Windows 10: Using the license form an old laptop on a new one

Discus and support Using the license form an old laptop on a new one in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have an old laptop with windows pro that doesn't work anymore, and I wonder if it's possible to use that license instead of the Windows Single... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by GiacomoZilipo, Sep 1, 2021.

1. Using the license form an old laptop on a new one

I have an old laptop with windows pro that doesn't work anymore, and I wonder if it's possible to use that license instead of the Windows Single Language installed in my new laptop. The hard disk from the old laptop is still working and even I managed to obtain the windows pro product key from it, but when I put it in the new laptop it says the key is not valid.Is there any way to use that old windows pro license?

:)

GiacomoZilipo, Sep 1, 2021
  2. DatDang Win User

Move windows license from old laptop to new laptop

I bought a new laptop (without windows license). But I had a license in old laptop. I will remove windows license from old laptop and want to get this license to activate to new laptop but I can not remember the license. The old laptop has installed Ubuntu
    too, so I can not get any thing from it.

I have synced the windows license with my Microsoft Account (by email). So can I activate the windows in new laptop with my Microsoft Account. If yes, please help me how can I do?

Thanks so much

DatDang, Sep 1, 2021
  3. License Transfer from old to new laptop

HI All,

I had a old laptop with windows 10 pro activated (Along with microsoft account linked). Then i brought a new laptop with windows 10 home activated.

Now i want to transfer the windows 10 pro license to my new laptop.

1. I don't have the old laptop with me as i have exchanged it with the new one (But before that i have deleted the old account and license from the old laptop, so i don't have the old product key)

2. Now i have linked my old old microsoft account in my new system but it doesn't changed to windows 10 pro it still windows 10 home.

Please help regarding this.?Thanks in advance.

swapnadarsanmoharana, Sep 1, 2021
  4. Using the license form an old laptop on a new one

Windows 10 OEM License transfer form old Laptop to new pc

I have an old laptop which comes with OEM Windows 7 Home Basic ,which I upgraded to windows 10 home. The thing is that the laptop is almost dead but the hard disk is working fine, actually i can use that laptop by connecting it to external display. I recently
    bought a new PC and I am wondering if i could transfer the license of that laptop to my new PC. Is it possible, if YES then how? .if NO i am thinking of connecting that hard drive to my new PC and consult the MICROSOFT SUPPORT. Will it work?

PiyushGoel3020, Sep 1, 2021
Thema:

Using the license form an old laptop on a new one

1. Using the license form an old laptop on a new one - Similar Threads - Using license form

2. Transfer windows license from old laptop to new laptop

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transfer windows license from old laptop to new laptop: Hello,I have an old laptop that came with Windows 10 Home license when i bought it then I upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro from the store. Can i transfer the Pro license to the new laptop? And Will the old laptop fall back to Windows 10 Home license or it will be unlicensed?...
  3. Transferring software programs and files form an old laptop Windows 10 to a new laptop...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferring software programs and files form an old laptop Windows 10 to a new laptop...: I am going to need to transfer all the licensed software from an older laptop 12 years to a new laptop C-drive old to C-drive new.How do I do this so that the software will run on my new laptop as it does currently on my older laptop without using third-party software and...
  4. Transferring software programs and files form an old laptop Windows 10 to a new laptop...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring software programs and files form an old laptop Windows 10 to a new laptop...: I am going to need to transfer all the licensed software from an older laptop 12 years to a new laptop C-drive old to C-drive new.How do I do this so that the software will run on my new laptop as it does currently on my older laptop without using third-party software and...
  5. Transferring software programs and files form an old laptop Windows 10 to a new laptop...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Transferring license key from an old computer to the new one.

Transferring license key from an old computer to the new one.: I have an old HP laptop which I upgraded from Win 7 to Windows 10 and wonder if I can transfer the license key from that laptop before recycling it, to my desktop PC I run with a digital license....
  7. Replace old laptop with a new one

Replace old laptop with a new one: I have bought a new laptop with windows 10 home on it my old laptop there was windows 10 pro installed. How can I get this version on my new laptop, I have the old hard drive were windows pro on is installed....
  8. Transferring windows license from old laptop to new laptop

Transferring windows license from old laptop to new laptop: Hi Few months back i purchased the retail license of windows 10 pro from microsoft site and install the same on my laptop. Now there is some problem with my existing laptop and need to buy a new one. Can I transfer this license from this old laptop to new laptop? If i go to...
  9. migrate windows license from old laptop to new laptop

migrate windows license from old laptop to new laptop: My wife and I have 2 laptops 1st one: Dell Studio, bought in 2009, originally had windows vista license then I purchased windows 8 license in 2013 then got a free upgrade to widows 10. 2nd one: Fujitsu lifebook bought in 2011, originally had Windows 7 then we got a free...
  10. Activate new computer using the license of the stolen one?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activate new computer using the license of the stolen one?: My laptop with pre-installed Windows 10 Home has been recently stolen. I am going to build a new machine and my question is related to Windows 10. Can I transfer the license from that laptop to a new machine? I really hope that it is possible....