Windows 10: Using TV as computer monitors

Discus and support Using TV as computer monitors in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello!!! I just bought 2 Insignia 24" TVs to be monitors. I use a Dell Inspirion 15 7000 I think Gaming Laptop and are using these as an extended... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by thekalinator, Oct 21, 2020.

1. Using TV as computer monitors

Hello!!!

I just bought 2 Insignia 24" TVs to be monitors. I use a Dell Inspirion 15 7000 I think Gaming Laptop and are using these as an extended display. The video quality is amazing, however, I cannot get it to be the right resolution to have the text and eveything else be more sharp and clear like my laptop. I attempted to custom scale as well as tried everything almost everything in the settings for the TVs itself and the resolutions in the display settings. Help?

:)

thekalinator, Oct 21, 2020

2. No display on monitor when TV set as primary display

Issue solved

Removed DVI/HDMI cable from computer and monitor

Step 1: Check if the VGA monitor cable is defective.

1. Turn off computer
    2. Connect the monitor VGA cable from the monitor to the VGA port on the computer
    3. Turn on computer, VGA monitor cable is good.

Step 2: Tun off computer
    1. Connect HDMI Cable to HDMI port and TV
    2. Turn on computer and TV, there is no monitor black screen
    3. Click on the Windows logo, select the Settings icon , and then select

System. Under Display there are two squares, labeled 1 and 2

D Click on Advanced Display Settings:

Display information: Display 1- Monitor Display 2 -TV

E Right-click the Speakers icon in
      the taskbar, select Sound, click on Playback devices,

a s tv screen with my brand shows
      AMD High Definition Audio Device ready.

F. Problem solved

Cause of the problem: Defective VGA port on the Syba VGA HD15+ 3.5 Audio to HDMI converter

Rooben Kajima, Oct 21, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    How to connect TV to computer?

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

In order to help you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps, please reply with the details mentioned below:

• When you say, “one works & the other doesn't” What happens when you connect the TV to the computer?
    • Do you see any error message/code? If yes, what is the error message/code?
    • What is the make and model of the TV and computer?

If you are connecting the TV as an external monitor, you may refer the article

Set up dual monitors on Windows 10

You may also refer the article on
    Troubleshoot external monitor connections in Windows 10

If you are connecting both the computers to the TV with different HDMI ports for switching, you may also want to check the HDMI port settings in your TV.

Let us know the results, we will be glad to help you further.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 21, 2020
  4. Using TV as computer monitors

Connect Samsung Smart TV to Computer

We suggest that you follow these steps:

• Connect your PC and TV in same network.
    • Got to Start and click on Settings.
    • Open Devices and chose Connected devices from the menu on the left.
    • Click on Add a device.
    • After the wizard finished, just click on your TV and follow the instructions.
    Let us know how it goes.

Nathaniel Mon, Oct 21, 2020
Thema:

Using TV as computer monitors

1. Using TV as computer monitors - Similar Threads - Using computer monitors

2. How to use 1440p Monitor and 1080p TV as Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use 1440p Monitor and 1080p TV as Dual Monitors: I have a 1440p Monitor on my desktop, and I run an HDMI from my GTX 970 graphics card to the 1080p TV in my living room. I do this so I can sit on the couch and watch something every now and then. The problem I am having is when I play a video game on the PC, I have to unplug...
  3. TV Monitor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    TV Monitor: I have an older 4yrs ASUS laptop which I plug into an 32" RCA TV used for my monitor. Works great!. I finally bought a 15" HP laptop and tried the same, but no display on the TV. When I shut the TV off, the laptop "beeps" so it knows it's there, just not displaying anything....
  4. tv for computer monitor

tv for computer monitor: would like to use tv for computer screen. comp has usb but tv has hdmi. do they make a cable with these two ends? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tv-for-computer-monitor/0d6ddd41-8f29-4666-abee-a0c1af4896a6
  5. Unable to use Monitor and TV

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to use Monitor and TV: I can use the output from the card for each separately but they will not work together. I have downloaded the latest drivers and tried all Microsoft fixes. I also went to Nvidia and they could not get it to work but said it should. Has anyone else had this problem.?...
  6. Using small TV as Second monitor on laptop.

Using small TV as Second monitor on laptop.: Hello, I am attempting to use a Tv (SAMSUNG T24B350ND) as a second monitor on my Lenova Legion (Model 81q6) The second screen is croped or not scaled correctly and is cutting of the task bar. More concerning it is displaying a very low grainy resolution. Tinkering in...
  7. No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable

No sound using TV as monitor with HDMI cable: I use my tv as a monitor for my computer and the sound has suddenly stopped working. The picture is fine but there's no sound, it says that the "Spatial sound" is off and doesn't give me an option to turn the sound on for anything but headphones. Nothing I've seen online...
  8. TV being used as a Monitor. Font is blurry.

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    TV being used as a Monitor. Font is blurry.: First of all, this may be a little dumb that we did this. But my mom wanted a new monitor for her Acer desktop since hers is broken at the base. So, thankfully we had a small flat screen TV that can be used as a monitor that I hooked up via HDMI for her. The size of the TV is...
  9. TV being used as a Monitor. Font is blurry.

in Windows 10 Support
    TV being used as a Monitor. Font is blurry.: First of all, this may be a little dumb that we did this. But my mom wanted a new monitor for her Acer desktop since hers is broken at the base. So, thankfully we had a small flat screen TV that can be used as a monitor that I hooked up via HDMI for her. The size of the TV is...
  10. Using a TV via hdmi as the only monitor.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using a TV via hdmi as the only monitor.: I want to use a TV as my only monitor, with hdmi. I presently have an actual monitor connected via the hdmi port on my video card. How can I swap out the monitor and use the TV, and have this work again tomorrow? I got this far once before until the next day. Once the...