Windows 10: Using the keyboard

Discus and support Using the keyboard in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Microsoft Surface Go Tablet...at first I had no problem typing emails but now I can only type one letter at a time before I have to go back... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by MarjorieDenton, Jul 22, 2019.

1. Using the keyboard

I have a Microsoft Surface Go Tablet...at first I had no problem typing emails but now I can only type one letter at a time before I have to go back into the keyboard before I can type the next letter...what can I do please to correct this?

:)

MarjorieDenton, Jul 22, 2019

2. Keyboard problem in Windows 10

Hi David,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to check if the issue persists when you connect another keyboard to your system.

If the issue is with the keyboard, then suggest you to update the keyboard drivers by following the steps below.

• Press Windows key + X and select
      Device Manager
      from the list.

• Expand ‘Keyboard’ from the list.

• Right click on the driver and select ‘update driver software’ and follow the prompts.

Hope the information is helpful.

SujataMoktan, Jul 22, 2019
  3. Mark Ole Win User
    keyboard

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you try the following steps:

• Click Start and then click Settings
    • Click on Ease of access
    • Click Keyboard in the left pane
    • Turn off Filter Keys in the right pane

Also, try pressing the Fn+ Num Lock keys to turn off the Number lock function.

Let us know how it goes after performing the suggested steps.

Mark Ole, Jul 22, 2019
  4. Arun B J Win User

Using the keyboard

Keyboard shortcut Alt key not working

Hi,

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better.

• Since when are you facing this issue?

• Did you make any software or hardware changes on your computer prior to this issue?

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: You may check if the ALT key is functioning correctly in on-screen keyboard. It will help us to verify if there is any issue with the keyboard.

Follow the steps below to open On-screen Keyboard.

• Windows + Q, type OSK (on-screen keyboard)

• And check if it works
    Step 2: Run Hardware and device Troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with hardware and devices. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your devices. Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.

• Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.

• Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.

• Run the Hardware and devices troubleshooter.

Keep us posted on this issue so that we can assist you better.

Arun B J, Jul 22, 2019
Thema:

Using the keyboard

1. Using the keyboard - Similar Threads - Using keyboard

2. Use ONE keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    Use ONE keyboard layout: I live in Hungary, so my physical keyboard has Hungarian layout (QWERTZ), but windows sometimes adds other EN/US or EN/UK layouts which are very confusing and frustrating for me. I always have to switch it back by adding then deleting the other layouts. Also I use US English...
  3. i cant use keyboard and touchpad at the same time while playing.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    i cant use keyboard and touchpad at the same time while playing.: did somebody know how to fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-keyboard-and-touchpad-at-the-same-time/99c81e4f-3851-4dd4-8b81-adb0dd6b672e
  4. Customized Keys Don't Stick - Using the latest "Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center" on...

Customized Keys Don't Stick - Using the latest "Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard Center" on...: I just bought a "MS Sculpted" desktop. I used the "Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard" center (which updated itself last night when I ran it, so it is current) to change the F2/Task View key so that it would invoke the "psshutdown.exe" command instead (to suspend my computer with...
  5. wireless keyboard all in one/ keyboard and screen froze when I use my webcam logithech 920

wireless keyboard all in one/ keyboard and screen froze when I use my webcam logithech 920: When i open the program for the web cam everything works great but if i try to add source 2 to the screen , so having 2 different sources in the sane screen, the keyboard and the computer freeze. I tried to get out from the program (crtl alt del) but nothing happen, the...
  6. I deleted a driver and now I can't use my keyboard or mouse

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I deleted a driver and now I can't use my keyboard or mouse: I uninstalled the "Intel® USB 3.0 eXtensible Host Controller Driver" and now I basically can't use my computer because the keyboard and mouse won't work. Is there any way to fix this? SOLVED! submitted by /u/_Subscript_ [link] [comments]...
  7. Force windows 10 to keep the german keyboard layout instead of english one, when using...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Force windows 10 to keep the german keyboard layout instead of english one, when using...: why would someone bundle a language with a keyboard layout? when i delete the english keyboard layout it comes around again ... as soon as i deleted it .. how is that so? this drives me crazy, bcs, i turned even shortcuts of to change layout fk this ... submitted by...
  8. Unable to scroll down to bottom of Windows dialog boxes using keyboard or mouse in Windows 10.

Unable to scroll down to bottom of Windows dialog boxes using keyboard or mouse in Windows 10.: Hello, I am experiencing a very strange issue with my Windows 10 pro installation. I created a new local user account but I can't seem to scroll to the bottom of any of the Windows settings dialog windows (Back grounds, themes, etc.) using either the mouse scroll wheel,...
  9. How do I shut down Windows 10 from the login screen using the keyboard?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How do I shut down Windows 10 from the login screen using the keyboard?: How do I shut down Windows 10 from the login screen using the keyboard? I have 2 screens and the primary screen is not currently connected. Windows thinks it's there, so I cannot use the shutdown button and NOTHING appears on the second screen except the mouse pointer when I...
  10. virtual keyboard not popping up using Chrome on Surface pro 4

virtual keyboard not popping up using Chrome on Surface pro 4: My virtual keyboard will not pop up when I click in the search boxes using Chrome. It works fine when using Edge. I have tried changing things in the settings but nothing has helped. It is very annoying and I wonder if anyone has a fix. It worked several months ago but will...