Windows 10: Using the Touchpad and Mouse middle click button on Windows

Discus and support Using the Touchpad and Mouse middle click button on Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The middle button on a mouse is typically used for scrolling through File Explorer with tons or file or long pages on the web. But did... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 21, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Using the Touchpad and Mouse middle click button on Windows

WinClub, Feb 21, 2019
  2. kuertee Win User

stop middle mouse button from opening cortana/search

Is there a way to stop the middle mouse button (i.e. click of the scroll wheel) from opening Cortana/search?

Things I've tried:

1. Searched Google. No useful results. The closest I found was that Windows 10 may be confusing the click of the middle mouse button as the 3-finger tap on the touchpad - which opens Cortana/search by the default. But I don't have a touch pad. I have the Toshiba PX30T (Toshiba Qosmio PX30t 23 inch Touchscreen All-in-One PC - Black/Silver (Intel Core i3 3120M 2.5GHz Processor, 8GB RAM, 1TB HDD, DVDSM DL, LAN, WLAN, BT, Webcam, Integrated Graphics, Windows 8 64-Bit): Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories).

2. Tried re-configuring the middle mouse button in (a) Windows 10 Settings > Devices > Mouse & touchpad, (b) Control Panel > Mouse, and (c) my desktop's manufacturer's System Settings utility application (upgraded just now from their website). Interestingly, none of those three configuration tools had any control setting for the middle mouse button.

It is obvious that Windows 10 doesn't "fully" support the wireless mouse that comes with my PC.

My question then is...

Is there a way to "unbind" the middle mouse button from opening Cortana/search? For example, via the Registry Editor - maybe?

Thanks for any replies!

kuertee, Feb 21, 2019
  3. Edwin Win User
    stop middle mouse button from opening cortana/search

Hi kuertee, welcome to tenforums.com! Using the Touchpad and Mouse middle click button on Windows :)

What's the model of the mouse?

Edwin, Feb 21, 2019
  4. nxavis9 Win User

I want to disable touchpad on Dell laptop

Hello everyone,
    My laptop's touchpad works and I don't want it to, because I prefer a mouse. It's a Dell Inspiron 11 3000 series on windows 10 OS.

What I have tried that hasn't worked:
    • start<settings<devices<mouse & touchpad<additional mouse options. This opens a window called Mouse Options which has 5 tabs up top, none of which involve the touchpad. The Hardware tab shows 2 devices: the mouse itself, and the USB. No touchpad there.
    • windows key+x<mobility center. No touchpad to be found.
    • various function keys. No options for touchpad on/off.
    • device manager<mice and other pointing devices. Again, only the mouse and usb show up. It appears the touchpad is working without a driver, which is a little spooky.
    Any other suggestions? I could try downloading a third party driver, but that seems like a step in the wrong direction.
    Thanks

nxavis9, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

1. Using the Touchpad and Mouse middle click button on Windows - Similar Threads - Using Touchpad Mouse

2. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  3. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Middle mouse button click not working: Hello, hope you are well. For a couple months now my middle mouse button has not been registering at all. I use it quite a lot toopen links in new tabs and such, so this is really tough. I know its not the mouse itself, because ive plugged in a new mouse and it had the same...
  4. Middle mouse button click not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. touchpad middle mouse button with press and drag functionality

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    touchpad middle mouse button with press and drag functionality: we need more advanced option in touch pad sectionthere is no move functionality while tripple or quadro fingers are tapped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-middle-mouse-button-with-press-and-drag/9b98ac8e-1d33-448f-93e7-1e49449aab20
  6. touchpad middle mouse button with press and drag functionality

in Windows 10 Gaming
    touchpad middle mouse button with press and drag functionality: we need more advanced option in touch pad sectionthere is no move functionality while tripple or quadro fingers are tapped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/touchpad-middle-mouse-button-with-press-and-drag/9b98ac8e-1d33-448f-93e7-1e49449aab20
  7. Middle mouse button drag with the touchpad

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Middle mouse button drag with the touchpad: Good morning, This might be an age old question but I need to find a way to perform this if I dont have a mouse with the notebook. CAD software traditionally use middle button drag for panning a drawing sheet or rotating the 3D model. Currently the left button drag mode...
  8. Middle Mouse Button Click Isn't Working

Middle Mouse Button Click Isn't Working: Unfortunately, earlier today, my middle mouse button stopped working whenever I clicked it. I plugged in another mouse, one that I had just bought from the store, and it's middle mouse button wasn't working either. I tried uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling them,...
  9. middle mouse functions using touchpad

middle mouse functions using touchpad: I want to use middle mouse functions on my laptop but i don't have a mouse, every answer i've seen online hasn't helped https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/middle-mouse-functions-using-touchpad/d2e56e13-bcaa-49fa-8b18-671f4699b81d
  10. Middle Mouse Button Click Issue

Middle Mouse Button Click Issue: I have a Dell WM257 mouse/keyboard running on Windows 10 desktop. The middle button on the mouse suddenly stopped working. There doesn't seem to be anyway to check or change the settings for this, although the settings that are available did not change. Reinstalling the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show touchpad button

2. middle click mouse pad function

3. windows 10 touchpad click in middle of touchpad

4. In Windows 10 how do I disable the middle trackpad button ,
  5. middle touchpad button use,
  6. middle click registry surface pro 3