Windows 10: Using the Proxy Server to add an exception website

Discus and support Using the Proxy Server to add an exception website in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Good afternoon, I have setup 3 training workstations at our plant and only need to have one website available. In the Proxy setup I turn off... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by DarylT-IT, Feb 26, 2021.

1. DarylT-IT Win User

Using the Proxy Server to add an exception website

Good afternoon,

I have setup 3 training workstations at our plant and only need to have one website available.

In the Proxy setup I turn off Automatically Detect Setting, Use setup script 127.0.0.1 and Use a Proxy Server of 127.0.0.1 / Port 80 and need to add the below address.

For example the website in similar to train.trainingwebsite.com/Company. This does not save but if I only use the train.trainingwebsite.com it only goes to that site and no other sites are available.

Is there a way to get the /Company portion to save in the Proxy and the website will be available.

Thanks!

:)

DarylT-IT, Feb 26, 2021
  2. dcf-joe Win User

Proxy Server?

When I was in high school, I used this website. It is a website that lists working proxies, updated daily. If you choose the right ones, you can actually successfully watch youtube videos through the proxy!

dcf-joe, Feb 26, 2021
  3. HAT
    hat Win User
    Proxy Server?

bah, this site is blocked.

4. Tenforo Active Member

Proxy Server?

Some proxies "let" you replace the url name with it's IP, like for google http://74.125.77.99/
    Still you would need an external list of ip addresses for each website you want to visit (cauz the proxy would not let you do a tracert) or maybe use an external website for that, like this one (if not blocked already)

Tenforo, Feb 26, 2021
Thema:

1. Using the Proxy Server to add an exception website - Similar Threads - Using Proxy Server

2. Proxy Servers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Proxy Servers: Is it advisable to use a proxy server for my wireless network? Setup script address was 127.0.0.1:86...Is this a normal configuration? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/proxy-servers/f9dcdd46-0421-4e37-b477-24943eeb017a
  3. Proxy server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Proxy server: For quite some time after a Microsoft Update I have had to manually turn off the proxy server each day in order to get on the internet. The "Save" button is greyed out, so unable to save the turned off setting. I have spoken to techs about this and they ran some tests, but to...
  4. "Use a Proxy Server"

"Use a Proxy Server": System changes to "Use a Proxy Server" when I close out a session and then log back in. This change also often happens when I am in the middle of a session. This is extremely annoying and frustrating. How can I turn this OFF permanently? I appreciate any help. Thanks...
  5. Proxy Server

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Proxy Server: On Windows 10, every time I try to access a web site a message comes up stating the "Proxy Server cannot be accessed" I then have to go to Proxy and turn a yes switch to a no for the site I am attempting to access. When I am in the site if I want to go to a hyperlink, the...
  6. What advantage is there in useing a proxy server?

What advantage is there in useing a proxy server?: What advantage is there to use a proxy server? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/what-advantage-is-there-in-useing-a-proxy-server/b9bb959a-1fa0-4f27-8c7e-0780c04e7587
  7. proxy servers

proxy servers: Do I need to have a proxy server on my Notebook connection to the world wide web? Scott G....
  8. Proxy Server Error

Proxy Server Error: All of a sudden (no changes or updates) I am getting the following proxy server error on my desktop computer. I used to fix error by doing a shutdown but now that is not working....
  9. Proxy Server

Proxy Server: I have Internet access but on a lot of sites it says that I can't get on the site because of the Proxy Server. This is only happening on one Computer and my other 3 have no problems but they don't have windows 10? 18589
  10. "use a proxy server" doesn't save

"use a proxy server" doesn't save: Hi folks, I've been having issues lately with the "Use a proxy server" setting. Initially whenever I would set the slider to "off" and close settings, it wouldn't save. I found that the issue had to do with the UAC being enabled. After I disabled UAC, the setting could be...