Windows 10: Using turedo tunneling connection is established to external IP using UDP ports

Discus and support Using turedo tunneling connection is established to external IP using UDP ports in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi All, We have found some systems in our Network establishing external connections using Teredo tunneling using UDP ports, we have found this... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sabareesh Kumaresan, Aug 7, 2019.

1. Using turedo tunneling connection is established to external IP using UDP ports

Hi All,

We have found some systems in our Network establishing external connections using Teredo tunneling using UDP ports, we have found this issues in network monitoring devices, all system are in the domain groups.

External IP also randomly changing and it picking random UDP Ports.

Please confirm its malicious or legitimate.

Thanks & Regards,

Sabareesh VK

:)

Sabareesh Kumaresan, Aug 7, 2019
  2. Fr. Yuri Win User

UDP Ports

Windows 10 appears to be a totally control-freak operating system and I'm hating it.

I'm trying to run a TeamSpeak 3 server on my computer. It uses UDP Port 9987. I can access the port locally, through localhost or 127.0.0.1, even my internal IP... 192.168.1.116. But the instant I try to access it from the internet, it fails to connect.
    Yes, the port is forwarded in my router's port forwarding. Every program that uses TCP ports works just fine. But UDP ports are being blocked by something and I can't figure out what is blocking it. So, logically, since I don't have anything but the router,
    windows firewall and windows defender, it MUST be windows. I've checked for proxies between the internet and my router and there are none. So, again, logically, the only option left is Windows 10 itself.

I use to be able to use UDP ports in Windows 7 and Windows 8. It stopped when I upgraded to 8.1 and then 10 it still doesn't work. Does anyone have any suggestiongs?

I have a local portforward checking application that pings a external server that then tries to connect using the specified protocol for the specified port and it works just fine on TCP 9987, but when I tell it to check UDP 9987, it immediately comes back
    stating that a program is blocking the UDP 9987. Does anyone have any suggestions? Please, somebody help me get this working. I'm pulling my hair out here.

Fr. Yuri, Aug 7, 2019
  3. IggSter Win User
    Help with port forwarding!

Just for clarification: Port forwarding takes a packet that is addressed to your external (public) IP address and forwards if to an internal (private) IP address

First step:

Go to What's My IP Address? Networking Tools & More

Your External (public) IP address will be shown at the top of the page.

This is the IP address that other users on the internet will use to connect to you.

Second step:

Find your Internal (private) IP address.

This is the IP address of the Ethernet card in your PC

This IP address MUST be in one of the following ranges to be guarenteed to work:

10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255
    172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255
    192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255

Third step:

Open up the admin application for your router and look for port forwarding/private servers option.

The screen will have a source port number (tcp and udp) and will also have a destination IP address and port.

Example:

Your PC has a private IP of 192.168.0.2 and your run a game server that uses ports 2345 and 8977

In admin screen source ports will be 2345 and 8977 (an entry for each port will be needed)

Destination will be 192.168.0.2 port 2345 and 192.168.0.2 port 8977

Example screenshot of port forward screen http://www.kumagames.com/img/server setup/server_setup_04.jpg

IggSter, Aug 7, 2019
  4. ugn10 Win User

Using turedo tunneling connection is established to external IP using UDP ports

How to configure Port Forwarding?

HI,

My router gets different IP addresses. Dynamic DNS is enabled.

I have to configure port forwarding in my router. While configuring port forwarding, I need to fill following details:

• Internal IP
    • Internal Port
    • Remote IP
    • External Port
    • Protocol (TCP/UDP)

Please guide me to configure Port Forwarding in my router.

Regards
    UGN

ugn10, Aug 7, 2019
Thema:

Using turedo tunneling connection is established to external IP using UDP ports

1. Using turedo tunneling connection is established to external IP using UDP ports - Similar Threads - Using turedo tunneling

2. UDP port

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UDP port: i started working from home this week & a few months ago everything was working fine with the new computer, yesterday when I logged in to the asp nextgen hosting site I was unable to do anything. we clicked on the connection that showed up and seen a message that said we...
  3. UDP port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UDP port: i started working from home this week & a few months ago everything was working fine with the new computer, yesterday when I logged in to the asp nextgen hosting site I was unable to do anything. we clicked on the connection that showed up and seen a message that said we...
  4. TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers: A. TCP 3587 UDP 3389B. TCP 3587 UDP 3540C. TCP 3389 UDP 3540D. TCP 80 UDP 3540 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tcp-and-udp-port-no-used-by-homegroup-computers/47a6498a-4c37-43c1-9806-2f334441aa17
  5. TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers: A. TCP 3587 UDP 3389B. TCP 3587 UDP 3540C. TCP 3389 UDP 3540D. TCP 80 UDP 3540 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tcp-and-udp-port-no-used-by-homegroup-computers/47a6498a-4c37-43c1-9806-2f334441aa17
  6. TCP and UDP port no used by homegroup computers

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Printers added using IP But Missing the IP Port in the port list and goes offline after...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Printers added using IP But Missing the IP Port in the port list and goes offline after...: HiWe have a sudden problem where printers were inactive. I removed all drivers and re added the network printers using IP. When I sent a test page it will spit out error message. I then check the PORTs and i cannot see IP and printer selected WSD. I have to manually added the...
  8. UDP ports not released

UDP ports not released: I have a problem where the UDP ports on my computer aren't being released. I monitor both the TCP and the UDP port assignments every 10 seconds. This is the script I'm running: #!/usr/bin/ksh while true do d=`date` lp=0 lp=`netstat -anp UDPgrep -c 65535` if [ $lp...
  9. Cannot use Teredo Tunneling

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cannot use Teredo Tunneling: Hello, I have tried literally everything in the forums to fix my teredo problem. I do not have teredo installed (yes I showed hidden networks). I have gone to device manager, and selected show hidden networks, and attempted to download the legacy, while clicking next a...
  10. port 25565 is open on my external ip but not on internal ip

port 25565 is open on my external ip but not on internal ip: Port 25565 is open on the external IP but closed on the internal IP so I can't start a Minecraft server. The server opens when I put in the domain but it doesn't open on other networks. Does anyone know how to fix this?...