Windows 10: Using two identical screens, one displays black borders.

Discus and support Using two identical screens, one displays black borders. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am using two curved Samsung screens, one is connected via HDMI the other via VGA, the VGA screen displays black borders. I tried going into Nvidia... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DantheBun, Apr 1, 2020.

1. Using two identical screens, one displays black borders.

I am using two curved Samsung screens, one is connected via HDMI the other via VGA, the VGA screen displays black borders. I tried going into Nvidia settings, and into Windows setting with no success. When I lowered the resolution I was able to get rid of the borders, which I am not even able to do anymore (I reset all Nvidia settings that I changed).

submitted by /u/DantheBun
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DantheBun, Apr 1, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Black borders on screen

Hi Lyn,

It is true that the challenges that you’re having with the black borders on your computer screen might be related to the Display Settings of your monitor just like what DaveM121 was suggesting. To better assist you with your concern, we need you to answer
    the following questions:

• Which type of display cable are you using? ( VGA, DVI, HDMI cable).
    • Were you able to update your display adapter drivers?
    Looking forward to your response.

Dyan Rey, Apr 1, 2020
  3. BobC18 Win User
    Black border to screen display

I have just upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10. Before the upgrade everything was working perfectly, now the screen display is not full size - there is a black border about 1 inch wide running all round the screen. My monitor is an NEC Multisync EA231wmi
    and I have an nVidia graphics installed.

I have tried all the different screen resolution settings, but they all leave the black border around the edge of the screen

BobC18, Apr 1, 2020
  4. CMCole Win User

Using two identical screens, one displays black borders.

Black border to screen display

I'm still at a loss. I have an ATI Radeon HD 4300/4500 display adapter. Catalyst does not work. I cannot find anything on AMD or NVIDID to get a fix going.

Lowering the resolution distorts everything. And, using the recommended settings, causes the black border.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

CMCole, Apr 1, 2020
Thema:

Using two identical screens, one displays black borders.

1. Using two identical screens, one displays black borders. - Similar Threads - Using identical screens

2. Can't Install Two Identical Printer In One PC Using different USB PORT

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't Install Two Identical Printer In One PC Using different USB PORT: I Have a PC running with Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2, OS build 19045.2006 and Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0. I currently have a problem when trying to install two identical Toshiba Barcode Printer B-EX4T3. Those two printers will be printing different type...
  3. Can't Install Two Identical Printer In One PC Using different USB PORT

Can't Install Two Identical Printer In One PC Using different USB PORT: I Have a PC running with Windows 10 Pro Version 22H2, OS build 19045.2006 and Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4180.0. I currently have a problem when trying to install two identical Toshiba Barcode Printer B-EX4T3. Those two printers will be printing different type...
  4. Can't Install Two Identical Printer In One PC Using different USB PORT

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Two identical shortcuts with different names, only one is displayed in the start menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Two identical shortcuts with different names, only one is displayed in the start menu: Hi If I take a copy of e.g. Google Chrome and paste into the same folder C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, then only the copy shortcuts appears in the start menu and not both of them, how can it be and how do I fix it?I see the problem...
  6. Two identical shortcuts with different names, only one is displayed in the start menu

Two identical shortcuts with different names, only one is displayed in the start menu: Hi If I take a copy of e.g. Google Chrome and paste into the same folder C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs, then only the copy shortcuts appears in the start menu and not both of them, how can it be and how do I fix it?I see the problem...
  7. Two identical shortcuts with different names, only one is displayed in the start menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Black Border

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Border: I have a black border around my screen after doing a windows update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-border/600e48a6-1d31-460e-bd06-ac6c1e615e5f
  9. Wake on Lan not working on one of two identical computers

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Wake on Lan not working on one of two identical computers: Hi, I have TWO IDENTICAL computers, both are running the same windows version, with the same driver versions and updates installed. BIOS settings are identical, too, and both computers are connected to the same switch. On one of them Wake On Lan works, on the other it...
  10. BLACK BORDER AT LEFT OF SCREEN

in Windows 10 Customization
    BLACK BORDER AT LEFT OF SCREEN: Hi A black border has appeared at the left edge of my screen. It has done this before and usually turning the PC off and on again would solve the problem. however this time it refuses to leave. I have fiddled about with the display settings and it did nothing. I also...