Windows 10: Using the Windows Mail APP, my display name is all in lower case

Discus and support Using the Windows Mail APP, my display name is all in lower case in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Have followed instructions to fixed, removed and reinstalled, etc. Still all lower case. RH... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by robhorel, Nov 2, 2020.

1. robhorel Win User

Using the Windows Mail APP, my display name is all in lower case

Have followed instructions to fixed, removed and reinstalled, etc. Still all lower case.

RH

:)

robhorel, Nov 2, 2020
  2. Arul_D Win User

Windows 10 Mail app; how to change / update the mail display name ?

Hi Eric,

Thank you for posting the query in Microsoft Community Forum!

Form the description; you want the display name to be changed in the mail app.

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

Hope this information is helpful. If you need any further assistance, please feel free to reply.

Arul_D, Nov 2, 2020
  3. While sending mail, does not show my name, instead shows my email address

I would suggest you to follow the steps to change the Account display in Mail app:

1. Open Mail app

2. Select “settings”.

3. Under settings select “Manage Account”.

4. Click on the Account name

5. Change the Account name

If still not working, try the steps below:

• In the Mail app, open Settings (the gear icon).
    • Click 'Manage Accounts'
    • Select the account you want to change the outgoing display name for
    • Click 'options for syncing email, contacts, and calendar'
    • in the account sync settings, there should be a 'Your name' text field that is used as the display name for outgoing emails.

ManojKumarMK, Nov 2, 2020
  4. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. Using the Windows Mail APP, my display name is all in lower case :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Using the Windows Mail APP, my display name is all in lower case - Similar Threads - Using Mail APP

2. how to change file names from lower case to upper case in windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to change file names from lower case to upper case in windows 11: When saving file name with all CAPS and "_" to separate words, it will convert. all letters after first character to lowercase, I want the whole file name to be in CAPS. Thanks,Bill P...
  3. how to change file names from lower case to upper case in windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to change file names from lower case to upper case in windows 11: When saving file name with all CAPS and "_" to separate words, it will convert. all letters after first character to lowercase, I want the whole file name to be in CAPS. Thanks,Bill P...
  4. Windows Mail app display name bug

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Mail app display name bug: I have an exchange account and two gmail accounts in my Windows Mail app inboxes aren't linked. Whenever I try to send mail from either of my gmail accounts using the app, it is sent under the display name from my exchange account. This problem only occurs when using the mail...
  5. lower Case C not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    lower Case C not working: i JUST received this PC today and spent a lot of time uploading my games and other software to it. i uninstalled the trial anti-virus and MS 360 as i dont use them. i installed the antivirus i do use. After finishing uploading and installing a lot of what i usually have on my...
  6. Lower case s not working on my keyboard

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lower case s not working on my keyboard: Hi very strange thing happened a few days ago, the lower case s stopped working on my keyboard, I could get every other key, inc Uppercase S. I tried the usual, uninstall drivers etc, ( found there were 2 keyboards listed ? Uninstalled both, but they both came back ) then...
  7. App to convert lower case to upper case

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    App to convert lower case to upper case: Hello, I have the need to convert lower case folder names to upper case in Windows 10 File Explorer on a Surface Pro 3. I found a few on line. Does anyone have experience with a free one that you would recommend? Thanks!...
  8. Display name in Windows 10 Mail

Display name in Windows 10 Mail: I use Windows 10 mail for my Gmail and other email accounts that I have. For some reason, the name that is being displayed to people I email is my husband's name (who also has a gmail account). I have verified that the email has originated from my own email, gone out to...
  9. my lower case P wont work

my lower case P wont work: I have tried multiPle keyboards and lower case P will not work I am running windows 10 Pro https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/my-lower-case-p-wont-work/5fbf3433-6cfb-4377-a9e3-f28f2360059d
  10. Upper/Lower case swaps

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Upper/Lower case swaps: Ok...no help with my last problem with 65143