Windows 10: Using the xcopy command when also using OneDrive

Discus and support Using the xcopy command when also using OneDrive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; My topic is the xcopy command. Like every year at the end of the year, I want to copy my empty folder structure for next year. The command for 2020 to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by DanielSiemons, Oct 26, 2021.

1. Using the xcopy command when also using OneDrive

My topic is the xcopy command. Like every year at the end of the year, I want to copy my empty folder structure for next year. The command for 2020 to 2021 that I successfully used was as follows: "C:\Users\Myname\Documents\Priv 2020" "C:\Users\Myname\Documents\Priv 2021" /T /ENow I also use OneDrive and have my folders no longer stored in the system folder "Documents" but in the system folder "Pictures". This is necessary to avoid the thing with the Outlook PST file, which OneDrive can not synchronize. Therefore, I created another xcopy command: "C:\Users\Myname\Pictures\Priv 2021" "C:\Users\

:)

DanielSiemons, Oct 26, 2021
  2. jciszek Win User

Cannot xcopy to OneDrive Professional

Hi everyone,

I am stumped as to why I have not problem creating a .bat file to copy files from my harddrive to my personal OneDrive, but I cannot do the same to my OneDrive Professional. The following works for putting the file in a test folder in OneDrive Personal...

xcopy "C:\test.docx" C:\Users\User\OneDrive\test

But the following does not work...

xcopy "C:\test.docx" C:\Users\User\OneDrive - [***hidden***]\test

I thought it might be due to difference in security on the folder, but they look identical.

Thank you and Happy New Year!

jciszek, Oct 26, 2021
  3. Command line copy, Xcopy cant see files unless 'onedrive' is inserted.

In your description you left out a few essential details. Let me guess. Is this what you are trying to do:

1. You launch Windows on the laptop with the broken screen.
    2. You open a Command Prompt by pressing the Windows key+R, then typing cmd.exe{Enter}.
    3. You're using some xcopy command to copy some files to an external disk.

What exactly is this command?
    Did you consider restoring the files from your external backup medium?

Frederik Long, Oct 26, 2021
  4. Using the xcopy command when also using OneDrive

Windows 10 - OneDrive

Right click on the app and one of the properties has an option to not automatically start it. Uncheck, restart the computer, and it should stop. If you want to go another step further, find the OneDrive app in the start menu, right click on it and uninstall.

If that is still insufficient, there is a batch uninstaller for OneDrive available online. I can copy the code here if you need it.

FordGT90Concept, Oct 26, 2021
Thema:

Using the xcopy command when also using OneDrive

1. Using the xcopy command when also using OneDrive - Similar Threads - Using xcopy command

2. Access Denied To Files Using xcopy

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access Denied To Files Using xcopy: i am trying to copy different file from d drive to windows drive using xcopyxcopy /e /v /r /y "D:\Windows" "C:\Windows" i am getting access denied for some files is there anything i can do to fix this...
  3. Access Denied To Files Using xcopy

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access Denied To Files Using xcopy: i am trying to copy different file from d drive to windows drive using xcopyxcopy /e /v /r /y "D:\Windows" "C:\Windows" i am getting access denied for some files is there anything i can do to fix this...
  4. how to use arp command in command prompt as when used it say command is not recognised as...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to use arp command in command prompt as when used it say command is not recognised as...: i want to know how to use arp command in command prompt as many other command also say same thing "command is not recognised as internal,external, operational program or a batch file "pleasre provide me the solution for this so i can fix this problem...
  5. how to use arp command in command prompt as when used it say command is not recognised as...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to use arp command in command prompt as when used it say command is not recognised as...: i want to know how to use arp command in command prompt as many other command also say same thing "command is not recognised as internal,external, operational program or a batch file "pleasre provide me the solution for this so i can fix this problem...
  6. how to use arp command in command prompt as when used it say command is not recognised as...

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Using the xcopy command when also using OneDrive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using the xcopy command when also using OneDrive: My topic is the xcopy command. Like every year at the end of the year, I want to copy my empty folder structure for next year. The command for 2020 to 2021 that I successfully used was as follows: "C:\Users\Myname\Documents\Priv 2020" "C:\Users\Myname\Documents\Priv 2021" /T...
  8. Using the xcopy command when also using OneDrive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using the xcopy command when also using OneDrive: My topic is the xcopy command. Like every year at the end of the year, I want to copy my empty folder structure for next year. The command for 2020 to 2021 that I successfully used was as follows: "C:\Users\Myname\Documents\Priv 2020" "C:\Users\Myname\Documents\Priv 2021" /T...
  9. used xcopy command and now i can't find my files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    used xcopy command and now i can't find my files: I used the command "xcopy C:\users D\ /D" I copied complete users folder and at the end of the command it showed that a number of files has been copied but I can't find those files in D drive. so please tell me a way to find those files * Moved from Community Participation...
  10. Tough Command Line Backup using Robocopy or Xcopy

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Tough Command Line Backup using Robocopy or Xcopy: I must backup my BSOD'd PC from the command line before re-installing Windows 10, but Robocopy is glacially slow and Xcopy emits"Insufficient Memory" (due to long pathnames). I am now running Windows 10 from a USB 3.0 drive downloaded from MSft which brought me to [Install...