Windows 10: Using two screens, after computer has been to sleep all programs reappear on the main...

Discus and support Using two screens, after computer has been to sleep all programs reappear on the main... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I would like my programs to stay on the screens where I have put them, but instead, after the computer has been to sleep they come back all on the main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Roger_Stone, Mar 30, 2019.

1. Using two screens, after computer has been to sleep all programs reappear on the main...

I would like my programs to stay on the screens where I have put them, but instead, after the computer has been to sleep they come back all on the main screen and I have to drag some back to where they ought to be. Also, if a program is full-screen, I can no longer drag it by the title bar - I have to double-click or Restore first. This is on Windows 10, set for best Performance not best appearance (ha ha).

:)

Roger_Stone, Mar 30, 2019
  2. David Haz Win User

After Windows 10 Anniversary Update Computer Not Sleeping

Hello.

Does disabling the HID-Complaint Touch Screen driver resolves the issue? If yes, we suggest that you disable it and see if your device go into Sleep mode after a period of inactivity.

We also suggest to check if the settings of the Power Options of your device are set so that the device will go into Sleep mode after a period of time. You may follow the steps below to check is Sleep mode is enabled on your device:

• Press the Windows button + X, then click on
      Power Options.
    • Click Change when the computer
      sleeps.
    • Change the settings to your preferred settings.

Keep us updated on the results.

Regards.

David Haz, Mar 30, 2019
  3. Computer goes to Sleep mode automatically

Hi Anthony,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below if not tried already and check if it helps.

• Navigate to Start>Settings>System>Power & sleep.
    • In the right pane, select Never from the drop down list for
      Screen
      and Sleep.
    • Close the dialog box and check for status.

Hope the information is helpful. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 30, 2019
  4. Using two screens, after computer has been to sleep all programs reappear on the main...

Recovery Screen Appears When Computer Attempts to Sleep

I have the same problem, but it's intermittent. (More accurately: I haven't been able to determine the pattern. Likely affected by screen blanking time or system sleep time, as described by OP.)

• Dell XPS 8700
    • i7-4790 processor
    • 24 GB RAM
    • 256 GB mSATA solid state boot drive
    • 64-bit: shipped with Windows 8.1 Pro, upgraded to Windows 10

If you have any suggestions, please share.

Thanks.

damonbrinson, Mar 30, 2019
Thema:

Using two screens, after computer has been to sleep all programs reappear on the main...

1. Using two screens, after computer has been to sleep all programs reappear on the main... - Similar Threads - Using screens computer

2. Active windows all moved to main monitor after sleep/off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Active windows all moved to main monitor after sleep/off: In a late reply to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/active-windows-all-moved-to-main-monitor-after/42396920-908c-486f-800b-ff4035337b35 and the very arrogant answer from MikeWillis...
  3. Active windows all moved to main monitor after sleep/off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Active windows all moved to main monitor after sleep/off: In a late reply to https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/active-windows-all-moved-to-main-monitor-after/42396920-908c-486f-800b-ff4035337b35 and the very arrogant answer from MikeWillis...
  4. Active windows all moved to main monitor after sleep/off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Wifi adapter stops working at random and after the computer has been sleeping

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi adapter stops working at random and after the computer has been sleeping: Hey, my Wifi adapter stops working when it's not in constant use and needs to be fixed through the windows troubleshooter. I tried turning off the option to turn it off to save power and even reinstalled windows (I got a new drive anyway). It doesn't break when I'm in a zoom...
  6. all open programs appear on main monitor after sleep cycle instead of where they were...

all open programs appear on main monitor after sleep cycle instead of where they were...: Hi, I have recently just reinstalled windows on my pc. I have the latest Graphics drivers. My pc has an internal Intel HD Graphics 620 and NVIDIA GEForce MX150. I am currently using 2 screens and the monitor screen. Before I reinstalled windows, when the computer went to...
  7. All Programs close on sleep

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    All Programs close on sleep: On my laptop when I open the lid all of the programs are shut off, my keyboard lights are off and it takes a few minutes to log in and open up. It appears that when I close the lid and re-open it is just like turning the power on. I close lid for 30 seconds and then I am 5...
  8. Folder Keeps reappearing after it has been deleted (windows 10)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder Keeps reappearing after it has been deleted (windows 10): I have a folder that keeps reappearing after it has been deleted. Here are the things that I've tried: 1) Permanently deleting it with shift+del 2) Repairing my recycling bin via the command prompt (as administrator) 3) Scanning the folder for security issues with...
  9. All windows gathered on main screen after sleep/wait time

in Windows 10 Support
    All windows gathered on main screen after sleep/wait time: Hey! I have two monitors, same resolution, same scale ratio (200% since they are 4k's). I've got this problem with programs windows getting gathered on the main monitor in some cases after computer rests unattended. The problem is I can't tell what exactly causes the...
  10. mouse pointer does not reappear after sleep

mouse pointer does not reappear after sleep: oem install of windows 7 pro, upgraded to windows 10. everything else seems ok, running classic shell v4.2.5, and windows 10 theme. when i click my mouse or hit a keyboard key to wake the computer from sleep mode, my mouse pointer does not show up. I can right click and...