am attempting to use a Tv (SAMSUNG T24B350ND) as a second monitor on my Lenova Legion (Model 81q6)

The second screen is croped or not scaled correctly and is cutting of the task bar. More concerning it is displaying a very low grainy resolution. Tinkering in display setting has not helped. I have also attempted to update my display adapter driver to no avail.

:)

BryceBeaumont, Sep 1, 2019

2. How do I connect my laptop to my tv scrren to use as a second monitor?

How do connect my laptop to my tv screen to use as a second monitor? I connected my laptop to my tv screen but it is just projecting my laptop screen on my tv. I want to use my tv screen as a second monitor. Please help.

Thanks

KandiceWhite1, Sep 1, 2019
  3. MorganB2 Win User
    Resolution on a Sony Bravia TV used as a second monitor

Thank you for taking the time to respond. I bought the Sony Bravia in 2008. It is a model KDL-42V4100. Like I said before it was working as a second display monitor just fine for 6 months.

The major symptom is that the colors being displayed are reversed. White is black and vice versa. Blue is blue. Others are mixed. There is some blurriness especially with a video, which is the primary intended purpose.

I looked at what you mentioned. I replaced the Wide Angle Flexview 2880x1620 driver. This is being used by the primary laptop from what I see. This was not a problem, but I noticed that an update was available. I am using a 2880x1620 resolution, as that
    is what Windows 10 recommends.

The secondary TV monitor is using the Generic PnP Monitor driver. Windows says that it is the current driver and is working properly. There is another odd symptom. When I have the TV connected and I go to System -> Dsiplay - Advanced Feature - the box with
    the monitors shows only one monitor. When I click on the Identify button the same number shows on both the laptop monitor and the TV.

You mentioned checking the HDR settings. My display settings say that I am using SDR.

My plan of attack is as follows:

1. I have a second Sony Bravia. I will connect the laptop to that one and see if the behavior is different. That TV is a few years newer and internet capable. I need to be careful on my timing for this activity, as that is the TV the wife watched her soaps
      on. Using small TV as Second monitor on laptop. :)
    2. Reinstall Generic PnP Monitor driver even though it says there is nothing wrong with it.
    3. Continue to browse the net.
    4. Consider buying a new laptop. Using small TV as Second monitor on laptop. :(
    5. ......

MorganB2, Sep 1, 2019
  4. Using small TV as Second monitor on laptop.

Issues while installing a second monitor in Windows 10

Really? I get a canned answer and nothing else? I posted that I had tried everything that I could find posted online. I did read the post that Andre suggested multiple times prior to posting this request for help. None of it helped.

My computer does not recognize that there is a second monitor is plugged in. The small step of changing the settings so I can put stuff on the second monitor ISN'T the issue. I am not that dumb. in the device manager there is only the single monitor listed
    at one point there was a unknown device listed but my computer did not know if it was a monitor or a printer.

There has to be someone out there that knows how to fix this

Please Help

squareknees, Sep 1, 2019
Thema:

Using small TV as Second monitor on laptop.

1. Using small TV as Second monitor on laptop. - Similar Threads - Using small Second

2. Use laptop as the second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use laptop as the second monitor: I want to use my laptop as a second monitor for my desktop, but its not possible using physical cable. I tried using screen projecting on Windows but the laptop eventually became quite delay. What cause this to happen?...
  3. Use laptop as the second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use laptop as the second monitor: I want to use my laptop as a second monitor for my desktop, but its not possible using physical cable. I tried using screen projecting on Windows but the laptop eventually became quite delay. What cause this to happen?...
  4. Using another laptop as a second monitor

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using another laptop as a second monitor: Having problems casting/projecting from one laptop to another. Both have Windows 11. They can detect each other but just won't connect/project. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-another-laptop-as-a-second-monitor/fcbf088f-038d-41d6-b54d-f80858d7eecc
  5. Using another laptop as a second monitor

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using another laptop as a second monitor: Having problems casting/projecting from one laptop to another. Both have Windows 11. They can detect each other but just won't connect/project. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-another-laptop-as-a-second-monitor/fcbf088f-038d-41d6-b54d-f80858d7eecc
  6. Laptop as second monitor

in Windows 10 Customization
    Laptop as second monitor: Hi, i try to use my laptop as second monitor but on my main pc there is not option to connect to this laptop... Can be one on wi-fi and second on ethernet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-as-second-monitor/606b7f2d-ada9-482d-b682-69935623bf4a
  7. Using TV as computer monitors

Using TV as computer monitors: Hello!!! I just bought 2 Insignia 24" TVs to be monitors. I use a Dell Inspirion 15 7000 I think Gaming Laptop and are using these as an extended display. The video quality is amazing, however, I cannot get it to be the right resolution to have the text and eveything else...
  8. Using laptop as a second monitor?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using laptop as a second monitor?: Ive been trying to use my old crappy laptop as a second moniter on my PC. My computer doesnt have wifi, its using and ethernet. I know you can project screens but i cant due to not having wifi. Is there a way to use an HDMI cable to connect the two? submitted by...
  9. Unable to use Monitor and TV

Unable to use Monitor and TV: I can use the output from the card for each separately but they will not work together. I have downloaded the latest drivers and tried all Microsoft fixes. I also went to Nvidia and they could not get it to work but said it should. Has anyone else had this problem.?...
  10. How do I connect my laptop to my tv scrren to use as a second monitor?

How do I connect my laptop to my tv scrren to use as a second monitor?: How do connect my laptop to my tv screen to use as a second monitor? I connected my laptop to my tv screen but it is just projecting my laptop screen on my tv. I want to use my tv screen as a second monitor. Please help. Thanks...