Windows 10: Using Surface Pro, Chrome crashes when I switch tabs

Discus and support Using Surface Pro, Chrome crashes when I switch tabs in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; The whole Google Chrome just shuts down and disappears when I switch tabs. This occurs only when I am pressing with my fingers. I had already... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Marnela, Sep 5, 2018.

1. Marnela Win User

Using Surface Pro, Chrome crashes when I switch tabs

The whole Google Chrome just shuts down and disappears when I switch tabs. This occurs only when I am pressing with my fingers. I had already calibrated the screen so many times and I made sure that I wasnt pressing on the X every time. I also have uninstalled and reinstalled Chrome. Anyone else have any experience or solution to this?

***Moved from: Surface Pro (newest) / Display and screen.***

:)

Marnela, Sep 5, 2018

2. Surface Pro 4 - Crashes / Freezes

Hi Edward,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will guide you in the right direction.

The main causes observed so far are driver issues, so I suggest you to install and update all the drivers and see if it helps.

Download drivers and firmware for Surface

I would also suggest you to install all Windows update and check.

Follow the steps:

1. On the search bar type “Settings”.

2. Click on “Update and Security”.

3. Click on “Check for Updates”.

4. Read and accept the license terms, and then tap or click Finish if the update requires it.

Reference:

https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ce-pro-4?category=performance-and-maintenance

Hope this information helps. Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Suvarna Govinda, Sep 5, 2018
  3. Surface Pro 4 crashes on youtube videos on Chrome

Hello Dan,

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Is the issue with playing video is only with confined to specific browser?
    • Have you made any changes to your recently?
    • Do you receive any error message?
    • Have you tried with a different browser?
    Method 1: Perform Clean Boot.

Clean Boot is performed to start Windows by using a minimal set of drivers and startup programs. This helps eliminate software conflicts that occur when you install a program or an update or when you run a program in Windows.

Follow:
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

Note: After troubleshooting, refer to this section "How to reset the computer to start normally after clean boot troubleshooting."

If the issue still persists, I suggest you to try the below steps.

Step 1: For the issue related to Chrome, refer to the below link:

https://support.google.com/chrome/?hl=en

Step 2: For the issue related to paying video through

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Sep 5, 2018
  4. Using Surface Pro, Chrome crashes when I switch tabs

Surface Pro 2017, Win10Pro x64: Explorer crash Windows.UI.XamlHost.dll

^ Issue with Surface devices is that only Microsoft Signed drivers are allowed to be installed with the hardware. My system is also the Surface Pro, but the explorer crash never happened to me. I suggest to perform a system restore to the point before the issue.

theveterans, Sep 5, 2018
Thema:

Using Surface Pro, Chrome crashes when I switch tabs

1. Using Surface Pro, Chrome crashes when I switch tabs - Similar Threads - Using Surface Pro

2. Chrome tabs crash regularly

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Chrome tabs crash regularly: Hello,I have a fresh Windows 10 installment from yesterday and I had the same issue with my last installment Win 11.The problem is that Chrome tabs crash regularly and in the event viewer I only get the following shown:"The application-specific permission settings do not...
  3. Chrome tabs crash regularly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chrome tabs crash regularly: Hello,I have a fresh Windows 10 installment from yesterday and I had the same issue with my last installment Win 11.The problem is that Chrome tabs crash regularly and in the event viewer I only get the following shown:"The application-specific permission settings do not...
  4. Chrome tabs crash regularly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Duplicate chrome windows/instances appearing whenever I switch window using alt+tab.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Duplicate chrome windows/instances appearing whenever I switch window using alt+tab.: I have been facing this problem ever since I bought my new laptop i.e. 1 year ago, which came pre-installed with windows 11.Whenever chrome is open and I try to switch window by pressing alt+tab, it just creates several duplicate chrome windows. And it just makes switching...
  6. Cannot switch tabs in Chrome sometimes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Cannot switch tabs in Chrome sometimes: Sometimes especially when I am using touchpad and disconnect powersupply, I am unable to switch tabs. When I click on a different tab nothing happens. Also not sure if related sometimes when a dialogue box pops up I cannot click yes or no but can only navigate with buttons....
  7. Surface Pro 7 / Microsoft Teams crash when using video

Surface Pro 7 / Microsoft Teams crash when using video: Have had problems for months with system crashing and freezing when using video. last couple of updates have reduced the problem to occurring primarily with Microsoft Teams. A new display link driver installed a few days ago increased the time before a crash, but still...
  8. Chrome not re-installing on Surface Pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Chrome not re-installing on Surface Pro: Hi there, I just uninstalled Chrome from my Surface Pro because it was acting up, and now I can't re-install it. It does not download the file. I have Windows 10 Pro and my computer is not in Safe Mode. I need help. Thank you. Britta...
  9. surface pro dock and chrome

in Windows 10 Customization
    surface pro dock and chrome: no sound from the surface pro dock when using Google Chrome. all my other applications work https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-dock-and-chrome/037fb1d1-66c3-4ca9-ad78-a271fb2f8e9c
  10. I was using google chrome when this crashed occurred.

I was using google chrome when this crashed occurred.: Greetings, I have a dell N5110 which i updated from Win7 to Win10. This crash was the first time ever on Win 10 but i have had BSOD in Win7 due to HotSpot shield drivers. Please figure this one out!! Thanks 18733

Users found this page by searching for:

1. chrome crashes on tab switch