Windows 10: Using the News App in Windows 10

Discus and support Using the News App in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I went on line to see how to change the sources in the news app. I would like to know if i can add foreign language sources and for ex. remove Fox... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by paulaE., Mar 24, 2020.

1. paulaE. Win User

Using the News App in Windows 10

I went on line to see how to change the sources in the news app. I would like to know if i can add foreign language sources and for ex. remove Fox News.

When i type the name of the foreign source in the search bar, nothing comes up.

I don't care for most of the news outlets that MS offers and want to change them. I remember setting up what i wanted quite a while ago but the app seems different to me now in that it displays a ton of news outlets that I dono't want.

How do i customize the whole thing?

Thank you

:)

paulaE., Mar 24, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Using the News App in Windows 10

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Using the News App in Windows 10

1. Using the News App in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Using News App

2. finding news apps

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    finding news apps: I was trying to find out more information on using windows 10 specialized apps of looking at news websites without having to load a browser https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/finding-news-apps/b43cc63b-24a8-4122-a443-b5bb465543e1
  3. news app in the menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    news app in the menu: Hi, my assitant said me the computer updated,and we see that news app in the menu,and i can't delete it, why ? really waste of time this news app !i deleted it last year, and it comes again !...
  4. news app problems

news app problems: I keep getting issues with the Microsoft news app. This has been on two separate computers and I have reset the app and also uninstalled and reinstalled. The problem is when I open the app and it shows me a selection of news stories and click on a particular news story...
  5. MicroSoft News app in Windows 10

MicroSoft News app in Windows 10: The news applet always pops up and displays some recent headlines. Clicking on it, however, takes us to the news page, and the stories on the marquee NEVER show up. Also, while the marquee is toggling between a single and a 3 way news headline roam, it sits on the single...
  6. How to use Microsoft News app for Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    How to use Microsoft News app for Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The world around us is changing at a fast pace. Without regular access to news, most of us would be unaware of the various events occurring, both locally and around the world. Microsoft News enables its users to get a [...] This post How to use Microsoft...
  7. Microsoft News (the app in windows 10)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microsoft News (the app in windows 10): why is microsoft news app freezing every time I click on a news item? I uninstalled and re-installed the app and it keeps doing it. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/microsoft-news-the-app-in-windows-10/317473ad-bdd7-4eed-a854-b7f2a49657c7
  8. Microsoft News App

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Microsoft News App: The Home page of News apps doesn't load fully. If I scroll down then it keeps on showing that loading sign , and doesn't load after that. I tried updating and troubleshooting the issue but didn't help . is anyone facing the same issue . And what should be done to fix this...
  9. Fox news app

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Fox news app: why is Fox News app access denied https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fox-news-app/58917f87-7843-4309-9c71-6280bedf1e97"
  10. News app

News app: I'v uninstalled this app and reset it but I'm continuously having the same problem. Is there any updates on solving this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_news/news-app/d70e6ebe-d444-474b-b6f3-dcac93c897c9