Windows 10: Using USB After Media Creation Tool

Discus and support Using USB After Media Creation Tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; So, i just finished using my USB to install Windows 10 onto a computer and I haven't done anything with it since. Now, I would like to use my USB for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EricCoffman101, Apr 22, 2021.

1. Using USB After Media Creation Tool

So, i just finished using my USB to install Windows 10 onto a computer and I haven't done anything with it since. Now, I would like to use my USB for other things so I'm wondering if there is a proper way of removing the bootable files on it. Any help is greatly appreciated.

:)

EricCoffman101, Apr 22, 2021

2. Media Creation Tool question

Thanks Cerberus but Ive no problem downloading the Iso with the media creation tool. I don't think its the ISO that is the problem' I think the problem is when the Media Creation Tool is creating the bootable USB flash drive. So I think I can use the Media Creation Tool for that part...and as you say try something like Rufus to create the bootable USB flash drive

I still have this question though "The tutorial here says after going to the Microsoft site and selecting the Download Tool (Media Creation Tool) option that the Media Creation Tool should be save to the PC and run from there.
    On Microsoft site the instructions are to Download the Tool and select Run (no saving to the PC). Is there a reason for saving it to the PC first as suggested on Tenforums?"

I was curious to see if others had encountered the issue I had with the Media Creation Tool. Ive never had a problem using it before

sportsfan148, Apr 22, 2021
  3. Kyhi Win User
    Media Creation Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

your link "EN-CA" My link "EN-US"

4. Using USB After Media Creation Tool

Media creation tool

Hi,

We would like to know more about this concern. Kindly answer the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • Is this the first time that you encountered this problem?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to download Media Creation Tool?

Desiree Yau, Apr 22, 2021
Thema:

Using USB After Media Creation Tool

1. Using USB After Media Creation Tool - Similar Threads - Using USB Media

2. Media Creation Tool USB won't boot

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Media Creation Tool USB won't boot: USB created with MediaCreationTool22H2 for W10 won't boot on a New Ryzen 7950X ASUS X670E. I had to use rufus and create a bootable USB from a 22H2 ISO. Pretty sad MS when you can't get your own creation tool to work......
  3. USB is not been deducted while media creation tool is used?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB is not been deducted while media creation tool is used?: USB is not been deducted while media creation tool is used? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-is-not-been-deducted-while-media-creation-tool/634b4393-c625-4fd6-956a-b5683f7c46da
  4. USB is not been deducted while media creation tool is used?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    USB is not been deducted while media creation tool is used?: USB is not been deducted while media creation tool is used? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/usb-is-not-been-deducted-while-media-creation-tool/634b4393-c625-4fd6-956a-b5683f7c46da
  5. USB is not been deducted while media creation tool is used?

6. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB: I am trying to create an instillation drive so I can put windows 10 on an HDD, but every time I get the message "8GB of free disk space needed on C:" which is my SSD not my flash drive. The drive is 3.0 usb, 32 GB, so I don't know why it won't target the external drive. It...
  7. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB: I am trying to create an instillation drive so I can put windows 10 on an HDD, but every time I get the message "8GB of free disk space needed on C:" which is my SSD not my flash drive. The drive is 3.0 usb, 32 GB, so I don't know why it won't target the external drive. It...
  8. Media Creation Tool Not Installing to USB

9. problem using media creation tool

problem using media creation tool: I have tried unsuccessfully to create a windows 10 USB boot drive. I keep getting the following error: 0x0200013-0x90019. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-using-media-creation-tool/0f5bb36a-03bc-4d03-8d95-dcc215cc73a0
  10. How to "upgrade" when using the media creation tool on USB?

How to "upgrade" when using the media creation tool on USB?: Hi, So I ran the media creation tool and instead of choosing to upgrade this PC, I chose to write it to a USB stick so that I could do the upgrade at my leisure. So, I spent the time to download the 3 or 4 GB (we have super slow internet here) and put let it write to the...