Windows 10: Using speech to log in?

Discus and support Using speech to log in? in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Hi all,I am trying to find a way to use speech to sign into Windows. I've tried using windows speech recognition set to launch on startup with no luck.... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by EmilyFRJA, May 12, 2023.

1. EmilyFRJA Win User

Using speech to log in?

Hi all,I am trying to find a way to use speech to sign into Windows. I've tried using windows speech recognition set to launch on startup with no luck. The same is true for software like Fusion 360 and Dragon Naturally Speaking.Ideally, we would need a way to enter the user name and password vocally upon startup and after locking the computer. Is there any way to do this?We are currently using a Dell Latitude 5420 running Windows 10Thank you all!

:)

EmilyFRJA, May 12, 2023

2. Windows Speech Recognition

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I would require more information to help you better.

Are facing any issue with speech recognition?

I would suggest you to follow the steps to see Advance speech options.

• Press Windows+X key on the keyboard
    • Click on control panel
    • Select speech recognition
    • On the left hand pane you will see Advance speech option
    I would also suggest you to refer to the below link:

How to use Speech Recognition

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/windows-8/using-speech-recognition

(Step applies to Windows 10 as well)

Hope this information helps and let us know if you have any further queries related to Windows we will be glad to help you.

Mohammed Yaseer, May 12, 2023
  3. Lex Del Win User
    Speech For Phone Accessibility

Hi Chanty,

To set up Speech, please follow the steps:

• Swipe left on the start screen.
    • Tap Settings.
    • Tap Speech.
    • Tap Read aloud incoming text messages.
    • Select from the following:
      • Always on
      • Bluetooth and headsets
      • Bluetooth only
      • wired headset only

For Text to speech settings, follow the steps below:

• Swipe left on the start screen.
    • Tap Settings.
    • Tap speech.
    • Set desired options.

Let us know how it goes.

Lex Del, May 12, 2023
  4. dalchina Win User

Using speech to log in?

Magnifier & Speech Recognition problems

Suggest you pick one of the ones I listed- or search for another- something that is really intuitive and easy...

Are you aware of these controls?

Using speech to log in? 198296d1533471086t-magnifier-speech-recognition-problems-1.jpg

dalchina, May 12, 2023
Thema:

Using speech to log in?

1. Using speech to log in? - Similar Threads - Using speech log

2. When using speech recognition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When using speech recognition: I have been trying to use speech recognition while using other apps, however I have found that it opens a popup that asks me to "insert" the text. I was wondering if there is a way to skip that part of the process entirely and just have to text be dropped in....
  3. When using speech recognition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When using speech recognition: I have been trying to use speech recognition while using other apps, however I have found that it opens a popup that asks me to "insert" the text. I was wondering if there is a way to skip that part of the process entirely and just have to text be dropped in....
  4. Using speech to log in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using speech to log in?: Hi all,I am trying to find a way to use speech to sign into Windows. I've tried using windows speech recognition set to launch on startup with no luck. The same is true for software like Fusion 360 and Dragon Naturally Speaking.Ideally, we would need a way to enter the user...
  5. Using speech to log in?

Using speech to log in?: Hi all,I am trying to find a way to use speech to sign into Windows. I've tried using windows speech recognition set to launch on startup with no luck. The same is true for software like Fusion 360 and Dragon Naturally Speaking.Ideally, we would need a way to enter the user...
  6. Using Homophones to evade Hate Speech Restrictions.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using Homophones to evade Hate Speech Restrictions.: Why do the Community Standards moderators on comment threads allow the use of homophones to evade hate speech restrictions? I have consistently flagged comments made very disparagingly about First Nations people in which the poster refers to them as "engines". a substitute...
  7. Using Homophones to evade Hate Speech Restrictions.

Using Homophones to evade Hate Speech Restrictions.: Why do the Community Standards moderators on comment threads allow the use of homophones to evade hate speech restrictions? I have consistently flagged comments made very disparagingly about First Nations people in which the poster refers to them as "engines". a substitute...
  8. Speech

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speech: Hi! I have problem with installing speech, what i mean is.. it is instaling but! Its not moving on. Its like this for 3 hours now and i tried even trun off and on my computer but nothing happend...
  9. Use Text-to-speech in Urdu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use Text-to-speech in Urdu: I am using Windows 10 pro. I am trying to add TTS for reading urdu pdf file. Please let me know how I can add this feature. Regards ***Modified title from: TTS - Urdu***...
  10. Anyone use Dragon Speech...?

Anyone use Dragon Speech...?: Does anyone use Dragon Speech to text as I'm having big problems trying to install 12.5 which worked fine on Win 7, but keeps being rejected by Win 10 for some reason. For three years or more I used to talk directly and very accurately to the laptop mike on Win 7 from...