Windows 10: Using SSH Using Windows Terminal

Discus and support Using SSH Using Windows Terminal in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey Everyone, I made a quick video showing how easy it is to setup a button on Windows Terminal to save SSH sessions. I hope you find it helpful!... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DevOps-Journey, Jul 10, 2020.

1. Using SSH Using Windows Terminal

/u/DevOps-Journey, Jul 10, 2020
  2. ypoora1 Win User

Clear terminal for ssh?

Yeah i meant users SSH-ing in. I have Mint because i also use it as a desktop regularly.
    Did that, and it seems to work. How does one add colored text to issue.net and motd? I tried the ANSI thing, but in all my terminal emulators it either shows the actual code on screen or makes garbled junk. Sorry if i'm missing stupid things, but i'm a complete noob to that.

ypoora1, Jul 10, 2020
  3. ypoora1 Win User
    Clear terminal for ssh?

Is there any way co clear the ssh-ing user´s terminal when ¨issue(.net)¨ shows up? Iḿ trying to make my little usage disclaimer a bit more... Noticable. Running linux Mint 17 on a desktop/server tower.

Oh, and where is the ¨motd¨ in Mint stored anyway?

ypoora1, Jul 10, 2020
  4. Using SSH Using Windows Terminal

Clear terminal for ssh?

Are you talking about when a user opens a new terminal session remotely or when they open a terminal session after they have already logged into the GUI? The reason I ask is that you brought up you are using Mint.

If a user has already authenticated into your system using a GUI and opens a terminal they WILL NOT SEE the motd or issue.net

If they are accessing a terminal session remotely they will see whatever you put in /etc/motd or /etc/issue.net or both if you have them both setup.

This is because motd is for AFTER a user authenticated a remote terminal session and issue.net if for BEFORE a user attempts to authenticate.

Easy Rhino, Jul 10, 2020
Thema:

Using SSH Using Windows Terminal

1. Using SSH Using Windows Terminal - Similar Threads - Using SSH Using

2. Windows Defender Firewall Blocking SSH in Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Defender Firewall Blocking SSH in Windows Terminal: Hi, I am tearing my hair out trying to get this to work.GitBash works fine, but Defender blocks all ssh requests through windows terminal.If I turn defender off, WT works fine, but it times out on port 22 as soon as I turn defender back on.Once again GitBash works great.I've...
  3. Windows Defender Firewall Blocking SSH in Windows Terminal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Defender Firewall Blocking SSH in Windows Terminal: Hi, I am tearing my hair out trying to get this to work.GitBash works fine, but Defender blocks all ssh requests through windows terminal.If I turn defender off, WT works fine, but it times out on port 22 as soon as I turn defender back on.Once again GitBash works great.I've...
  4. Windows Defender Firewall Blocking SSH in Windows Terminal

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. using the mouse to select something in a terminal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    using the mouse to select something in a terminal: I've got the theory that the 3rd-party-Anti-Virus makes the mouse and the keyboard noisy in order to provide an indeterministic environment to any potential virus.This can be felt by me having to attempt many times to select & copy some text in an WSL terminal and fail to do...
  6. using the mouse to select something in a terminal

using the mouse to select something in a terminal: I've got the theory that the 3rd-party-Anti-Virus makes the mouse and the keyboard noisy in order to provide an indeterministic environment to any potential virus.This can be felt by me having to attempt many times to select & copy some text in an WSL terminal and fail to do...
  7. ssh doesn't work when using powershell, cmd, wls, or hyper terminal, but putty works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    ssh doesn't work when using powershell, cmd, wls, or hyper terminal, but putty works: Hi at All,I am posting this question sine I am running out of ideas. Maybe I am missing something, but can't find a reason of the behavior bellow.Previously I was using Ubuntu deployed in wls 2.0 earlier on Win10 and now Win11 also for ssh-ing any remote servers, or internal...
  8. ssh doesn't work when using powershell, cmd, wls, or hyper terminal, but putty works

ssh doesn't work when using powershell, cmd, wls, or hyper terminal, but putty works: Hi at All,I am posting this question sine I am running out of ideas. Maybe I am missing something, but can't find a reason of the behavior bellow.Previously I was using Ubuntu deployed in wls 2.0 earlier on Win10 and now Win11 also for ssh-ing any remote servers, or internal...
  9. view users logged in using ssh

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    view users logged in using ssh: I've been experimenting with using ssh from my phone to log into my laptop. Got it working and it is pretty cool, but how do I tell who is logged in via ssh from my laptop? Say I want to log them off or check to see if they are still logged in. I'm using the same user account...
  10. ssh terminal emulation

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    ssh terminal emulation: I'm using Windows 10 ssh to connect to a linux server for a new project. To what value should I set my linux TERM environment variable? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ssh-terminal-emulation/ef82365d-257b-42c9-8a15-3bd92bcf73c6