Windows 10: Using the ESD to ISO tool to make 14257 Image-where is default output?

Discus and support Using the ESD to ISO tool to make 14257 Image-where is default output? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Thanks everyone for your help. This is last question. I downloaded a 14257 ESD file online and am using the ESD to ISO tool and it is creating the ISO... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by pittguy578, Feb 5, 2016.

1. Using the ESD to ISO tool to make 14257 Image-where is default output?

Thanks everyone for your help. This is last question. I downloaded a 14257 ESD file online and am using the ESD to ISO tool and it is creating the ISO now. Where does the ISO save by default?

:)

pittguy578, Feb 5, 2016

2. repair files in win10 10576

Brian.

If you have updated to 10576 via windows update and not run a disk cleanup wizard the files necessary to make an ISO are already on your system. Navigate to
    $Windows.~BT (may be hidden) and look in the sources folder for a file called install.esd. Take that and use the below to make your own ISO

Here are 2 ways to do that.

IMHO I would use ESD Decrypter tool from
    here

How to Convert Install.ESD in to .ISO Image | Windows OS Hub

Instructions: Create a bootable ISO file using ESD Image for Windows 10 Build 10041

When you have finished converting run DISM using this

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess Where "X" is the drive letter where the ISO is located. Simply change the "X" to the correct drive letter

ZigZag3143 (MS -MVP), Feb 5, 2016
  3. Bolehill Win User
    Internet connectivity slow after Windows 10 Anniversary Update

Hi Desiree

OK, No, I had not burnt the file to a USB stick, I will try that ......BUT

I cannot see how it will make any difference. How will burning the ISO file to a USB stick rather than my hard drive suddenly change the .ESD file to a .WIM file? I have seen specially written small pieces of software available on the internet to make
    this change (.ESD to .WIM), surely a mere Save function will not make any difference?

Furthermore, I find it incomprehensible that, by going to the OFFICIAL Microsoft download site for Windows 10, and downloading the OFFICIAL ISO download tool from that site, then using that OFFICIAL tool to download an OFFICIAL ISO file of Windows 10, I
    end up being given the WRONG file. Sounds like Qulaity Control at Microsoft has been thrown out of the 'window'.

In the meantime, maybe someone out there can confirm to me the full, exact and correct syntax to use when using the DISM tool with a .ESD file. The command I used at the command prompt was:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:V:\sources\install.esd

where V: was the virtual drive on which the ISO file had been mounted.

Thanks.

Bolehill, Feb 5, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Using the ESD to ISO tool to make 14257 Image-where is default output?

In the folder the ESDtoISO.cmd file is in when you run it. I just did this and ended up with

14257.1000.160131-1800.RS1_RELEASE_CLIENTPRO_OEMRET_X64FRE_EN-US.ISO

Ztruker, Feb 5, 2016
Thema:

Using the ESD to ISO tool to make 14257 Image-where is default output?

1. Using the ESD to ISO tool to make 14257 Image-where is default output? - Similar Threads - Using ESD ISO

2. Windows 1O ISO image need to make

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 1O ISO image need to make: Hi All, Please let me know how microsoft provide ISO image of window, I need to create a machine from window 1O ISO and then need to install various software and finally neeed to create ISO image so that i dont have to install software again and again. Please let me...
  3. ESD or ISO

ESD or ISO: Hey there! What is difference between esd and iso file? Should I update my windows 10 through esd file or iso file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/esd-or-iso/5068853b-102f-40f2-aa2e-48fd3cd633be
  4. Iso, esd or wim?

in Windows 10 Support
    Iso, esd or wim?: Wish to correct a Source files missing problem, so need to download an ISO. Installed is W10 1511 version 10586.164 Pro.....how can I tell whether it is ESD or WIM? I know that downloads are as following.....M$ Media is ESD and TechNet is WIM. 44127
  5. Sanity check on ESD to ISO - 10041

in Windows 10 Support
    Sanity check on ESD to ISO - 10041: Looking for another set of eyes to verify/sanity check the data on the ISO I created from the 10041 ESD. I may do clean install this weekend. How does this compare with what you may have? Many thanks. Dick... *Cool [img] [img] 4808
  6. Which ESD to ISO method should I use?

Which ESD to ISO method should I use?: On home stretch. Got the 14257 ESD from my laptop so I can try to fix my desktop installation of 14257 (to get DISM to work again) Which method on the ESD to ISO tool should I use? 39941
  7. Help --Where's the download ISO using media creation tool

Help --Where's the download ISO using media creation tool: Hi there I downloaded the ISO using Ms's creation tool -- I selected create ISO. After the download it prompted me to burn to a DVD -- I didn't want that because I was going to use rufus to create a number of USB sticks so I exited the program. Now I can't find the...
  8. Can we download 14257 ISO image?

Can we download 14257 ISO image?: Can we download it somewhere? Want to fix my installation., 39768
  9. ESD folder created when using MCT but not with ISO

ESD folder created when using MCT but not with ISO: I'm confused about the ESD folder. If I install Windows 10 with the Media Creation Tool, an ESD folder is created. I understand that this folder should not be deleted if you plan to use the Recovery feature as it includes the files need to reinstall Windows. If I reinstall...
  10. ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File: How to: ESD to ISO - Create Bootable ISO from Windows 10 ESD File [img] Warning As Microsoft has changed the upgrade method from ESD based upgrade to a UUP based, the method told in this tutorial does not work anymore with 15xxx and later builds. Please see UUP to ISO...