Windows 10: using snip and sketch effectively without opening it and saving it

Discus and support using snip and sketch effectively without opening it and saving it in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I use snip and sketch when it opens it says that Windows+Shift+S can help you take a screenshot it does what it says see the screenshot below you can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by datatraveler2012, Dec 10, 2019.

1. using snip and sketch effectively without opening it and saving it

I use snip and sketch when it opens it says that Windows+Shift+S can help you take a screenshot

it does what it says see the screenshot below you can see snipping tool window at top of screen

using snip and sketch effectively without opening it and saving it 916e7a7d-621f-4bbc-86c0-b1202d9fc869?upload=true.png

but after taking screenshot without opening snip and sketch how do I save it has taken screenshot but does not give me an option

to save it.

:)

datatraveler2012, Dec 10, 2019
  2. JimWynne Win User

Snip & Sketch

It's the Snipping Tool that's being phased out, not Snip & Sketch. FWIW, I just used the latter tool and was able to paste the snip into a Word (Office 365) document. There was a point in the past when for reasons unknown, opening Word would clear the
    clipboard. If you're using an older version, you might want to try opening the document first, before taking a screenshot.

If you prefer to use Snipping Tool, all you have to do (as I suggested earlier) is open the Start Menu and type snip.

JimWynne, Dec 10, 2019
  3. Snip and Sketch Awkward

Use Windows+shift+s to launch Snip and Sketch. Can snip a screenshot.

Now the problem is this: after snipping the screen shot, it does not automatically appear in the Snip and Sketch app. So I open Snip and Sketch and there's nothing on it.

So I have choose 'new' and snip the screen yet again.

I recall using this once and taking a screenshot and voila! Snip and Sketch appeared with the screen shot duly in the app's workspace, ready for annotations and saving etc. This facility has disappeared. I have re-set it according to instructions, and even
    reinstalled it - yet the problem persists.

Would appreciate any suggestions. Thanks

StephenAustinHK, Dec 10, 2019
  4. using snip and sketch effectively without opening it and saving it

Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

What about Win+w (Ink Workspace); is it still there? You might get a different symptom from trying to save a "Screen Sketch" made that way. Oh. Apparently "Snip and sketch" is just a new name for that? If so, you don't need to save anything, just
    use the Resume button.

That would be new too. No sign that Ink Workspace is installable in 1803.

FYI

Robert Aldwinckle

---

Robert Aldwinckle on forums, Dec 10, 2019
Thema:

using snip and sketch effectively without opening it and saving it

1. using snip and sketch effectively without opening it and saving it - Similar Threads - using snip sketch

2. snip & sketch without notifications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    snip & sketch without notifications: Is it possible to capture a screenshot with this application without clicking on its notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-without-notifications/abc8fcff-d360-4007-8315-d17aa477d811
  3. snip & sketch without notifications

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    snip & sketch without notifications: Is it possible to capture a screenshot with this application without clicking on its notification? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/snip-sketch-without-notifications/abc8fcff-d360-4007-8315-d17aa477d811
  4. Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save

Snip and Sketch Screenshots Don't Save: Printscreen function works if i hit windows + printscreen - it saves to screenshots folderSnip and sketch shows up in clipboard but not in screenshots folder{B7BEDE81-DF94-4682-A7D8-57A52620B86F} is missing from user shell data folder per these instructions I tried resetting...
  5. is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    is there a way to automatically save snip with Snip and Sketch?: when I use the function, it says "snip has been saved to clipboard" or something but I can't paste it anywhere I like, I have to open the snip and manually save it. is there a more automatic or faster way to save a screenshot? Win+PrtSc screenshot everything on the screen, I...
  6. Snip & Sketch not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Snip & Sketch not opening: When I'm trying to open snip & sketch it is showing an error that 'you will need an app to open ms-screenclip link'. Please someone help for solving this problem BTW I Have Windows 2004 installed....
  7. Snip and Sketch - Save as a JPG

Snip and Sketch - Save as a JPG: I commonly use the command Windows+Shift+S which uses Snip and Sketch and put the snippet on my clipboard. I am wondering if there is any quick setting or way to automatically save my snip and sketchestaken using Windows+Shift+S as a file on my computer, not just on my...
  8. I need Snip & Sketch to open a "save as" window like the Snipping Tool

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I need Snip & Sketch to open a "save as" window like the Snipping Tool: I need the ability to quickly annotate on screen snips for conceptual architectural drawings. I have been using the snipping tool pinned to my taskbar at the bottom. Recently I discovered Snip & Sketch by hitting the print screen button on my laptop. My Issue: I don't want...
  9. Using Snip & Sketch

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Using Snip & Sketch: I use the snipping tool almost every day and frequently copy and past into emails etc. I have tried the new Snip & Sketch, and when I right click to copy, all it does is to add a red dot. (Presumably that's the sketch part.) How do I copy a snip into an email?...
  10. Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Snip and sketch does not save snips or sketches.: Downloaded the 1809 version of windows 10, no problems except that the new "Snip and sketch" app doesn't save anything. Get a message telling me " Something went wrong" all of the time. The app will not allow me to change permission to access pictures either. Did reset it...