Windows 10: Using the PC's fan to clean the inside

Discus and support Using the PC's fan to clean the inside in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi all, I know I've done this in the past, but now can't find an option in settings or the control panel, to use the laptop fan to blow out the dust... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JackieLenson, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Using the PC's fan to clean the inside

Hi all,

I know I've done this in the past, but now can't find an option in settings or the control panel, to use the laptop fan to blow out the dust & general crud from the inside of the PC.

Can anyone help please?

:)

JackieLenson, Aug 7, 2019

2. Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Aug 7, 2019
  3. Pavan_N Win User
    Fan keeps running after upgrade to Windows 10

Hi,

Please answer these questions to assist you better.

• Have you installed all pending Windows and driver updates?
    • What is the make and model of your computer?

Install all pending Windows and driver updates in your PC. Updates are additions to software that can help prevent or fix problems, improve how your computer works, or enhance your computing experience.

Please refer to the following Wiki article created by Andre Da Costa
    on How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10.

How to: Install and Update Hardware Drivers in Windows 10

I suggest you to refer the link below and follow the steps suggested.

CPU fan noise after Windows 10 install

Do let us know if fan still keeps running. Thank you.

Pavan_N, Aug 7, 2019
  4. Sasqui Win User

Using the PC's fan to clean the inside

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Using the PC's fan to clean the inside

1. Using the PC's fan to clean the inside - Similar Threads - Using PC's fan

2. PC's fans going crazy

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC's fans going crazy: My fans are blaring loud even when im using simple tasks like file explorer or opening a word document. If I open any games, it just sounds like im next to a jet engine.My CPU temps are quite normal 30-50 During gaming it spikes to 80-90 but i think thats quite normal...This...
  3. PC's fans going crazy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC's fans going crazy: My fans are blaring loud even when im using simple tasks like file explorer or opening a word document. If I open any games, it just sounds like im next to a jet engine.My CPU temps are quite normal 30-50 During gaming it spikes to 80-90 but i think thats quite normal...This...
  4. Laptop fan sounds very loud after cleaning

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop fan sounds very loud after cleaning: Hi. I just send my asus laptop to asus service center for fan cleaning and thermal paste replacing. They didn't find fan problem so they didn't replace the fan. Now the fan are so loud, especially at startup What should I do? This really strange. It's supposed to be clean and...
  5. Laptop fan sounds very loud after cleaning

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop fan sounds very loud after cleaning: Hi. I just send my asus laptop to asus service center for fan cleaning and thermal paste replacing. They didn't find fan problem so they didn't replace the fan. Now the fan are so loud, especially at startup What should I do? This really strange. It's supposed to be clean and...
  6. Laptop fan sounds very loud after cleaning

7. BSODs after cleaning fans

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSODs after cleaning fans: Hello,After cleaning the CPU and GPU fans of my ASUS TUF DASH F15 and unscrewing + screwing them, I experienced more frequent Blue Screens, that usually occured after abnormal temperature behaviors. I attached the dump files. What could be possible issues?Thanks in...
  8. BSODs after cleaning fans

BSODs after cleaning fans: Hello,After cleaning the CPU and GPU fans of my ASUS TUF DASH F15 and unscrewing + screwing them, I experienced more frequent Blue Screens, that usually occured after abnormal temperature behaviors. I attached the dump files. What could be possible issues?Thanks in...
  9. BSODs after cleaning fans

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  10. System unit hum (fan cleaned)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    System unit hum (fan cleaned): Hey people. My system unit makes a constant humming sound, always in a kind of pulsing in and out way. The volume varies but it's usually quite audible. I thought it must be the fan so I opened it up and cleaned the fan with compressed air and also cleaned out all the dust in...