Windows 10: Using surface pro keyboard sideways

Discus and support Using surface pro keyboard sideways in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've realised that after updating my Surface Pro 2017 to windows 10 to version 1803, they keyboard is disabled when I rotate the device sideways. There... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Ka HoTam, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Ka HoTam Win User

Using surface pro keyboard sideways

I've realised that after updating my Surface Pro 2017 to windows 10 to version 1803, they keyboard is disabled when I rotate the device sideways. There was also a problem with the rotation lock being greyed out when the keyboard is attached, making it difficult to lock the tablet to stay in landscape mode.

I would like to keep using my device in bed while leaning sideways. Is there anyway to keep the keyboard working while the device is held sideways?

:)

Ka HoTam, Oct 26, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop

Source: Surface Tools for IT Update for Surface Pro and Surface Laptop Surface

Brink, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Surface Pro Virtual Keyboard Shortcut

First 4 steps above were easy. thank you. Fifth step I didn't find in Region & Language settings category. I searched for keyboard settings but did not find an option to make the change you indicated. Again, are we talking about changes to the Surface
    Pro on screen keyboard? Still trying to find that delete key or a shortcut to it which is so helpful in editing text.

Brannan16J, Oct 26, 2018
  4. Using surface pro keyboard sideways

Fingerprint reader missing from log-in screen on Surface Pro 4

Hi Van,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

I understand your concern about fingerprint reader on the your device, do le us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• Have you made any changes to the device(Hardware/ Software) prior to this issue?
    • Have you connected any other external devices to your Surface Pro 4?
    • Are you using PIN on the logon screen to log-in to your device?

I suggest you to refer to the below post and check if your issue matches with the same. If so, try the troubleshooting steps mentioned by
    RobertBrindle on November 10, 2015 and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Surface Pro 3 with Surface Pro 4 Keyboard with Fingerprint Reader

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Using surface pro keyboard sideways

1. Using surface pro keyboard sideways - Similar Threads - Using surface pro

2. Surface Pro 6: No keyboard input

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Surface Pro 6: No keyboard input: Hello, I'm a University student that uses my surface pro 6 every day. I had bought the surface pro 6 new when it was released with Windows 10, however, 6 months ago it pushed me to update to Windows 11. I'm unsure if that is related, but for the last week my surface pro has...
  3. Blue Screen - Windows 10 - Surface Pro 7 - When using the surface keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen - Windows 10 - Surface Pro 7 - When using the surface keyboard: Hi guys, just got my new surface 7. Upgraded from surface 4. The old surface 4 gave me blue screen every time I tried to use the track pad or any keys on the surface keyboard. This happened after a microsoft update a couple of years ago. I followed every discussion board...
  4. surface pro keyboard and Microsoft wireless Bluetooth keyboard not working with surface pro 4

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    surface pro keyboard and Microsoft wireless Bluetooth keyboard not working with surface pro 4: I am having trouble with both of my keyboards the tablet cover and the wireless. I bought a new tablet cover thinking it was the old one and that did not work either. Then I connected it to the docking station where I use the Microsoft wireless keyboard and that is not...
  5. Surface Pro keyboard shortcut needed

in Windows 10 Customization
    Surface Pro keyboard shortcut needed: I am very frustrated when working in Excel, since I do not have dedicated keys for home end pg up or pg down I need function turned on since I am always jumping to F2 to edit a cell, but that invalidates the use of home which is on the F9 key. How can I leave the function...
  6. Surface Pro Bluetooth Keyboard PIN

Surface Pro Bluetooth Keyboard PIN: I am attempting to connect my new Surface Pro to a bluetooth keyboard (internal bluetooth, no USB dongle). Due to interruptions in the office, my passcode timed out on me before I could enter it. Now, I am trying to connect, the bluetooth dialog asks for a passcode, but I...
  7. Why can't I use my keyboard when my Surface Pro 6 is sideways?

Why can't I use my keyboard when my Surface Pro 6 is sideways?: When I have my Surface Pro 6 in laptop mode rightways up and turn it on its side with rotation lock on, I get a pop-up asking me if I want to go into tablet mode. I already cannot use my keyboard at this point. The mouse disappears, I click "no" with my finger, and I still...
  8. Surface Pro 3 keyboard

Surface Pro 3 keyboard: Hi there My Surface Pro 3 cover keyboard has stopped working after a Windows 10 update. Has anyone found the solution to this apparently widespread problem yet? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surface-pro-3-keyboard/d9085692-3014-43a2-bd74-fc8b62d2b4b3
  9. Surface Pro 2 Keyboard

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Surface Pro 2 Keyboard: My keyboard won't type, nor will touchpad work. I've uninstalled/reinstalled the cover twice but still get alert that something's wrong with driver. Where do I go from here? Can I replace the driver? I'm current on Win 10 updates. I've cleaned contacts. Help!...
  10. Surface Pro 4 Keyboard malfunction

Surface Pro 4 Keyboard malfunction: My Surface Pro Keyboard Cover is behaving badly. When I boot the computer, it randomly sends strings of characters to the computer. Usually it does this at the login screen, producing an incorrect password before I can even input the correct one. I have been able to log in...