Windows 10: Using the volume wheel on my keyboard mutes my input audio device

Discus and support Using the volume wheel on my keyboard mutes my input audio device in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I have a Lenovo laptop and an acer keyboard that I hook up to it. The keyboard has a volume wheel, and whenever I adjust the wheel it mutes my input... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JeremyPenner1, Sep 16, 2021.

1. Using the volume wheel on my keyboard mutes my input audio device

I have a Lenovo laptop and an acer keyboard that I hook up to it. The keyboard has a volume wheel, and whenever I adjust the wheel it mutes my input audio device. The device is called "internal microphone conexant 20751 SmartAudio HD. There's no display that shows me this, I just notice that the microphone stops working. I can find no way of unmuting it except by going to the sound settings and running the troubleshoot option on the input device. It will then tell me that the audio device was muted and the troubleshooter fixed the problem by unmuting it. This is super annoying to have to do

:)

JeremyPenner1, Sep 16, 2021
  2. David Haz Win User

Volume goes to zero and mute.

Hi William,

If the volume of your computer automatically mutes, it could be that the audio drivers are corrupted or damaged, or that there are software conflicts occurring within the system. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the audio troubleshooter
    and lets Windows find and automatically resolve problems with your audio. Here's how to run the audio troubleshooter:

• Select the Start button, then type troubleshoot, and select
      Troubleshoot from the list of results. From there, select
      Playing Audio
      > Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter does not help resolve the problem with your volume settings, we suggest that you check Device Manager and update your sound card drivers. Updating would replace any corrupted or damaged components of the audio driver. Here's how to
    update your audio drivers through Device Manager:

• Open the Start button, then type device manager, and select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Under Sound, video and game controllers, right-click your sound card driver, then select
      Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically search for updated driver software.
    If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you may look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions on how to install their driver.

If the above steps doesn't resolve the problem, feel free to post back to us.

David Haz, Sep 16, 2021
  3. How do I create a keyboard shortcut to reduce volume of playback audio device?

Hello and thank you for taking a moment to consider assisting with my question!

I play a game that has audio issues, and I need to be able to press a key that can lower the volume of my playback device by 30%, or some granular control over the volume level through a keyboard shortcut.

I'm on Windows 10, my keyboard is the Corsair K70 RGB Rapidfire, and the audio device I need to control is an Astro Mixamp (connected through USB).

The keyboard has a wheel and mute button integrated for volume control, and it will work with windows volume but does not control the Astro Mixamp.

Any thoughts you may have on how I can implement such control are greatly appreciated!

P.S.

I don't want to use AutoHotKey as it can interfere with games built in anti-cheat systems.

Rx Chem Dog, Sep 16, 2021
  4. Tendows Win User

Using the volume wheel on my keyboard mutes my input audio device

Volume Mixer not showing muted app

The application was muted on Windows 10 with November update. Now I am using Anniversary update, on build 14393.10

The initial step did not help make Banished show up in the Volume Mixer, nor did the article.

Tendows, Sep 16, 2021
Thema:

Using the volume wheel on my keyboard mutes my input audio device

1. Using the volume wheel on my keyboard mutes my input audio device - Similar Threads - Using volume wheel

2. Mute button wont mute my audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mute button wont mute my audio: On youtube or spotify i click my mute button which is f1 but it takes me microsoft support and i tried turning off function lock but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-button-wont-mute-my-audio/50f68b49-dafe-4bf6-afba-89d2e546196d
  3. My audio is muted?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My audio is muted?: It looks like the audio of my pc is muted at the bottom. Over the volume symbol it has a red "x" But whenever i try to unmute it it just troubleshoots the problem. the lady then says its muted and that she unmuted it but when i go to click on it again, it just troubleshoots...
  4. Mute Button and Volume Scroll Wheel on Keyboard work, but don't actually change the volume

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mute Button and Volume Scroll Wheel on Keyboard work, but don't actually change the volume: When I use either the mute button or volume scroll on my keyboard, they change the volume on the overlay, but that volume isn't linked to the actual volume of Windows. I can manually change the volume by clicking on the sound icon and moving my mouse, but I'd like to have...
  5. input muting problems when using a usb device...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    input muting problems when using a usb device...: I hook my notepad 12fx up and sometimes it will work but when I want to use the internal microphone to talk online etc... NO audio? what is going on? I am running a stripped down windows 10 no office etc,,, on an HP laptop w/ 8gig ram and an AMD A-6 2.6gig processor on a 64...
  6. OSD device mutes my audio Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    OSD device mutes my audio Windows 10: For several weeks a black and white device has appeared on the upper left portion of my screen. It has a slider to control the audio. That slider is permanently set on total mute. I can slide it to permit audio to be heard. The slider always returns to the mute position....
  7. Onscreen device mutes my audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Onscreen device mutes my audio.: For several weeks a black and white device has appeared on the upper left portion of my screen. It has a slider to control the audio. That slider is permanently set on total mute. I can slide it to permit audio to be heard. The slider always returns to the mute position....
  8. Volume/mute keys on keyboard not working

Volume/mute keys on keyboard not working: The volume and mute keys on my keyboard are not working. However, I know it's not the keys themselves that are broken, because the F1-F3 functions work perfectly fine. The interesting thing is that they work when I have the command prompt running as an administrator and I'm...
  9. G510 keyboard volume wheel

G510 keyboard volume wheel: Logitech G510 keyboard volume wheel stopped working after windows 10 latest update. Do we have a fix for this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/g510-keyboard-volume-wheel/78ebfe32-21b4-4a76-95ca-e788c184a04c
  10. My scroll wheel changes volume

My scroll wheel changes volume: So my scroll wheel keeps randomly changing the volume sometimes it does sometimes it doeasnt and it's not about the cpi button beacause i tried that as well. I tried unplugging then plugging it back in but that didn't work either. Can someone help me? IS there a way to...